Banter It's nice to FINALLY get a home game against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s our ground actually. MCC are having a secret vote soon to rename the MCG to the RFG as they’ve realised the old name doesn’t make much sense.

So, in your secret vote, who on the MCC (a snobatorium full of decadent, bourgeois, wealthy, upper class Melbourne supporters) would vote to rename the 'G? I think a vote to give the G to the tiges would only be successful at some drunken vomit party in Burnley or at some inner city sticky carpet TAB Sportsbar. :D

It’s our ground actually. MCC are having a secret vote soon to rename the MCG to the RFG as they’ve realised the old name doesn’t make much sense.

In return, we will let the Dees play some of their home games at Punt Road Oval so they can have better crowd atmosphere when they play interstate teams and other minnow clubs.
I thought it was one of Geelongs home grounds given the keep playing home games there.

'It's nice to FINALLY get a home game against Geelong' ?

Which Richmond away games are you referring to?

The "Geelong home game" at the 'G earlier this year with the ground being filled with 70% of Richmond supporters? or the other "Geelong home game" in last year's Finals with the 'G being brimmed with close to 80% of Richmond supporters!?

Richmond supporters are fast becoming delusional like Hawthorn supporters.
Your ground has unusual dimensions ,it's long and thin, and Geelong players train on it. It would be like Richmond turning Punt Road oval into a strange shape , and not letting any opposition supporters in to watch.Every other Victorian team has to play home games at Docklands and the G, but Geelong get special treatment because the ford factory closed down.

Geelong's home ground advantage gets them enough wins to make the finals, but then they bomb out because they're not good enough.I think they've won only 3 of last 13 finals.They don't deserve to get in like that, it's embarassing.

Your ground has unusual dimensions ,it's long and thin, and Geelong players train on it. It would be like Richmond turning Punt Road oval into a strange shape , and not letting any opposition supporters in to watch.Every other Victorian team has to play home games at Docklands and the G, but Geelong get special treatment because the ford factory closed down.
I'm not sure if you realise this but those other Victorian teams are suburbs of Melbourne and Geelong is not. Therefore it would be ridiculous if Geelong played all their home games at Docklands and the G.

I'm not sure if you realise this but those other Victorian teams are suburbs of Melbourne and Geelong is not. Therefore it would be ridiculous if Geelong played all their home games at Docklands and the G.
Granted, in the days of horse and cart, it was a good 3 hour journey, but these days it's about 45mins in a modern car.Probably takes the same time as coming from Dandenong to Richmònd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, in your secret vote, who on the MCC (a snobatorium full of decadent, bourgeois, wealthy, upper class Melbourne supporters) would vote to rename the 'G? I think a vote to give the G to the tiges would only be successful at some drunken vomit party in Burnley or at some inner city sticky carpet TAB Sportsbar. :D
It’ll still be called the ‘G.
And the proportion of MCC members who support Melbourne is in rapid decline, now less than 15% of the group.

as someone who travels from dandy to the g
and dandy to geelong
i call bullshit on that one
Well dandy to geelong not relevant unless you made a mistake. On a Saturday morning, Dandy to the G would be similar to Geelong to G because of the traffic.

Well dandy to geelong not relevant unless you made a mistake. On a Saturday morning, Dandy to the G would be similar to Geelong to G because of the traffic.
bullshit
dandy to the g can be as little as 30 minutes
geelong to the g would be double at least.

dandy to the g 32k's
geelong to the g 70k's

takes the same time you reckon?

relevant because on the way home from geelong, you pass the mcg..... doesn't take einstein to work out how long the drive took

'It's nice to FINALLY get a home game against Geelong' ?

Which Richmond away games are you referring to?

The "Geelong home game" at the 'G earlier this year with the ground being filled with 70% of Richmond supporters? or the other "Geelong home game" in last year's Finals with the 'G being brimmed with close to 80% of Richmond supporters!?

Richmond supporters are fast becoming delusional like Hawthorn supporters.

80% Richmond supporters at the Qualifying Final? Lol. Try a minimum 90%. The boos were delicious, hopefully the cats supporters won't be too frightened again and the Tige supporters will try not to scare you too much and keep that boos at a minimum.

We had at least 25k there. The weather and timeslot were crap. Rained for 2 hours pregame. If it was on the Sunny Saturday, we would have got 70k crowd.

Typical of a club that has 'fair-weather' supporters. Funny that you had 65-70K for years and now that you finally managed to scrap one premiership after 30 odd years, all the sheep are signing up in droves. Amazing how quick you go from 'Ninth-mond' and not being able to win a final (even against Carlton who didn't even technically make the 8) to 'oh we're unbeatable and we don't lose finals.'

Can't wait to hear them crying again.

Last time they complained they had injuries and the next time they played us, they'll beat us.

Let's see what their excuses are after the game.

You beat us in a team last time that had no Henderson, no Scott Selwood, no Menzel, Cam Guthrie, Taylor or even Ratugolea. Who were you missing from your best 22? Prestia and Houli?

Geelong's home ground advantage gets them enough wins to make the finals, but then they bomb out because they're not good enough.I think they've won only 3 of last 13 finals.They don't deserve to get in like that, it's embarassing.

Amusing that in every game you've played away from home this year, you've capitulated. Our home ground advantage is just the same as yours, except everyone else has to play on yours. The 'G's dimensions are far wider than most grounds and they advantage teams who know how to play it. West Coast and their improved performance this year due to Optus Stadium more closely reflecting the MCG than Subiaco Oval, a prime example. Clearly you can't play away from home either, so maybe you should shelve all that 'home ground advantage' talk, when you've shown how exposed you are without yours.
Scats fans....so ******* gutless.

They're in their preview thread bitching about our preview thread and our banter thread, but don't have the balls to do it in here.

They really are weak, pathetic, entitled little bitches.

Just like you weak, pathetic, entitled little bitches who have a big sook when you have to play a game at our 'actual' home ground instead of yours. Who act superior even though they've won one flag since the VFL transitioned to the AFL, and they think that they are a dynasty without rival. Tell me again how you're a powerhouse and you can't even beat Carlton in a final? How you couldn't even make it past an elimination final in the 3 finals series' from 2013-2015? How last year your whole board was in disarray, your coach was about to be fired and your supporters were jumping ship and swimming for the shore? Oh but you won a Grand Final and played every game at the 'G so therefore you're now unbeatable and the 'best' team. Spare me.

This 'banter' thread is nothing more than a delusional space for your supporters who have poor memories, small dicks and a low IQ. Talk to me when you have the highest winning percentage since the VFL became the AFL, and you have no wooden spoons. Do you know how many you guys have? 3. Do you know how many finals you've won in the past 18 years since the Top 8 system was established? 3. All last year. That's it. Every other time you made finals, you lost. Your claim to fame is based on 1 month of decent football and a half-decent year this year based on home ground advantage. Don't get me wrong, I like Richmond, but some of their supporters like you guys are just deluded.

Last edited:
This 'banter' thread is nothing more than a delusional space for supporters with poor memories, small dicks and a low IQ. Talk to me when you have the highest winning percentage since the VFL became the AFL, and you have no wooden spoons. Do you know how many you guys have? 3. Do you know how many finals you've won in the past 18 years since the Top 8 system was established? 3. All last year. That's it. Every other time you made finals, you lost. Your claim to fame is based on 1 month of decent football and a half-decent year this year based on home ground advantage. Don't get me wrong, I like Richmond, but some of their supporters like you guys are just deluded.

Epic rant with a classic, accidental self-referential put-down.

More, please! :thumbsu:

Epic rant with a classic, accidental self-referential put-down.

More, please! :thumbsu:
Given that it was a thread created on a Richmond page with 95% Richmond responses by a Richmond mod, I'm gonna say that's a bit of a stretch. But for good measure, I've clarified just in case there's some of you that can't read between the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back