List Mgmt. 2018 Trade, Free Agency & Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about the players then. It's a business afterall everyone. Well don't whine about your treatment on social media etc then if you want the fans to be deconditioned to club identity and allow you to move around as mercenary contractors.
In a world where some of this change is likely.

I have very little issue with players wanting to be able to chase success when they want.

On the flip side I have even less issue with a club being able to just void a player contract.

In the world I want to live in club ties are tribal, players stay forever, and incorrect disposal is a thing and adjudicated to my interpretation.

You could put a genetically modified version of dench/silvagni/Rance but if our midfield can retain the ball then we may as well play Phil matera as FB

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He will definitely stay in WA.

I don't think we need him. We need continuation in McKay and Nielson. i think mckay and durdin need to be played as defender/back up ruck types. Preuss can't play an entire game and we can't play him and goldy together in the same team. It turned Mooney's career around and will get them into the game more. Worked well for Drew early days too (before the foot injuries).

With nielson, mckay, and durdin we are fine. Not to mention EVW as a third tall. Daw the unknown. Big mean take time annd they have an extra year to get sorted - it is why thompson got another year after all.

St Kilda will be throwing everything they can at Gaff and Sloane and let's be honest, they're in a more advanced spot than we are. I'm happy to take their spare cap out of the equation this year and look to go big next year onwards.
I think youre over rating St Kilda there......the cooker is warming under Richo.

Pick up Gaff this year, Kelly next and draft the best available midfielder this year and the side will take on a completely different look in two years time.

Williams, McKay, Atley
MacMillan, Tarrant, McDonald
Gaff, Cunnington, Kelly
Wood, Garner, Higgins
Turner, Brown, Ziebell
Goldstein, LDU, Walsh

Simpkin, Ahern, Jacobs, T. Thomas, Hrovat, Clarke, Hibberd, Wright, Preuss, EVW, B. Scott

Last edited:
I think youre over rating St Kilda there......the cooker is warming under Richo.

I dunno, they're clearly more advanced than we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE will take it up and notch and he will re-sign.

We all know how this sham system works now.
He'll be given $4m as that's all WCE can fit in their cap and then he'll be promised another $2m if he does a TV ad for some joggers or shaving cream.

Next days headline = "McGovern sacrifices $2m to turn down North and stay an eagle"

We all know how this sham system works now.
He'll be given $4m as that's all WCE can fit in their cap and then he'll be promised another $2m if he does a TV ad for some joggers or shaving cream.

Next days headline = "McGovern sacrifices $2m to turn down North and stay an eagle"

Don't forget the bunch of backroom W.A. businessmen offering McGovern to "invest" in a block of Scarborough units at 10 bucks apiece.

Pick up Gaff this year, Kelly next and draft the best available midfielder this year and the side will take on a completely different look in two years time.

Williams, McKay, Atley
MacMillan, Tarrant, McDonald
Gaff, Cunnington, Kelly
Wood, Garner, Higgins
Turner, Brown, Ziebell
Goldstein, LDU, Walsh

Simpkin, Ahern, Jacobs, T. Thomas, Hrovat, Clarke, Hibberd, Wright, Preuss, EVW, B. Scott

No D.Swallow?

The sink is being thrown at Tom Lynch. GC Lynch. Believe that. Finish above them and they have a shitful year he will be wearing the blue and white next year.

The sink is being thrown at Tom Lynch. GC Lynch. Believe that. Finish above them and they have a shitful year he will be wearing the blue and white next year.

Teams are moving away from two/three tall set ups.

We seem hell bent on doing the complete opposite.

As we seem to be using most of our young talls as key backs I believe it.

Im gussing we might offer somewhere in the ballpark of 10 mil over 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back