Worst Richmond game you've ever attended.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach_Required

Premium Platinum
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
I know I could be more positive, but where's the fun in that? :tearsofjoy:

I might not have been to as many games as most of you lot, but here's 2 games I'd love to forget:

1704342153699.png

This one for me sticks out, living in Sydney at the time as a 12 year old and watching us get murdered by the swans in the Capper days, will haunt me for ever.
What's even sadder, I was happy we stopped them from scoring 200 points against us. LOL

This one for obvious reasons

1704342349078.png

I know it was only 20 points but gutted was an understatement.

Mine are mainly personal, not all time awful defeats.

2005 round 1, new coach plenty of excitement coming into the season. Richo, Brown, Troy Simmonds debuting, plus new no.1 pick Deledio! The Cats blow us away in Ottens first game for them we lose by 62 points.

Round 5 2005 ANZAC eve we played the Saints under the roof at Marvel. I remember playing footy earlier in the day, then racing over to the ground with my old man it was super exciting! Since the round one loss, we had won three-in-a-row and hit this game in form, so plenty of excitement bouncing into the old Telstra Dome......Only to be blown away by the Saints and lose by 68 points.

Later that year I would fracture my wrist and miss the rest of my first season of playing footy for a club. Which probably cost me a promising AFL career, as to that point in the season I had been the stand-out divi4 U12 back-pocket of the competition.

Special mention to the 2013 Elimination final(thanks for the reminder OP), losing to the Blues especially after we had played so well for 2.5 quarters was horrific.

I vaguely recall an horrific day back in the 80's or 90's I'm at the Richmond V Collingwood game with some Magpie mates and the Tigers are 50 points up at half time, I'm partying hard only to watch us throw away the lead and lose the game, it took weeks too live that one down.

Season
1704346876747.png
Nightmare stuff when you’re trying to get your kids into the Tigs.

Final
1704346914498.png
That was also the loudest game I’d been to.
Until this:

Last edited:
Carlton elimination final in 2013 was an absolute kick in the guts. We played worse in the same fixture against North Melbourne a couple of years later. Those three close losses in 2017 made me want to chuck it in (particularly the GWS one). Being down 14 goals to one against the Saints that year was pretty miserable. Last year at Marvel Stadium against the Gold Coast was about as horrid as we've played in recent years. I could go on.....

I vaguely recall an horrific day back in the 80's or 90's I'm at the Richmond V Collingwood game with some Magpie mates and the Tigers are 50 points up at half time, I'm partying hard only to watch us throw away the lead and lose the game, it took weeks too live that one down.
Here you go ... 1987, round 4.

Mind you, we led West Coast in round one by 33 at 3/4 time and lost by 14, conceding nine goals to one in the final quarter.
Round three amazing win over Essendon in Wallace's first game in black and yellow.
Round four, 39 points up on the Pies at 3/4 time, lost by 10.
Round five, led Sydney by 26 points at 3/4 time, lost by 20. Infamous footage of Tony Jewell tearing his hair out in the coaches box.
We folded at 3/4 time three times in five weeks.

Recently, GC game at Marvel last year, had just recovered from a bout of covid and this game was the first time I had been out of the house for two weeks. Was not worth it.

Then the 2021 game vs Saints. Could see in the warm up we were off, missed so many simple targets under no pressure. Awful game to watch.

And 2018 prelim lol

Here you go ... 1987, round 4.

Mind you, we led West Coast in round one by 33 at 3/4 time and lost by 14, conceding nine goals to one in the final quarter.
Round three amazing win over Essendon in Wallace's first game in black and yellow.
Round four, 39 points up on the Pies at 3/4 time, lost by 10.
Round five, led Sydney by 26 points at 3/4 time, lost by 20. Infamous footage of Tony Jewell tearing his hair out in the coaches box.
We folded at 3/4 time three times in five weeks.

Nice find, I might just skip watching the replay though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the whole thing out. Wish I left at half time. Remember Dunstall and Ablett tearing us one but that game was one that nearly ended me
You're a better man than me. Back then we had a standing rule we could leave when it got to 100 points, so left at half time. We were parked in at the s**t dome though so went to a local and watched it on the TV while drinking much more reasonably priced (and full strength) beer.

I remember a game at the MCG v Crows think it was round 1, Modra tore us a new one.
I remember watching a lot of them at Footy Park and the ball only came out of their forward line when the boundary umps brought it back after a goal 🤣

The one where Geelong absolutely smashed us about 15 years ago
We've had some absolute thrashings against Geelong in our dark years. Think that's why their fans are so salty when we beat them in finals over recent years. We were their bunnies for many a year they couldn't handle it when the tables turned.

View attachment 1881804

This one is glued in my brain. 100 at half time 🤣
Was that the infamous Robert Walls game? I remember being on the phone to my mate at 3qtr time and he was saying at least thats over .. and i said ummm no it isn't there's still a quarter to go. :tearsofjoy:

I was there. It was so bad. I still have nightmares.

Crows fans throwing empty beer cups at me and my Tiger mate every time they scored a goal.

Dear god the horror.
What a bunch of campaigners, shame you couldn't predict the future and throw 2017 in their faces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back