Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to See Macca in good form again , And Higgins is just getting better every gamer , out of menadue, Lloyd, Baker , towna I think Lloyd is most worthy of getting another game based on tonight’s game, our a graders stood up tho , houli broad Prestia graham butler conca all still to return, it’s very overwhelming to think about how things have changed finally I can be cocky bout my team !
Townsend ineffectual also

First thing for mostly great win with boys out 5 of them walk into our side don't underestimate that super effort by the team.Alot of people weren't confident,but we a so well prepared now and everybody is fighting for a place.

Scoreboard was flattering for cats not because they played well but we dropped intensity and made mistakes and got to cute at times and could of cost us to.Can't have those drop offs.

Mighty win by the club tho.We just look like a team that is all in together.

We had 22 more inside 50s and should have killed them on the scoreboard but their defence did not wilt under pressure.
Anyway, Damien refers to four week blocks and the next four weeks, including a rest, should be a piece of cake after recent gruelling matches.
Meanwhile, Geelong is playing to stay in the eight next week in a bitter rivalry with Hawthorn.

Last edited:
To be fair, Cats were brave.

To be fair, we should have iced this game much earlier. Nank brain fade in goal square and a miss, jack miss in the last from a pretty easy snap, 53 inside 50s to 26 at one stage. We kept them in the game and they threw absolutely everything they could at us. Very happy with the right result to give us a bit of a wake up.

I feel for Sammy Lloyd listening to his interview with BT, he knows he's fringe and living week to week. Deserves a couple weeks in the 1s to find his feet at the level again, specially against gold Coast. For me, butler is in a race against time, Lloyd is probably the next best fit.

No way Butler any day of the week to much class in him and pressure.I'm hoping he is fit soon.

Well glad we got out of jail there, they had all the run in the last 10 minutes.
I was at the game and in the middle of the second qtr I said to my mate that we had the ascendancy but needed to score while we did. We could have put the game on ice and gone 5-6 goals up at halftime and it’s just about over but we let them hang in there.
The umpiring was shocking tonight, sooo inconsistent, we couldn’t buy a holding the ball decision and Geelong continually allowed to throw and drop the ball all night. Selwood with his standard 3 undeserved frees a game.
Good- Lambert, Nank, our whole backline. Love Cotchin lifting in key moments.
Menadue, Townsend and Lloyd definitely didn’t show anything tonight to demand a best 22 spot once we get players back from injury.
Higgins continues to impress- great seeing him get some touches up the ground and not just as a goal sneak.
We will be a much better side with both Prestia and Graham back, really missing a big bodied tackling mid at the minute.
We will drop one at the G sooner or later but I’m glad it wasn’t to that sooky entitled pretension mob.
Top 2 pretty much in the bag
Go Tigers

I've got my tickets to Geelong vs Hawthorn next week. For the first time in my life, I'll be cheering for Hawthorn without a passion.

Chris Scott's complete lack of respect for Richmond is an embarrassment. That press conference isn't going to age well. It may be worse than his "mission accomplished" statement a few years back.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Complete tool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wrote before the match Kelly is a dangerous player.
He has not committed to re-signing with Geelong and would be worth say $700K judging by tonight's performance.
36 disposals, 16 pressure acts, 669 metres gained, 16 contested possessions.
WC and Freo have both made overtures, family ties might prove too strong, and he might return to WA.
It is interesting because he has played some years in WA, he is 24.
He was 24th in the 2017 draft and has played every match this year.

Last edited:
All the sooking about Ablett's miss.

No mention of Caddy missing the easy set shot. Or Riewoldt missing the snap he kicks 99 times out of 100. Or Castagna's easy snap over the shoulder he didn't register a score with. We stuffed more chances in the last then they did. They didn't deserve to win.

The conditions made us ripe for the picking. Wet slippery conditions, 5 premiership players out, umps gifting soft goals to Hawkins and co and the reliance on Lloyd, Menadue (just plain awful) and Baker. We still managed to win. Come finals time when only the best umpires get selected, watch out when our successful tackles actually get rewarded. The umpiring talent pool has never been thinner.

Chris Scott's presser is incredible watching. Who would have thought that a team is beatable!!!??? *gasp*

To have their stars to get so many touches and so fewer inside 50s shows how ineffective they are in comparison to our play.

Baker out Prestia in and maybe give Naish a debut for Menadue if he stars in the VFL again

Back