Best Richmond game you've ever attended. (Excluding finals)

Remove this Banner Ad

THIS !!! 2010 -round 10 / the old footy park
the rain that day was beyond any normal rain.. it belted down and the game was water logged
a crew of 100 or so hardcore richmond fans behind the goal, braved the rain and cheered like crazy
was also Griff's first game
it was a pt.adel celebration day -to commerate some useless event - and we busted up there day on there own field !!
I went over for that one too. What a day. Definitely one of the wettest games in modern times. I was pretty pissed by the end of the game and me and one other tigers fan belted out the song in a packed urinal full of port supporters. Amazed we didn’t get lynched.

I went over for that one too. What a day. Definitely one of the wettest games in modern times. I was pretty pissed by the end of the game and me and one other tigers fan belted out the song in a packed urinal full of port supporters. Amazed we didn’t get lynched.
funnily enough, even tho they are feral as *, Port supporters are pretty good TBH

The last 2 in 2019 v wc and lions were finals like with big crowds. There was a obscure game v saints at marvel was a pulsating shootout , Adam Maric rundown on Goddard , was a dead set thriller
oh and that phenomenal run in 2014 winning 9 in a row to make finals , they were right up there , especially the last one v swans top of ladder if you dont mind ,that'll prob do
Living in Sydney I got to see that Swans game. Dusty winning a 1 on 1 with a couple of minutes to spare streaming down the ground to kick the sealer was just fantastic. Funnily enough the Swans supporters were all cool with it as they had top spot sown up anyway.

Have a slice of Pizza
Ice T No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Rd 3 1995, we actually beat the Hawks and kicked less goals.
Was the worst day I have spent at Waverley weather wise.
Richo kicked a couple, Chief Gale might have kicked a few as well.
That's it. Hideous weather, I think there were 30,000 there, and you couldn't see any of them because we were all huddled up under the (tiny) roof that ran along the last couple of rows in the outer. We were rubbish then, the Hawks were still regarded as a champion team (they weren't, but it still felt like they were). Some Hawk fans were yelling at Dunstall during the warm up 'Just another lazy 17 today, Jase!'. Fair enough, too.
If you were a Hawk fan, it would have been the worst day imagineable - terrible weather and lost a close one (scores were so low, there was nothing in it all day). For Tiger fans it was bliss.

Ok, ok, the other thread was like opening pandora's box. Stuff of nightmares

Best personal game you've ever attended? I have a few but living in Perth this one I cherish:

View attachment 1881841

Richo kicked 6 and we beat the Eagles in Perth for the 1st time.
This is going back a while but Tigers fans were in dreamland on this night

First time we beat West Coast in ten years at Princes Park.
Only 17k attended but the commentator said it sounded like 70k in the match replay.
I took my cuz along for this game,made him wear some Tiger apparel.
I bought seats lol.
My little section was empty.
Was a fantastic day,my memory is blurred now.
P.S. that North game was awesome.
Was in the Northern stand outer in the trad Richmond section for that game.

When I remember well, although I wasn't there, was the 95 draw with Essendon
My band mates dragged me out of the G as we had a gig on.
They knew how one eyed Richmond I was and were scared the gig would be jeapordised.
I had to leave after Maxy's goal and heard a roar in the carpark,that was the goal that levelled it for the Bombers.
Spew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it. Hideous weather, I think there were 30,000 there, and you couldn't see any of them because we were all huddled up under the (tiny) roof that ran along the last couple of rows in the outer. We were rubbish then, the Hawks were still regarded as a champion team (they weren't, but it still felt like they were). Some Hawk fans were yelling at Dunstall during the warm up 'Just another lazy 17 today, Jase!'. Fair enough, too.
If you were a Hawk fan, it would have been the worst day imagineable - terrible weather and lost a close one (scores were so low, there was nothing in it all day). For Tiger fans it was bliss.
Pretty sure this was the first game I ever went to.

this one is weird but the 1993 ansett cup - not sure if you can classify a preseason grand final as a final but there was 75k at Waverly Park and in a losing effort against Essendon but i came away from that game as a richmond fan for life. Gavin Wanganeen broke onto the scene in that game also - looked like a future mega star. Crowd atmosphere was huge!

Saw a game, forgotten the year, 1995 possibly but we played the Eagles at Princess Park or Optus Oval, whatever that s**t hole is called. Yes that was our home ground for some games ffs.
The Eagles were damn good and we beat them comfortably.
Mark Neeld, yes that Mark Neeld took Guy Mckenna out of the game, N Bower destroyed P Matera.
Happy days.
Paul Broderick had it on a string iirc?
I was 12 and my dad and I went to princes Park and it was a lockout, we had to go home and listen on the radio.

this one is weird but the 1993 ansett cup - not sure if you can classify a preseason grand final as a final but there was 75k at Waverly Park and in a losing effort against Essendon but i came away from that game as a richmond fan for life. Gavin Wanganeen broke onto the scene in that game also - looked like a future mega star. Crowd atmosphere was huge!
Was there. One of the best days of my life for a multitude of reasons. Being part of that crowd was amazing. Another 20,000 turned away at the gates too.

Dimma’s first win as coach. Pouring rain at AO against Port. We were 0-8 I think?
Were you there? I was at that one. In the 3rd quarter, I think, there was a rainbow with one of its ends right in the goal mouth we were kicking to.
Made this thread about it:

funnily enough, even tho they are feral as *, Port supporters are pretty good TBH

Their supporters were good that day. I remember after the game being congratulated by quite a few. Everyone felt sorry for us in those days. It was predicted by some commentators (not looking at anyone Dermott) that we wouldn't win a game for 2 years. We seemed to be everyone's second team.That's all changed now.
In fact I wrote this in a PM in Feb 2013:
30 years of frustration, But I feel the tide turning
They'll all hate us more than they've ever hated any other club.
You'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back