Best Richmond game you've ever attended. (Excluding finals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read best didn’t bother with the rest tbh

I’ll go the 2 x wins over Hawks in their dynasty.
Andy Collins KO game.
Eagles 2017
Any of the 2018 demolitions.
Killing Fitzroy off. Was only a kid and belting another side was unheard of 🤣

+1 for the Andy Collins KO game. We had no right to win that game. Had 10+ NSW relos at the game with me converted every one of them to AFL/Tigers supporters.

Other than that 2017 finals campaign is hard for me to pass up. Rick kicking 10 at the G was pretty good

my memory is stuffed

but i remember the best was standing on stacked tinnies in standing room as a kid at any ground with my dad

He said the best atmosphere at the footy is standing room son

he was right too

i remember all the diehard tigers, they'd keep an eye on me when dad went to get hotdogs

hard but fair, foulmouthed and honest men roll a f** in one hand while screaming at the umps not even looking at their task and out would come this perfect smoke

the concrete ceiling compressing the snarls and roars, the smells of beer and tobacco tattooed in the air

was a tribal thing for a wee lad
Sounds like heaven.

As easy beats in the 90's, we put Carlton out of the finals in the last round by beating them at their Princess Park.
My mate hanging out the window of the car after the game giving it to the Carlton supporters was to be remembered. 'See you next year'. $2 cans from the bar behind the stand fuelled the bravado. Our Carlton supporter mate, locked safely in the boot.

1988 over Carlton in round 12 complete with thre egoals from Chris Pym and a Peter Wilson cartwheel.

1995 over Hawthorn in round three at Waverley by six points, with Chris Bond starring. Our first win over the Hawks from something like our last 20 attempts.

1977 in round two by one point over Hawthorn. Jimmy Jess taking a late screamer up forward and converting his third goal to give us a match-winning one point lead with just a few seconds to play.

* Not a win, but 2007 Dreamtime against Essendon, when Richo, playing with a broken eye socket and broken nose, booted four and took 11 marks (and was robbed of a potential match winner) under duress. Super-human.

2019 round 22 against the eagles.

Eagles were in front early and motoring to top four with the expectation of back to back. Then the rain came and we played a fantastic second half. Eagles threw everything at us and got level with two minutes to go. But we didn't give up. Got back in front and basically the Eagles never came back.

We broke them and then hurt Brisbane twice in the following weeks.

Adelaide, Geelong, Collingwood and Brisbane all get talked about as the great teams from that five year block. I always thought the eagles were the best of our challenges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last 2 in 2019 v wc and lions were finals like with big crowds. There was a obscure game v saints at marvel was a pulsating shootout , Adam Maric rundown on Goddard , was a dead set thriller
oh and that phenomenal run in 2014 winning 9 in a row to make finals , they were right up there , especially the last one v swans top of ladder if you dont mind ,that'll prob do

Pre season game way back in 1992 at Waverley Park and i think it was against the bears and it was a very close game that went into extra time if i recall to get a result.

Round 4 2019 at Adelaide oval against port was pretty special. Big names missing out the side and backs were right against the wall. I’d had a massive blowup that week with the missus too so was a nice way to let off some steam
You celebrate with 4 bacon deluxe after?

Dimma’s first win as coach. Pouring rain at AO against Port. We were 0-8 I think?
THIS !!! 2010 -round 10 / the old footy park
the rain that day was beyond any normal rain.. it belted down and the game was water logged
a crew of 100 or so hardcore richmond fans behind the goal, braved the rain and cheered like crazy
was also Griff's first game
it was a pt.adel celebration day -to commerate some useless event - and we busted up there day on there own field !!

1704667208667.png

2009 was as low as i'd felt as a tigs supporter. Another year built up for the biggest let down i'd experienced at that stage.
we come up against a half decent Essendon side and Jack has a breakout game kicking 6 snags in a tight win. bit of light at the end of the tunnel all of a sudden.

Ok, ok, the other thread was like opening pandora's box. Stuff of nightmares

Best personal game you've ever attended? I have a few but living in Perth this one I cherish:

View attachment 1881841

Richo kicked 6 and we beat the Eagles in Perth for the 1st time.
I was at this game... AMAZING... wiped the smile off those smug campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back