Star Wars Star Wars: The Last Jedi - THREAD PART 2 - *SPOILERS and RUMORS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be real though!!! The only way that SW nerds would ever be happy is if the original trilogy was left alone and no other film was ever made after it.

Forget The Last Jedi critique, TFA had its fair share of criticism and objectively both films are pretty good films in terms of quality. The prequels were abysmal with great world development and some memorable scenes here and there.

But to be honest, the people who are hating on these new films are in the camp of there should never being another movie after "Return of the Jedi". Because having 6 films after it tarnishes its existence, sort of.

Honestly, I think they'd feel better just pretending the newer films don't exist. Buy the original trilogy box-set and be done with it.

If you have a bit more of an open mind then you might get some joy out of the newer stuff.

Notice a trend in the ST at all? It's the opposite of the bolded whilst introducing new elements.

A lot of s**t focused on why character A did this or how B did that, but not much commentary on "reasons why the FO was a dominant force in the universe." or the tools of war changing to provide improvement to war in the Star Wars universe. Quite the contrary actually destruction of old things, introduction of new things, no real "why?" touched, just accept it, like a nail to the frontal lobe and watch as two cripples beat each other...

Movies and establishment needs a competent opposition to make it seem like it matters.

Does the FO matter?

No, the point is you are trying to tell us Harrison doesn't perform an action role in TFA right now.

Sent from mTalk
So you missed the point too; sweet, I'll keep that in mind. I didn't say Harrison Ford didn't perform any action scenes. I said if you wanted three OAPs saving the galaxy, ala the Expendables, you were always going to be disappointed. The young guys will save the galaxy with support from the old guard. It was SM who tried to suggest a few action scenes is somehow comparable to the Expendables. It's so absurd, it hurts.

So you missed the point too; sweet, I'll keep that in mind. I didn't say Harrison Ford didn't perform any action scenes. I said if you wanted three OAPs saving the galaxy, ala the Expendables, you were always going to be disappointed. The young guys will save the galaxy with support from the old guard. It was SM who tried to suggest a few action scenes is somehow comparable to the Expendables. It's so absurd, it hurts.

No, I got that.

That you continued to deny that Han actually did action stuff when I pointed that out and tried to lump him in the with slow place roles of the other two is what I don't get.

Sent from mTalk

You're the one that completely missed the point, as you have regularly in this thread.

No, I got that.

That you continued to deny that Han actually did action stuff when I pointed that out and tried to lump him in the with slow place roles of the other two is what I don't get.

Sent from mTalk
Go back and read what I actually said, not what you think I said. It went like this: if you're expecting Star Wars, the Expendables, you'll be disappointed. SM: Han had some action scenes so it was totally like the Expendables. Everything after that is just confused nonsense because I never said Han didn't have any action scenes at all, I said his role was limited and the young stars get the bulk of the action, which is true. Rey and Finn fight Kylo, Poe provides air support. Han dies.

You're the one that completely missed the point, as you have regularly in this thread.
Did you know Tropic Thunder and the Expendables are basically the same thing :straining:

Go back and read what I actually said, not what you think I said. It went like this: if you're expecting Star Wars, the Expendables, you'll be disappointed. SM: Han had some action scenes so it was totally like the Expendables. Everything after that is just confused nonsense because I never said Han didn't have any action scenes at all, I said his role was limited and the young stars get the bulk of the action, which is true. Rey and Finn fight Kylo, Poe provides air support. Han dies.

Did you know Tropic Thunder and the Expendables are basically the same thing :straining:
Do you actually have any idea what an analogy is or are you at the point of idiot trolling because you're that bored?

I said it was like the expendables because the old characters had a number of action scenes. Then you went on some angry tangent about no character in star wars blowing up things like someone in the expendables did so the comparison doesn't work.

Do you actually have any idea what an analogy is or are you at the point of idiot trolling because you're that bored?
I do, which is how I know yours isn't one. Comparing the Expendables and Star Wars in any way simply because Han has some action scenes is as absurd as comparing the Expendables and Hot Fuzz.

Let me break it down one more time. It was never a realistic possibility that three people in their 60s and 70s were going to be the primary heroes of this trilogy. That was the point of my Expendables line and that you so spectacularly missed that very simple point is on you.

I do, which is how I know yours isn't one. Comparing the Expendables and Star Wars in any way simply because Han has some action scenes is as absurd as comparing the Expendables and Hot Fuzz.

Let me break it down one more time. It was never a realistic possibility that three people in their 60s and 70s were going to be the primary heroes of this trilogy. That was the point of my Expendables line and that you so spectacularly missed that very simple point is on you.
You really are stupid.

Quality response. Any chance you won't drag us off topic with more great 'analogies'.
Edgie made a comment about expectations of the original three, you then ridiculed him about expecting star wars expendables. I pointed out that's actually what we got - old 60 something year old carrying the bulk of the action scenes - and that his point was about their role not their amount of action. For you to somehow backtrack and claim expendables means them being the heroes completely undermines your intelligence when the expendables is a movie series known for mindless ACTION not heroic character pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact: Harrison Ford actually does more action in TFA than he did in Expendables, lol

Sent from mTalk
But in which movie is he more HEROIC? that's clearly what Jack meant you dumb dumb.

Edgie made a comment about expectations of the original three, you then ridiculed him about expecting star wars expendables. I pointed out that's actually what we got - old 60 something year old carrying the bulk of the action scenes - and that his point was about their role not their amount of action. For you to somehow backtrack and claim expendables means them being the heroes completely undermines your intelligence when the expendables is a movie series known for mindless ACTION not heroic character pieces.
Well, at least I can see where you are confused, even if I don't understand it. Han does NOT carry the bulk of the action. He doesn't appear until well into the film, after Rey, Finn and Pie have carried all the action to that point. He takes part in some action on the Falcon and Maz's castle WITH Rey and Finn. Then flies them into Starkiller base where he plants a few bombs and gets killed while Rey and Finn fight Kylo and Poe flies air support.

So no, he doesn't carry the action, it is nothing like the Expendables and my point that the young stars were always going to carry the film remains exactly where it was.

Now, I expect you to stubbornly stand by this very bad analogy because I've read the Westworld thread and I was forewarned.

Well, at least I can see where you are confused, even if I don't understand it. Han does NOT carry the bulk of the action. He doesn't appear until well into the film, after Rey, Finn and Pie have carried all the action to that point. He takes part in some action on the Falcon and Maz's castle WITH Rey and Finn. Then flies them into Starkiller base where he plants a few bombs and gets killed while Rey and Finn fight Kylo and Poe flies air support.

So no, he doesn't carry the action, it is nothing like the Expendables and my point that the young stars were always going to carry the film remains exactly where it was.

Now, I expect you to stubbornly stand by this very bad analogy because I've read the Westworld thread and I was forewarned.
I don't understand the reference but take pot shots if you want.

You do realize it was your idiotic analogy, not mine, right?

I said it was like the expendables because the old characters had a number of action scenes. Then you went on some angry tangent about no character in star wars blowing up things like someone in the expendables did so the comparison doesn't work.
I missed the second part of this post, but it demonstrates how you missed the point. I said quite clearly in the original post that it was not going to be like the Expendables where OAPs are the heroes and save the day. You then tried to conflate a few action scenes with with saving the day. I never said Han doesn't get some action scenes but he certainly doesn't save the day, Rey and Finn get out on their own. In TLJ, Luke doesn't save the day, he provides the opportunity for Rey to save the day.

So when I said, don't expect the Expendables, guess what, we didn't get the Expendables. Misunderstanding an analogy doesn't invalidate it.

I missed the second part of this post, but it demonstrates how you missed the point. I said quite clearly in the original post that it was not going to be like the Expendables where OAPs are the heroes and save the day. You then tried to conflate a few action scenes with with saving the day. I never said Han doesn't get some action scenes but he certainly doesn't save the day, Rey and Finn get out on their own. In TLJ, Luke doesn't save the day, he provides the opportunity for Rey to save the day.

So when I said, don't expect the Expendables, guess what, we didn't get the Expendables. Misunderstanding an analogy doesn't invalidate it.
Luke did save the day in your precious TLJ.

Wrong thread, and also I'm going to steer clear of any more trailers, just as I did for TLJ.

Funny though, despite doing that I was accused of over-speculating and going into TLJ with certain expectations..

They’re completely changing his established origin story.

I hope the movie doesn’t suck, but I expect it to damage Han as a character.

What established origin story?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back