Player Watch #7 Harry Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

xPfwLtlb.png

Harry Cunningham

Player Profile

Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games over the remainder of the season, so expect him to be hungry for a comeback 2020 year. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Harry Cunningham

DOB: 06 December 1993
DEBUT: 2012
DRAFT: 2012
RECRUITED FROM: Turvey Park (NSW)/NSW-ACT U18/Wagga (NSW)

Last edited:
Hes simply not good enough. He will be replaced by a Florent or Hayward etc and never get another look in.

This

Lets see hayward florent, even fox develop instead, cunninghams had a good run

Agree Harry C has been in form that I could not envisage. The handpass to FlatNote in the goal square for the goal was terrific. More importantly he has shown a willingness to put his head over the ball.

Quietly having his best season so far. He cops a lot of criticism but I've been loving his hardness at the ball this year and at times a piercing kick.

Always been a beautiful kick and should be encouraged to pull the trigger a lot more.

I have long been critical of Harry C. The little fellow (happily) is proving me wrong. Puts his head over the ball and is disposing of it well. His pace is vital for us.

I reckon he will cop plenty of votes in our b&f at years end and on current form will be in the running for most improved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive props to him. When’s the last time we could say he didn’t give his all? Would have to go back to last year for that. Our stars are struggling a bit but Horse has really gotten the best out of the lesser lites this year. Cunningham’s kicks are also genius because they seem like rushed snaps around the body until you watch replays and see he just has a great sense of placement and understanding how to kick to our advantage.

Massive props to him. When’s the last time we could say he didn’t give his all? Would have to go back to last year for that. Our stars are struggling a bit but Horse has really gotten the best out of the lesser lites this year. Cunningham’s kicks are also genius because they seem like rushed snaps around the body until you watch replays and see he just has a great sense of placement and understanding how to kick to our advantage.
Cunningham' kicking under pressure is 2nd to none. He would be the 1st bloke buddy & Hayward would buy coffee for each day

Loving Harry's season so far. I keep agreeing with King at the moment and his post above about him having a consistent role in the team has helped his game. I've been a fan since meeting him a few years ago, he's a great guy and very friendly to the fans off the field. Keep going Cunners!

He is another example of why we let the selectors, coaches & leaders pick the blokes on our list & in the playing 22 for any particular week.
We know absolutely f. . K all about how these guys are really going over all & how they may be managing an injury or form.I remember in 2017 this bloke was progressing nicely & then hurt his ankle/foot in front of where I was sitting against the Saints at Etihad. He came back on to try & run during the 3/4 time break but it was no good & he missed most of the season until the last round & finals but he would have lost all conditioning by then. He was unfairly criticised on here as are a few other players of ours.

Well done Harry. You are obviously trusted by you fellow players & coaches & that's all that matters.

in my defence i think he was worried about getting hurt too often in the past and made dumb decisions, but i should not have said squib as Ted said so I am sorry Harry if he ever for some reason read this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back