List Mgmt. Lever Traded!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably whats scarier is that almost every Crows poster on here, knows that he isnt a KPD but plays more as a 3rd tall in defence.

How Melbourne got this so wrong is probably whats hurting them and how much they paid?

I think the trouble Melbourne had is clubs were only just working out that he was weak defensively. Sydney exploited it late last year, but that was about it. only now are clubs targeting him/his opponent on a regular basis.

I suspect he’ll work his way through it, he’s still young, but there’s little doubt his strength is 3rd tall/loose. He will never be a shut down defender. Although, as much as Melbourne media won’t admit it, if you genuinely isolate Rance in a 1 on 1, he’s vulnerable too.

I think the trouble Melbourne had is clubs were only just working out that he was weak defensively. Sydney exploited it late last year, but that was about it. only now are clubs targeting him/his opponent on a regular basis.

I suspect he’ll work his way through it, he’s still young, but there’s little doubt his strength is 3rd tall/loose. He will never be a shut down defender. Although, as much as Melbourne media won’t admit it, if you genuinely isolate Rance in a 1 on 1, he’s vulnerable too.

True on Rance - Jenkins made him look spuddish

The reality is Lever was very good for us - excellent at times - so it is not like we didn't rate him. But it was always clear he was a great third back-man and a lousy 1st or 2nd one.

Lever.png

That was why he was not worth the money he wanted, and why almost all here were not suggesting we should have matched. $650k seemed overs but doable given the market for him and how well he fit in our structure (and lulz he seemed future captain material).

But $800k+?? GTFO.

Lever 2.png

So this isn't post-fact reasoning. We knew it at the time

I asked him if the rumor about him dumping his Adeliade gear at the Tip was true. He denied it vehemently.

But he lied for months during his weekly gig on 5AA radio. The guy knows how to talk s**t with a straight face.

Anyway, if you can actually get a couple of big, lock down, key defenders then Lever can play his usual role of floating around and intercepting. Still wouldn't make him worth $800k though.

The reality is Lever was very good for us - excellent at times - so it is not like we didn't rate him. But it was always clear he was a great third back-man and a lousy 1st or 2nd one.

View attachment 484019

That was why he was not worth the money he wanted, and why almost all here were not suggesting we should have matched. $650k seemed overs but doable given the market for him and how well he fit in our structure (and lulz he seemed future captain material).

But $800k+?? GTFO.

View attachment 484020

So this isn't post-fact reasoning. We knew it at the time

Were the 7% that agreed we should keep him, Melbourne supporters lol.

Lever will turn it around, he's still a good player. He just can't be the #1 defender, once Goodwin learns how to utilise him then he'll be fine.

But until then I'll enjoy the Melbourne melts while they work it out :D

For what they've paid, if he's not the no.1 defender then they've ****ed up. :)

Probably whats scarier is that almost every Crows poster on here, knows that he isnt a KPD but plays more as a 3rd tall in defence.

How Melbourne got this so wrong is probably whats hurting them and how much they paid?
I tried explaining Lever is not worth what they are paying to the Melbourne posters on the main board but was told I’m just being “Salty”

The Essendon game last year highlighted it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I tried explaining Lever is not worth what they are paying to the Melbourne posters on the main board but was told I’m just being “Salty”

Worth finding and posting in here for the lols. I could do with some laughs today.:p

:(

Wasn’t Garry Lyons the main push for Lever? Considering his questionable lack of judgement in the past it would seem this may be another example.

Don’t think so. They would have taken him with their next pick in the draft if he was available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're after a bit of fun go to twitter (you need an account) and type Jake Lever into the search bar.

Last edited:
Article on Herald website suggesting Melbourne will pursue another senior player in this year's trade period.

Time to talk up Jenkins and D-Mac.

Can we do the old bundle'o'spuds trade?

Tom McDonald for Josh Jenkins, Rory Atkins, Richard Douglas, David Mackay, and Curtly Hampton

Article on Herald website suggesting Melbourne will pursue another senior player in this year's trade period.

Time to talk up Jenkins and D-Mac.

Ain’t gonna get much without a first round pick to deal with unless they go UFA... how many ufa’s are there that are actually worth considering?..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back