Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The meta and personal stuff ends now. No further warnings.

Hi CE, why are you using meta? We usually use meta in reference to analysis of the same material to draw a new or different conclusion. That is the purpose of the board is it not? Everyone drawing different conclusions from the same information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi CE, why are you using meta? We usually use meta in reference to analysis of the same material to draw a new or different conclusion. That is the purpose of the board is it not? Everyone drawing different conclusions from the same information.

In this context it is used to mean discussion about the way discussion is occurring rather than discussion about the topic itself.

We must be watching the games in different universes. GHS is very clean with his ball use, a genuine extractor and easily as good as SS. Plus, he's not that slow, probably as slow as Ling, Couch and Bairstow were. It's just that he's not ahead of JSelwood, Ablett, Danger, Duncan and you can't have that many mids in the side.

But then again, there are supporters these days that will drop anyone that doesn't amass 30+possessions and three Brownlow votes per game. Go figure.
I'd play him forward defensively. He can read it, get it and kick a goal too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woah woah woah! You're not supposed to know real stuff on here. Careful.

EDIT: And that's me done for a while. I shall return later to count the spoils. Or even the next post I might return.

Last edited:
So it's Djilang Round for us, Djilang means Geelong.

Geelong Cats raise awareness of shared histories, cultures + achievements by Aboriginal people, ahead of Reconciliation Week.

Players will wear the names of their countries on the back of their guernseys.

AFL
  • Brandan Parfitt - Larrakia/Yawuru/Warramungu - NT;
  • Tim Kelly - Noongar - WA
  • Jamaine Jones - Barkindji - NSW
VFL
Quinton Narkle - Noongar/Wajuk/Balardung - WA

-A9F8-7958F3F95F219BFCCDE5610F-B7EA-B851-FEBC5782639085D43front_Hero_Online1.jpg
0A771669-9F20-6DF8-052A65521A75FD20ScreenShot2018-05-21at1.39.10pm.jpg

Designed by Nathan Patterson

Elements of the design:
Centre piece represents a meeting place (the U shapes & Circle)
In the circle is a silhouette of the YouYangs, below the mountains is the Barwon River, which flows into the Ocean
Behind the YouYangs is the rising Sun, representing Kardinia Park which in Waddawurrung language means "the First Rays of Light"
The Dotwork in the hoops symbolises the Saltwater and in the white is the symbol for freshwater/running water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back