Best Richmond game you've ever attended. (Excluding finals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, ok, the other thread was like opening pandora's box. Stuff of nightmares

Best personal game you've ever attended? I have a few but living in Perth this one I cherish:

View attachment 1881841

Richo kicked 6 and we beat the Eagles in Perth for the 1st time.
A few that come to mind over the years:

• 1994 games vs Dees and Dogs during our 6 game winning streak - First time I'd been to Richmond games with decent crowds (in those days) that we'd won!
  • 1996 games vs Saints and Crows (no idea why - just fond memories). Daffy doing his stuff.
  • JR's 10 vs WCE in 2010
  • The comeback against the Swans a couple of weeks later - small crowd but great fight and one of the first steps of 'new' Richmond.
  • A game against Carlton in 1998 where we conceded the first 4 goals and then smashed them - think Plapp went nuts.
  • The comeback from 51 against Hawks in 03 - a few mates sent some texts way too early :)
  • Richo's 200th vs Port at Marvel in 2005. We were so flat for 40 mins and then just clicked and smacked the reigning premiers. A week or 2 later we smacked Carlton as well by 80+ and that was delightful as they only kicked a goal late in the third from memory.
  • The 2012 game vs Saints at Marvel - cracking game and place was jumping
  • 2015 game vs the Dorks. Lids kicked 4 and for a moment I believed we were legitimately good.
  • Pretty much any game I went to in 2018-2019. It was such a wierd feeling going to games actually expecting to win rather than hoping to win. WCE and Lions game late in 2019 were fantastic

So many more but I'm off to watch some replays!

Any of the MCG Finals wins except 2017 GF as wasn’t there and 2018 QF as that was completely meh.
Can’t you *en read he said not including finals campaigner

Can’t you *en read he said not including finals campaigner
Just read best didn’t bother with the rest tbh

I’ll go the 2 x wins over Hawks in their dynasty.
Andy Collins KO game.
Eagles 2017
Any of the 2018 demolitions.
Killing Fitzroy off. Was only a kid and belting another side was unheard of 🤣

Dimma’s first win as coach. Pouring rain at AO against Port. We were 0-8 I think?
Won a slab of VB from an over confident Port supporter at work! We were due for a win and I could not stand the port supporter's smug over confidence...so I took the bet! All the more sweeter win cos he was one of my superiors at work!
The rest is history they say!

Last edited:
Easter Monday - round 3 verses Essendon
Crowd was 90,534
Warm afternoon at the G - about 28 degrees maybe…

Close high scoring game to 3qtr time - Tigers led:
15.18 - 108 to 14.13 - 97
Then we put on the afterburners in the 4th kicking 10 goals 4 to 2 goals 1.

Tigers win by 62

BOG was Rob Wiley with 33 disposals and 7 goals straight.
KB not far behind with 16 disposals and 4 goals 3
Others to dominate - Geoff Raines, Barry Rowlings and Flea Dale Weightman - all touched it 27 times.

Others to feature were Rioli senior, Disco Roach, Ghost Jimmy Jess, Scotch and Cloke, Merv mustard Keane, Micky Malthouse, BT Brian Taylor and Bryan Wood.

Was a brilliant afternoon at the footy and boy, were the Tigers a brilliant side that season.
Stacked full of talent on every line.

Later that year in Sept. D’Amico and her unkempt muff stuffed what would have been a legendary season….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd was 90,534

Tigers win by 62

Others to dominate - Geoff Raines, Barry Rowlings and Flea Dale Weightman - all touched it 27 times.

Others to feature were Rioli senior, Disco Roach, Ghost Jimmy Jess, Scotch and Cloke, Merv mustard Keane, Micky Malthouse, BT Brian Taylor and Bryan Wood.

Was a brilliant afternoon at the footy and boy, were the Tigers a brilliant side that year.

Later that year in Sept. D’Amico and her unkempt muff stuffed what would have been a legendary season….
I was at that Bomber 1982 game in the cheer squad upper deck.
Last quarter was incredible.

1982 I remember we flogged the Saints and Dees or was it the other way round by 100 point margins or close too in consecutive games(memory going on me)

Easily the best team that year and the cheats from Carlton won the flag which haunted me for decades.

Last edited:
was there 3 rows below the scoreboard

thanks for the evocative post, brought back memories, was a truly golden day in a simpler time

was also there at the end

the damico curse

Crowd was 90,534

Tigers win by 62

Was a brilliant afternoon at the footy and boy, were the Tigers a brilliant side that season.

my memory is stuffed

but i remember the best was standing on stacked tinnies in standing room as a kid at any ground with my dad

He said the best atmosphere at the footy is standing room son

he was right too

i remember all the diehard tigers, they'd keep an eye on me when dad went to get hotdogs

hard but fair, foulmouthed and honest men roll a f** in one hand while screaming at the umps not even looking at their task and out would come this perfect smoke

the concrete ceiling compressing the snarls and roars, the smells of beer and tobacco tattooed in the air

was a tribal thing for a wee lad

Vs Sydney at Etihad 2018, it was a moment for me thinking * we really are good, Sydney had always been good and looked like they were going to find some way to win it, Franklin kicked the first goal of the last quarter but we ran over the top of them, heaps of biffo in the game and banter in the crowd on the standing room wing, also Vlas took a hanger over buddy, new sherrif in town moment for me

2003 comeback win over the Hawks.
Down by about 50 in the 2nd Q and stormed back in the 3rd. Very Premiershipmondy style ahead of its time!

2003 comeback win over the Hawks.
Down by about 50 in the 2nd Q and stormed back in the 3rd. Very Premiershipmondy style ahead of its time!

Was there...you could sense something was happening...late in the 2nd Q...nearly went home...stayed cos of the of the possible embarrassment of leaving in front of all the crowing Hawk supporters! Boy didn't they go quiet after half time!

It wasn’t the best game but it was the best example of why I love Richmond.
It was the last game of the year between Richmond and Essendon after their drug bans. There was an announcement at three quarter time asking the Don’s supporters to stay after the game so that the Essendon players could show their appreciation for the support throughout the year. Well, Richmond won easily and the Essendon “supporters “ f’d off. The Essendon players ended up doing a lap of the MCG with mainly Richmond supporters on the fence showing their support. Even the Richmond cheer squad showed the Essendon players respect.
It annoys me to hear the Essendon supporters still trying to defend their club for failing to do even the most basic audit of their own supplements program yet when they were asked to show support for their own players who were the real victims they just went home.
Why would you support any other club but the mighty Tigers.

Round 22 2019 v West Coast.

Last 2 premiership winners going head to head both sitting inside the top 4 and could have been a preview to the 2019 Grand Final, had the Eagles not choked the following week and cost themselves a top 4 spot.

Eagles got the early jump but slowly we pegged them back as the conditions started to favor us and out style of play. The Eagles however wouldn't be denied and it took a moment of Riewoldt magic to ensure the win for us, which locked us into the top 4.

There are others that were just as good, especially in the early-mid 80s like rounds 3 & 5 1985, round 16 1980, but the memories of those games aren't as clear as the Eagles game.

Saw a game, forgotten the year, 1995 possibly but we played the Eagles at Princess Park or Optus Oval, whatever that s**t hole is called. Yes that was our home ground for some games ffs.
The Eagles were damn good and we beat them comfortably.
Mark Neeld, yes that Mark Neeld took Guy Mckenna out of the game, N Bower destroyed P Matera.
Happy days.

Crowd was 90,534

Tigers win by 62

Yeah that 1982 game was Awsome we were trying to get of the Car park and two cars in front of us was a bongo van , rolled back into the car in front of us , the passenger got out of the van and started abusing the girl drivee of they car they hit, when two gorillas got out of the car that was hit and I’ve never seen someone run so fast , meanwhile in our car old Arthur was saying we will fight them won’t you mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back