Prediction Changes for the Dogs - Reid, Daicos & Greenwood in for Wells, Fasolo & Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Fasolo, Mayne, Wells
In: Reid, Sier, Daicos

Happy with the club rolling the dice on Wells recruitment.

Club says he isnt injured, just being managed and I have no reason to disbelieve that. They are setting him up for the second half of the season plus, hopefully, finals.

Mayne on the other hand was a mistake. But hes here now and bitching over his recruitment is a waste of time. With a few players missing hes adequate to good depth at the moment.
Well I can think of a reason as to why not to believe the club but I'll give them the bemifit of the doubt here and I don't have too much of a problem resting him.

Because separately they are both massively overpaid flops. And together, they are both massively overpaid flops.

Why should they not be linked, just because one bloke is deemed to be skillful and the other isn't? They've both contributed about the same amount to date.

Wow man they should make you head of recruiting at Collingwood! Do you think the largest sporting club in Australia is run by clowns or something? Obviously nobody expected Daniel Wells to have such a bad run of injuries. The risk was known, but the Collingwood medical staff had faith he wouldn't breakdown because they are actually qualified PROFESSIONALS (not expert bigfooty commentators). My point is, Collingwood are not stupid to not have done their due diligence with recruiting him but some things are just out of their control at times, like injuries! He was very influential when he was in the side last year and last Staurday night as well. At his best, he would make us a finals side. I think the gamble is worth it considering we didn't give up picks or players to get him.

Also Chris Mayne. He has constantly been in the best in the VFL and has played quite well since coming into the senior side. Yet he gets so much hate and people are still asking for his head. Why?? Because people like you are judging him based on 2017 and not his recent performances. The worst case scenario for Mayne is he offers depth for our team? It's not so bad really.

Also, every club has failures in recruiting were not the only one. Sharrod Wellingham at WC, Dale Thomas at Carlton, Chris Dawes at Melbourne. That's just players leaving our club. Recruitment is always a bit of a hit and miss. Your not going to win a premiership if you don't take a few risks.

Wow man they should make you head of recruiting at Collingwood! Do you think the largest sporting club in Australia is run by clowns or something? Obviously nobody expected Daniel Wells to have such a bad run of injuries. The risk was known, but the Collingwood medical staff had faith he wouldn't breakdown because they are actually qualified PROFESSIONALS (not expert bigfooty commentators). My point is, Collingwood are not stupid to not have done their due diligence with recruiting him but some things are just out of their control at times, like injuries! He was very influential when he was in the side last year and last Staurday night as well. At his best, he would make us a finals side. I think the gamble is worth it considering we didn't give up picks or players to get him.

Also Chris Mayne. He has constantly been in the best in the VFL and has played quite well since coming into the senior side. Yet he gets so much hate and people are still asking for his head. Why?? Because people like you are judging him based on 2017 and not his recent performances. The worst case scenario for Mayne is he offers depth for our team? It's not so bad really.

Also, every club has failures in recruiting were not the only one. Sharrod Wellingham at WC, Dale Thomas at Carlton, Chris Dawes at Melbourne. That's just players leaving our club. Recruitment is always a bit of a hit and miss. Your not going to win a premiership if you don't take a few risks.
Recruiting Mayne wasn't a risk becuase there was no upside with his recruitment. It was just a s**t decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bang on.

Club is damned no matter what’s they do according to so many on these boards.

They should never have played an old injury prone Reid against the Tigers after ANZAC day....but then they manage an old injury prone Wells and they are idiots.

People rage when they persist in bringing stars like Elliott back through VFL...but Elliott goes and re-injures himself anyway.

Smart to give Wells a game off considering it is consecutive six day breaks...and as Bucks said, we are trying to create a deep squad...so hopefully give Sier or Daicos a chance!

Exactly man. There are actually qualified professionals who deal with injuries and conditioning at our club. I think what people forget is that we don't have all the information that club-insiders have. So how can we even make medical suggestions?

Whatever.My point was sound,but if it makes you feel better to have a good rant then go ahead.

Your point makes no sense, it's pretty clear why they get linked when spoken about. We are judging them separately, they just both end up with the same conclusion is all.

Last edited:
i don't know why people keep linking Wells with Mayne,they're completely different players.Wells is a proven match winner,as he showed the other night with his skills,while Mayne is just an ordinary battler with little or no skills.Just because they came to the club at the same time doesn't mean they should be linked together forever.
Totally agree.

So totally different.

One a bona fide trier ... at best.

One a bona fide elite silky star that has played 250 games.
Yes he’s near the end of it, but even if it’s for a few games he can win us games. Besides Pendlebury not one player on our list can match his skill.
He came to us only taking up salary cap space and he’s worth it.
The bulk of our list aren’t fit enough to lick his boot laces let alone tie them.

Great shame he wasn’t ours ten years ago.

A bit insulting to place Wells next to our trying type who arrived at the same time.

Just wait until De Goey or Moore leaves because we can't front up enough cash to match an offer someone like North Melbourne makes because we're still being held ransom by these two.

You must be mistaken.

I kept being told the Wells recruitment "cost us nothing" because we didn't have to provide draft picks. Surely that is the only currency that matters?

Not sure how anyone can defend the club and say recruiting Mayne and Wells weren't mistakes.
Wells was injury prone beforehand and Mayne was never good enough to begin with. Of course the club thought it would play out differently, but it hasn't, so they were both mistakes. We've now got 1 mil of cap space used up on 2 mistakes.

Out: Fasolo, Wells
In: Reid, Sier

Hahaha, yes it was a massive surprise to everyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back