Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need to.......we have harbour cats instead. You know boats on deep clear harbour waters. You know like Melbourne has with the Yarra. Whoops sorry.........that was a cruel comparison to make .........

Aren't you now trying to refurbish the old tram tracks in parts of the city? When I came over for the flogging you gave us in last years final series it looked like a bit of work was going on in the city.

Aren't you now trying to refurbish the old tram tracks in parts of the city? When I came over for the flogging you gave us in last years final series it looked like a bit of work was going on in the city.

Yes - there is heaps of work going on in Sydney to restore a light rail network. I'm not sure the infrastructure of Sydney vs Melbourne is a main reason for people like Darcy wanting to come here.

From what i can gather Darcy may have some interest in moving to Sydney but it could be more of a ploy to bump up his deal at the Pies. It's hard to see how he can get to the Swans via a trade. A player like Lloyd would not work as he would want above average coin and we have plenty of similar types to him.
I think it would take a high draft pick and as they seem to have KP young star Blakey coming in and he may cost them their first, they would have to trade someone for a decent first-round pick. Just does not seem to work.
Swans' sense of entitlement of course makes their fans believe they will land Darcy for peanuts but this seems unlikely. He has not played sure, but Blind Freddy can see he has more upside than almost any young tall in the comp.

With respect BOTH remain racist

Does a joke referencing something racist automatically mean teller of said joke is racist though?
His joke was just AWFUL timing more than anything. In my opinion. And it seemed to play out that way ever since because it isn't something that has followed Eddie (the label of racist) all that closely. Aside from this conversation in this thread I haven't heard it come up in years.

Does a joke referencing something racist automatically mean teller of said joke is racist though?
His joke was just AWFUL timing more than anything. In my opinion. And it seemed to play out that way ever since because it isn't something that has followed Eddie (the label of racist) all that closely. Aside from this conversation in this thread I haven't heard it come up in years.

Ask Goodes or any other indigenous person if they view it as racist? Goodes had a racist slur levied at him by being compared to an ape. Racist. Eddie apologises for Collingwood and then makes a joke suggesting Goodes be recruited to promote King Kong ie because he thinks it's funny to liken an indigenous person to an ape. Are you seriously pushing an argument that's not racist?

Ask Goodes or any other indigenous person if they view it as racist? Goodes had a racist slur levied at him by being compared to an ape. Racist. Eddie apologises for Collingwood and then makes a joke suggesting Goodes be recruited to promote King Kong ie because he thinks it's funny to liken an indigenous person to an ape. Are you seriously pushing an argument that's not racist?

agreed. what Eddie said is indefensible. he's usually a master at reading the mood and responding accordingly but on this occasion he got it completely wrong. and he has admitted as much.

Even if it was, time to move on and get over it. Or maybe you need help?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i can gather Darcy may have some interest in moving to Sydney but it could be more of a ploy to bump up his deal at the Pies. It's hard to see how he can get to the Swans via a trade. A player like Lloyd would not work as he would want above average coin and we have plenty of similar types to him.
I think it would take a high draft pick and as they seem to have KP young star Blakey coming in and he may cost them their first, they would have to trade someone for a decent first-round pick. Just does not seem to work.
Swans' sense of entitlement of course makes their fans believe they will land Darcy for peanuts but this seems unlikely. He has not played sure, but Blind Freddy can see he has more upside than almost any young tall in the comp.

Personally I don't think the trade will happen. Moore was recruited as a hugely promising FS choice and that view of him hasn't changed despite the fact he's now 22 and averaging 1.2 goals per game and the promise hasn't realised as yet. Perhaps it will. Perhaps it won't. That is the problem though. At present it hasn't yet the Collingwood belief system is still historically sheeted in him being a future star without question. I wouldn't be trading huge value for him because it's potential not reality. That view is unpopular with Collingwood because there is an emotional investment in him from drafting onwards of being the future star.

This is the only part I never fully accepted. Again, not a fan of Eddie McGuire and not someone who would usually defend him. BUT, the two huge buzz words during those two weeks were 'Goodes' and 'Ape'. To suggest (intended to be in a humorous fashion but admittedly terribly timed), that a company providing a musical centred around a giant Ape should consider using the image of the one person most linked to that word in the entire country at that time makes disgusting sense.
He should have absolutely known better. I am not defending how stupid it was to say it. But if a comedian made the same joke we would be looking at it's underlying intentions a lot differently.

"I hope they have 15 first round draft picks to give for him"- Eddie Maguire Beginning trade negotiations via the footy show (I know, how ridiculously unprofessional). Listen mate, I don't even know why old Eddie bothers, we are going to get Moore for a piece of buddy franklins belly button lint. He is going to get upset, we are going to laugh, you are going to cry.... the end.

you'll pay his worth, don't worry about that

Well he's yours.
Just sign him. Why are you fretting?

you'll pay his worth, don't worry about that
From a neutral point of view his "worth" is a mid second rounder, has done bugger all as proved by the stats and injury prone.

Surely this is just pumping up his contract value by linking him with the Swans. I don't see how Moore fits into their side, they have KP both ends covered and don't have a lot of salary cap to play with.

Jake Lloyd is a very under rated player IMO, can't see the Swans would trade him anyway.

At years end it will be proved that the Sydney talk was just male bovine manure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back