List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They would have no Idea how much money we have in the Salary Cap

Under the current TPP the 95-105% equates to + or - about $600k for every club every year. Its not a huge amount when you look at some of the contracts being bandied around and contract guestimates aren't really much of a basis on which to base these assumptions. If we're around that 95% then in theory we could go 105% next season which frees up $1.2m. Irrespective of what Wells is on in 2019, it'll be freed up in 2020 making it easier to return to the 100%. Mayne would also likely be gone after 2020 making other options possible. Add that a few others with 1 year extensions like Reid, Varcoe, possibly Goldsack and Dunn, could also then be gone.

Doubt they would go that way unless there was something more definitive on the heart condition.

If he's allowed to get to full training by trade period - then there is a case to give him another year on the main list - but I would expect that he probably won't be on the main list next year (as his 2yr draftee contract is up).

However, unless he is forced to retire, I would definitely be rookie-ing him. If he's healthy, he deserves that chance to show what he can do.

If he is forced to retire, hopefully there's a good insurance package in place for these situations, and hopefully the Pies can offer him some sort of position/training role that might give him some opportunities outside of playing (if he wants it).

Absolutely. And once again they'd be reluctant to believe that it was all above board.

(*stuffs Channel 9 annual report into Holden branded sack of $100 bills, hides said sack behind back under cape*)

I have no idea what you're talking about...

“Collingwood has no money” - Flogs.
Any deal can be back loaded to factor in TPP squeeze.
So if 2019 is tight...then structure the deal to pay more in years 2-3 to meet overal contract demands.
Plus we can offload 4-5 players end of this year...to create same room.

I'd really explore the idea of targeting Aliir Aliir.
He's athletic and isn't afraid to have the ball in his hands to create play either.

He would be a very nice fit down back in a hybrid mix between himself, Moore, Howe, Scharenberg and Crisp- all of whom are pretty comfortable in the air or at ground level.

So do we have Lynch yet?

Lynch and Moore sounds very nice bookends.

With Cox the biggest target.

Absolutely. And once again they'd be reluctant to believe that it was all above board.
But with the buffet for Balme, they might not get around to Lynch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd really explore the idea of targeting Aliir Aliir.
He's athletic and isn't afraid to have the ball in his hands to create play either.

He would be a very nice fit down back in a hybrid mix between himself, Moore, Howe, Scharenberg and Crisp- all of whom are pretty comfortable in the air or at ground level.
If Moore stays we don't need to go after Alir Alir. He's not that good.

If we can't land Lynch, then we still need a ready made KPF.... especially as we are not going to be able to draft one this year.

Weiderman kicked 4 on the weekend to go with the 6 he kicked a few weeks back. Has 19 in 7 VFL games this year.

He doesn't have a future at Melbourne. The pies should be making enquiries....

If we can't land Lynch, then we still need a ready made KPF.... especially as we are not going to be able to draft one this year.

Weiderman kicked 4 on the weekend to go with the 6 he kicked a few weeks back. Has 19 in 7 VFL games this year.

I’m all for getting a KPF but after many years of wasting time on players like White, I don’t see the point of picking up Weiderman. We need quality talls not ones that may come good in a few years.

He kicked 6 on a under maned solo VFL team, means jack s**t, plus has done absolute sweet F all for the rest of the season.

Weed shown nothing in the 1's

Under the current TPP the 95-105% equates to + or - about $600k for every club every year. Its not a huge amount when you look at some of the contracts being bandied around and contract guestimates aren't really much of a basis on which to base these assumptions. If we're around that 95% then in theory we could go 105% next season which frees up $1.2m. Irrespective of what Wells is on in 2019, it'll be freed up in 2020 making it easier to return to the 100%. Mayne would also likely be gone after 2020 making other options possible. Add that a few others with 1 year extensions like Reid, Varcoe, possibly Goldsack and Dunn, could also then be gone.
I think Reid, Goldy, and Dunn would be reasonably good value, not sure on Varcoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back