Prediction Player Claim for 2018 - Adam Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

So do I - not holding out in hope much at this point though.

EDIT:

After catching the latest news I reckon you can draw a line through him for the year - not even being able to train for 8 weeks means he wont be back on the track until the first week of the finals and thus he will have zero match fitness even if we do go deep in the finals this year.

At best you'd get the hobbled Treloar we saw earlier in the season, only this version would have a solid chance of re-injuring himself.

With all the apparent doom and gloom I thought I'd throw a little sunshine back into proceedings with a memory from the past:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/collingwood-recruit-adam-treloar-reveals-why-he-chose-magpies-in-trade-period/news-story/86925e462ac06ea22005f891a6d202b2
There’s 9 rounds left.

Huge loss and challenge for the coach and team to cover for him. Very likely to cost us top 4 I'd say, i hope I"m wrong. But still should make finals.
One possibility would be to move Stephenson who has similar speed and brilliance into the midfield to cover his role, but that would be a big loss for forward line. Perhaps just split his time between the 2 and also hope Elliot comes back soon coz natural forwards don't grow on trees.

Because this is Collingwood.

Where hamstrings dog players for the remainder of their careers. This one is pretty serious. Our MO is to get him back before he's ready with poor medical treatment and preparation and get him doing it again.

I'd rather they just leave him for the year to make sure this doesn't happen again next year.
The Sun was out briefly today, did you see it?

Freeman hurt Treloar's hammies?

You get my point stop being a smarty pants.

Just because you think Treloar is replaceable...…...let the rest of us grieve in peace please.

There’s 9 rounds left.

He hasn't had surgery yet and wont until late this week - thus his recovery starts next week, which leave us with 8 rounds remaining in the season if I'm not mistaken.

Once again it's looking like 8-10 weeks before he can join training in any capacity, so quibbling about how many rounds there is left is moot.

You get my point stop being a smarty pants.

Just because you think Treloar is replaceable...…...let the rest of us grieve in peace please.
No I don't
Freeman's injury means nothing in relation to Treloar.

Do you think Treloar died?

Would you like some of my smarty pants, I think you could use some (I got plenty to spare)

No I don't
Freeman's injury means nothing in relation to Treloar.

Do you think Treloar died?

Would you like some of my smarty pants, I think you could use some (I got plenty to spare)

He hasn't died......you're correct...….but IMO doing some serious damage (like his hamstrings) deep into this season has now vanished.

He is that important to our Club...….I just hope the Club fixes his hamstrings and doesn't butcher them like that ex players picture I posted earlier.

Capiche now smarty pants?

Adam's injury is now done and dusted (unfortunately) - the players won't be going over it ad nauseum; neither should we.
Out Treloar - In Sier
Adam - best wishes for the speediest recovery possible
On to the next challenge
PS Suns not a pushover - no easy games remaining

Good luck to Treloar first of all, i am devastated but at the same time the guy has an unbelievable work ethic so i am still hoping for the best case scenario hopefully he could back by round 22 or 23.
The main thing he has done a full preseason which will help him, if we can take in consideration that Riolli just a few years back played a grand final with just half a reserves game i am quietly confident he will be back when the whips are cracking.
The x factor for me is Aish now if he can get at least 5 or 6 games before the finals, Elliot and Moore also and possibly if we get lucky with Sier.
Can any of you guys keep me up to speed with how Aish is going thanks?

Good luck to Treloar first of all, i am devastated but at the same time the guy has an unbelievable work ethic so i am still hoping for the best case scenario hopefully he could back by round 22 or 23.
The main thing he has done a full preseason which will help him, if we can take in consideration that Riolli just a few years back played a grand final with just half a reserves game i am quietly confident he will be back when the whips are cracking.
The x factor for me is Aish now if he can get at least 5 or 6 games before the finals, Elliot and Moore also and possibly if we get lucky with Sier.
Can any of you guys keep me up to speed with how Aish is going thanks?
Aish came out of the brace close to a month ago now, he's progressing well. They expect him back probably around the Round 20 mark.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because this is Collingwood.

Where hamstrings dog players for the remainder of their careers. This one is pretty serious. Our MO is to get him back before he's ready with poor medical treatment and preparation and get him doing it again.

I'd rather they just leave him for the year to make sure this doesn't happen again next year.

Agree. Too Important to just Risk Him.

Say Season Over and Hopefully be back to have a Full Pre-Season

Clutching at straws if you think Aish will
offer anything?

A lot of people said the same thing mate when last year i said Sharanberg could be a x factor for us, i think you might be pleasantly surprised if we can get him fit and on the paddock.

Get well Treloar enjoy the recovery hope you get to sit in coaches box
I reckon there is a good chance of that. He will be keen to contribute.

I don't know what makes me sadder, that or Treloars injury.
Italy have won 4 world cups

Let’s get Treloar to 4 flags for us :)

Silver lining

As others have mentioned

Option a
Murray hbf Maynard released
Option b
Reid in Murray in
Crisp released and howe wing
Option c
Seir in

Plenty of options

Next 2 games good opportunity to mix it up

Smash the dons

Think murrays gonna be important
I'd love to see Murray get a chance in the midfield. He is strong, brave and quick. His occasional errant kicking would not hurt us so much if he is a midfielder.

I'd love to see Murray get a chance in the midfield. He is strong, brave and quick. His occasional errant kicking would not hurt us so much if he is a midfielder.

Thinking outside the square I like it domus.....really looking forward to what our coaching panel come up with.

So far they haven’t disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back