Unofficial Preview Round 1: Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be important to start well so I would suggest the boys keep the headphones on right up until the first bounce that should drown out having to listen to the worrisome / tiresome Port Power Inbred Anthem - You Will Never Tell Us Apart
After we get off to a flyer it will be just a matter of Ballas / Sonny and co keeping up the sledging because let's face it any side filled with such renowned ' in the trenches ' warriors such as Wotts / Motloaf / Wingnut Rocklick and Dixoff - Weston is unlikely to keep the dummy in the gob for very long if they have to start pushing sh*t uphill and the games not unfolding quite as they had hoped.
Fresh off a ' diet derby ' paddling of West Corp I expect us to be full of beans early on and be about 26 pts up at 3/4 time. After a tanty by old crumpet faces brother Ken Hinkley where he reminds the power stars that they are all being quite well remunerated the Power surge back into the lead only to have their hearts again ripped out and displayed to the world Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style when Polec having elimination final flashbacks of Shuey Selwooding him grabs Mundy around the ankles 30m out from the Freo goal on a tightish angle and we all know what happens from there

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
We need to think about timing here. There's no point aiming to be April premiers and then fading out with a whimper later in the season.
Our early season should be all about being competitive, introducing our youth to the gane and settling the gameplan and method.
We should be aiming to peak later in the year (even in a rebuilding year)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s honestly nothing concerning coming out flying early year...to then fade out. We’re a young team, it’s to be expected and i think Freo might be aiming for that fast start and to win a heap early eg; 2015 and then see what happens the second half, arguably the better end of our fixture.

We need to think about timing here. There's no point aiming to be April premiers and then fading out with a whimper later in the season.
Our early season should be all about being competitive, introducing our youth to the gane and settling the gameplan and method.
We should be aiming to peak later in the year (even in a rebuilding year)

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
We can expect the veterans to play in the early part of the season, especially given the teams we are scheduled to come up against. Unless they have compelling form rookies won't be playing early.

Will be very similar to last season, and you can schedule posters responses too.

Don't think there will be to many changes from JLT2 , if the hills are fit D.Pearce , Sutty for them and Meek for Darcy.
JLT squad was 24, so 4 would need to come out for the Hills. Darcy and Sandi aren't playing together.

DP, Sutty, Meek and ??? Not really sure what the Boss is thinking here.

We can expect the veterans to play in the early part of the season, especially given the teams we are scheduled to come up against. Unless they have compelling form rookies won't be playing early.

Will be very similar to last season, and you can schedule posters responses too.

I agree posters reaponses will be predictable. The only veteran I have an issue playing is Danyle. I think Brayshaw will play Rnd 1 and Banfield. If we have two debutants (first gamers) I think we can all be reasonably pleased if we have any perspective at all.

I think Cerra will debut rnd 3.

We are every chance to win this if we make a good start? Reason: fitness.

Nearly all of our players have played 3 games. For them, Polec and Wingard have played half a game each. Rockliff 0 games. Boak missed last week so 1 game a month prior to this game. Same with SPP if he makes it back. Motlop has had calf issues. Robbie Gray is out.

It’ll be interesting to see which of their players get a game in the reserves this week.

Having said that, if they get momentum, it could get ugly early. We need to be in the game at 1/4 time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole dp can not be in. The poor guy just can't play footy anymore'. I would like to see some of the old guys like MJ, Ballas and sandy rested from travel for the majority of away games this year .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamling was one of our first picked last season. He's playing, full stop. Can see Alex Pearce and Hamling playing together. Nothing wrong with that. Ryan and Wilson can then play off them.
I think he was referring to the fact that "Hambling" won't get a game. I am sure he knows Hamling will.

Hamling was one of our first picked last season. He's playing, full stop. Can see Alex Pearce and Hamling playing together. Nothing wrong with that. Ryan and Wilson can then play off them.
Hamling is definitely in. He won elsleevador’s freo b and f last yr.

This will be a close game. WC beat Port, we went down to Adelaide by 10 points. We beat WC (twice) and Port beat Adelaide.

I don't think it will be the drubbing we got last season but I think we'll lost by 10 - 20 points; we just don't play Adelaide Oval well.

The midfields match up pretty well they have a better forward line, we have a better defence. I think the key to the game will be making their forwards accountable, utilising the run of Ryan, Wilson and AP. Hamling to take Dixon (he's our best 1v1 defender).

So does anyone still doubt that all of Spurr, Ballantyne, Johnson and D. Pearce will play round 1?

Only young players will miss selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back