"Don't Believe in Never" - 2018 AFL ad campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, but none felt particularly contrived nor overtly trying to push a race/gender narrative.

Was prepared to dislike them but happy to say I didn't. Well done.

Oh for sure, marketing down at AFLHQ has definitely improved 10 fold based on this performance

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Alir alir if he doesnt get back into the Sydney team this year he would easily slot into most other teams defence.

Too good for nsw fl or whatever it is

All three so far bloody good. I hope they turn it into more. Could do one with Daniel Menzel which would be awesome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least there is an attempt at a narrative rather than "watch this campaigner get flattened" on a loop. Not that there's anything wrong with campaigners getting flattened.
campaigners getting flattened? I'd like to see that.

Only watched the Dimma one but loved it. Had to get a glass of water afterwards to wash down the lump in my throat. :D

Can just see why the players love him, he genuinely seems to love and care for his players. P.S Would be a pretty confronting experience (at least the start where all your flaws and criticisms are shown). Reopening of old wounds, hearing and seeing the despair of fans who rest their hopes on dreams on your profession. Not just the footy side but then your personal life too. Must be quite a humbling/bittersweet viewing.

Out of curiosity, was there a Bulldog one at the eve of the 2017 season? Wouldn't mind seeing that if there is one floating about.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I enjoyed watching the first two clips, but I exited the AFLW propaganda after one second because women's footy doesn't interest me. I'm all for girls playing underage football and it's great the AFLW exists as a pathway for female footballers, but I don't watch it.

Good to see Hardwick and the RFC enjoying their time in the sun after copping plenty of s**t over the years. Good luck to 'em. LOL at the perpetually butt.hurt losers on Big Footy who can never bring themselves to applaud premiership teams and let them enjoy their moment, but always seek to bring them down out of jealousy and angst.

I suppose the message for fans is your team might suck, but hang in there. Keep the faith. You just never know what might happen.

The Allir Allir story is probably a good message for kids in Sydney who might wonder whether they can ever make the grade in the AFL. Here's a Sudanese kid from a refugee camp who couldn't speak English when he moved here and didn't play Aussie Rules until he was 14. If he can do it, then so can you.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back