Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically there is no I in team but there is in match committee.

MC:Chris we have all talked it out for hours , all the pros and cons and think we think Abbott , who is the form ruckman, the player who actually plays in the ruck in the vfl should debut.....

CS:Stanley kicked 4 and he plays but thanks for the effort and input guys keep up the good work. ... and if it doesn't work out we always have Danger.

At the end of the day it IS the coaches call

Anybody think this week's Carlton team looks a lot better than the one that got trounced last week?
Curnows, their ruck, and Cripps are great players.
Everybody assuming we are going to have an easy win?
I am still feeling a little circumspect and can recall our consecutive losses to Pies/Blues not so long ago.
We will need to be ravenous for Blues Blood today.
More recent times last years consecutive losses, Suns Bombers,same time of year in the same manner as last week.Need to make a statement this week and follow it up next week or i'll be jumping the fence at Metricon.

Who knows, we might decide to move the ball a little faster to give our forwards a chance.
We can start by winning the clearances and stoppages. Imagine being ranked dead last in this area with that talent!!!
Let’s hope our midfield finds some self respect

Anybody think this week's Carlton team looks a lot better than the one that got trounced last week?
Curnows, their ruck, and Cripps are great players.
Everybody assuming we are going to have an easy win?
I am still feeling a little circumspect and can recall our consecutive losses to Pies/Blues not so long ago.
We will need to be ravenous for Blues Blood today.
Don’t jinx us Dubs ......quiet!!!

We can start by winning the clearances and stoppages. Imagine being ranked dead last in this area with that talent!!!
Let’s hope our midfield finds some self respect
The midfield could start by standing in the right spots.
Patrick F Dangerfield will be having an outing tonight. Bookmark it.
As he should against that midfield.

I expect Duncan to amass 30+ and Hawkins to kick the first goal.

It's "proof" of absolutely nothing.
In fact, it's not even worthwhile evidence of anything, let alone proof.
A lot of totally unjustified credence is being given to the completely unsourced and unsubstantiated word of a journo who has a track record of abusing his privileged position by using it to advance his own prejudiced personal opinions about players and officials.

A tweet is now ’proof’....

No idea if there is any truth to the story doing the rounds here.

If it is actually based on real 'inside info' from a member of the MC, I'm far more concerned about their cowardice in leaking these details than in the arbitrary matter of whether Stanley or Abbott was selected to ruck in the ones this week.

Neither Rhys nor Ryan could be considered a stand-out choice for the role. Stanley has often disappointed in that position and Abbott has hardly 'banged the door down' to any meaningful degree. It's clearly not 'utter madness' to select either of them for the job. And if we had anyone going even reasonably well in that position, neither of them would be seriously considered.

So it's actually far more disturbing to think that grown men can't behave like adults and treat each other with some respect in airing their different views. I certainly don't expect them to agree about everything. Robust exploration of all the options has to take place. But once the decision is made (and, ultimately, there will be times where the person at the top has to break the deadlock), you have to anticipate that they will retain a semblance of solidarity and seek to resolve their differences internally so that they can work together in the future.

If relationships have broken down to the point where key players walk away from the table and divulge confidential information with the clear intent to besmirch others, you know it wil all end very, very badly.

And the choice for it to end that way will be mostly on the individual who couldn't keep their own counsel and felt the need to indiscriminately attack someone from afar when they should be openly communicating with that colleague instead.

Integrity is always your greatest asset. Once it evaporates, you have very little left on which to stand.
Complete MC confidentiality is absolutely non-negotiable.
That applies in any team sport from Under 6 netball to GFC to the All Australian team.
Any breach is an automatic and immediate sacking offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking they may play Ablett as a loose man down back... lets see if he can give 40 pos a shake.

That's a pretty reasonable idea. We've had a bit of trouble transitioning the middle at times. His footskills in particular would be nice for that.

More recent times last years consecutive losses, Suns Bombers,same time of year in the same manner as last week.Need to make a statement this week and follow it up next week or i'll be jumping the fence at Metricon.
It'd be good to put a face to the username...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back