Review Round 16, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Safe to say mood on Carlton board is a bit dire.

Fun moment for me was hearing a bloke behind me giving his Carlton fan mate one of those kindly but rather patronising and slightly smug talks about how his team has great kids and the future is bright. Carlton bloke knew it was all BS.

I'm just going to intrude and say a few things.

A) Beams is a gun.

B) Sucked in Carlton!

C) Enjoy:

pYQvqxU.gif

QgKj3e2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did a few silly things today but overall played a great game. You can see he is full of confidence and his work rate is elite at the moment. If he keeps this up he could become an A grade wingman.

Few moments he got fractionally ahead of himself but becoming a great footballer. Best 22 lock.

I'm flying home from Paris today and I would like some advice about which win I should look at first as both have been taped.

Freo or Carlton?

Which was the better win?
Tough one. Probably Freo because we were long odds for the win but demolished them from the start.

I put Walker and Hodge in my votes. Both were important in the first and second quarters when the game was A) up for grabs and B) when we pushed away. They may not have been as prominent in the second half but I feel like they got us on our way
Same. Walker was immense when the ball came his way and Hodge ..... well he just continues to be Hodge.

That shimmy by Hodge was pretty much worth the admission fee on its own :D

So who got reported?......gathered from the main board game thread we had a couple. Surely Rayner wasn't one?:eek:
Mcinerny. Can't remember who it was on but he tackled him, pushed him into the ground then it look like he caught him high with a forearm. Wasn't a lot in it so if he's lucky he might get a fine but probably a week I would imagine.

Last edited:
Gday Lions. Nice win today.

Smashing those filthy victorian scum was a thing of beauty.
It was like they thought they had a chance and missing Simpson mattered :D

Anyhoo our good mate pulpdriver has been a naughty boy but soon the wait is over and he will once again be free.

He sends his love to you all but is currently stewing in his own juices over todays glorious win :moustache:
You see not being able to join in is killing him inside...

So tag pulpdriver and let him know you're thinking of him in his time of need :D

pulpdriver this pic is for you mate. You splendid campaigner you :hearts:

downloadfile-16.jpg

I thought Witherden had his best game of the season. Career high 31 disposals. Provided a lot of run.

Whole backline got a heap of the footy
I had Witherden in my best five. We was a driver everytime we switched to the right wing, and some of his delivery was spot on. Great vision and great work rate.

Back