Autopsy Rd 1 Blues go down by 26 in encouraging performance

Remove this Banner Ad

They are very nice but if you want to wear hand-painted boots coupled with a peroxide coloured rat on your head so that you stand out like a beacon, then you had better get a lot more of the ball than he did last night.

In fact he has to find a little more aggression & mongrel quickly because his constant standing still & watching will see him relegated to the seconds in a matter of weeks.
I was more than happy with Garlett’s game last night and can’t quite work out how his appearance contributes to that in any way?

Something going on with Weitering, he looked good in the pre season and suddenly disinterested, not engaged, soft.. he started on the bench...Is there issues or has he plateaued? Me I think it’s between his ears

He peaked between JLT1 and JLT2 . Pity . He was such a good player. But at least we get to cheer on his replacement Macreadie. Will anyone want a 21 ish old player though??

Our next 4-5 matches are winnable for sure.
Gold Coast, Collingwood, North, West Coast and Buldogs.
Sorry disagree on the Pies. I think they will be hard to beat. Its going to be an interesting year with Tiger as reigning premiers, Bombers are going to be a force, Pies to become hot again and the Blues making the 8

I am not for one second complaining about our boys taking the game on and making mistakes.

My criticism of Jones is a small one but one I have noticed now a few times. Keeping your feet is a very early football lesson and for Liam hopefully he just gets better at sticking the tackles or impacting the contest before going to ground.
I feel that Jones doesn’t lose his feet as often as some players do, but when he does he always seems to bounce back up and will himself to the next contest to influence it in some way.
It also seems that our expectations of Jones have grown to the point that we expect him to win every contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how I feel about our game last night and the year ahead.

The actual passage Nelson Mandela gave to the Springboks in 1995 is from Roosevelt called "The man in the arena" -

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

TA

Sorry disagree on the Pies. I think they will be hard to beat. Its going to be an interesting year with Tiger as reigning premiers, Bombers are going to be a force, Pies to become hot again and the Blues making the 8

We're every chance to beat the Pies in a couple of weeks.

That club is a basket case, reckon they're a realistic chance at bottom 4 this year.

We're every chance to beat the Pies in a couple of weeks.

That club is a basket case, reckon they're a realistic chance at bottom 4 this year.

I would like to think that they are a basket case, but fear that they may have fought their way out

Yo, the reason why Richmond got 71 inside 50s is because they don't even ******* look when they kick it in. Every entry is complete chaos.

Martin is the only guy who actually hits targets inside 50 in congestion, otherwise their entries are only clean after we turn it over.

Kreuzer 200cm, 101kg
Casboult 201cm, 103kg

Huge difference there mate... absolutely massive.

Just FYI... Nankervis 199cm, 102kg

The point is, at 201cm it's no surprise that Casboult can win the ruck. He's the same height as Naitanui and taller than Kruezer, Jacobs, Nankervis, Ryder as well as many other rucks.

He also looks to have a huge leap.

All this factored in, I feel confident when he is in the ruck. The last two games he has looked more comfortable playing ruck than he has playing forward.

Yo, the reason why Richmond got 71 inside 50s is because they don't even ******* look when they kick it in. Every entry is complete chaos.

Martin is the only guy who actually hits targets inside 50 in congestion, otherwise their entries are only clean after we turn it over.

I thought it was pretty well established also that when teams are inaccurate they tend to have higher inside 50s?

It's Richmond's style of play...they are happy to do that and while it leads to kicking a lot of points, it enables them to lock the ball in their front half and generate heaps of shots...they did this to every team last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back