Opinion 2018 Non-Crows Discussion - Part 3: Everybody Hurts by R.E.M is our new club theme song

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanders thought you might be interested in this piece:

4. Teenage Hawk should be a draft case study
Former Geelong Falcons co-captain James Worpel was always going to be drafted last year, but had to wait until pick 45 to hear his name called out. The 19-year-old Hawk, of course, didn't care about the number, given his AFL dream was realised. But watching Worpel's past month of football and the way he repeatedly stands up in big moments makes you wonder how so many clubs overlooked him. Worpel's at-times questionable decision-making was the knock on him, but possibly too much stock was placed in that and not enough on his courage, leadership, physical gifts, AFL readiness and ability to improve. Too often we are more concerned with weaknesses than strengths. Worpel earned himself an instant fan in Joel Selwood in a special third-quarter moment on Saturday. The teenager charged at the loose Sherrin from the opposite direction to Selwood, pinched it from under the Cats captain's nose, spun out of traffic and dished a left-handed handball that eventually set up a Jack Gunston goal. Worpel's emergence is a timely reminder for recruiters ahead of November's draft. – Marc McGowan

*Understandable why the Crows were looking at him for pick 12.

Cute that you’re trying so hard to rescue your credibility

They weren’t looking at him at 12, that was and is a lie :D

Before Adelaide had a team, I followed a different club. Reckon most would have.

Knowing full well that this will probably get me banned for life...because I’m a Glenelg member I tended to follow the fortunes of...Richmond:drunk::huh:

Not closely I quickly add. Just enough to want them to win a flag..

Oh my god...what have I done...

Knowing full well that this will probably get me banned for life...because I’m a Glenelg member I tended to follow the fortunes of...Richmond:drunk::huh:

my old man was the same

* Richmond.

The shark has been completely jumped by silent J.

Probably due in no small part to the crowd willing them to play on instead of going backwards, which they probably would have booed...because that’s how dumb our crowds are. And that dumbness infects our players. Because no coach would have instructed them to do that with only 19 fit players.

It was the Powah "crowd" (all 30k of them) that cost them the game cos no coach - not even Kern would tell them to do that.

Ah, I remember the good old days when silent J "insights" would get so many likes and quotes, now all they get is ridicule and derision.

At least when Selwood cheats for a free he puts his body (head) on the line. There is a degree of bravery in taking that hit.

Jumping forward at the slightest hint of possible contact to draw a free is the worst kind of staging. It is piss weak.

It is Port Adelaide Football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Probably due in no small part to the crowd willing them to play on instead of going backwards, which they probably would have booed...because that’s how dumb our crowds are. And that dumbness infects our players. Because no coach would have instructed them to do that with only 19 fit players.

It was the Powah "crowd" (all 30k of them) that cost them the game cos no coach - not even Kern would tell them to do that.

Ah, I remember the good old days when silent J "insights" would get so many likes and quotes, now all they get is ridicule and derision.

FMD

I assume it was also the crowd that forced them to not kick a goal in almost a half of football too??

Because if they’d kicked a couple more, whether they kicked forward or back in the last 90 seconds wouldn’t have mattered so much

Port Adelaide: we exist to find excuses

At least when Selwood cheats for a free he puts his body (head) on the line. There is a degree of bravery in taking that hit.

Jumping forward at the slightest hint of possible contact to draw a free is the worst kind of staging. It is piss weak.

It is Port Adelaide Football.

That club is seriously lacking real leadership

Hence not milking the clock. Hence having Robbie Grey as the spare man in defence at the death. Hence bringing in three years worth of missing pieces that have got them nowhere

But it certainly is fun to watch :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha the great Janus turning on his own fellow supporters.

Surely he was part of that crowd?

Hence not milking the clock. Hence having Robbie Grey as the spare man in defence at the death. Hence bringing in three years worth of missing pieces that have got them nowhere

How many players do they have in their so called leadership group, from memory is it 7? Yes I know a couple were injured but you would think one of them would settle them down in such a tense moment.

The groupthink down on their board seems to be that the players did not know the time left.

That would be a massive failing. The coaches have the countdown clock in the box. Where we stand each week we can see it.

During the end of the Showdown we could see the runners and staff/players on the bench make sure every player knew the time left. We played accordingly.

But apparantly the Port players live in a vacuum in regard to this knowledge and decided instead of milking the clock they would press on because of how loud the crowd was.

How many players do they have in their so called leadership group, from memory is it 7? Yes I know a couple were injured but you would think one of them would settle them down in such a tense moment.

Agreed. Clurey’s just a kid but Winguard should have known better

The groupthink down on their board seems to be that the players did not know the time left.

That would be a massive failing. The coaches have the countdown clock in the box. Where we stand each week we can see it.

During the end of the Showdown we could see the runners and staff/players on the bench make sure every player knew the time left. We played accordingly.

But apparantly the Port players live in a vacuum in regard to this knowledge and decided instead of milking the clock they would press on because of how loud the crowd was.

Every single excuse they come up with just leads them into another problem. And they don’t even seem to realize that

They act as if they’re still in the Primus years where they lacked resources and people with know-how so they’d get some sympathy for not having the right things working all the time like a fully professional club

They’re way beyond that now but still have that mentality. It’s why Ken has that “ahh..what just happened..” look on his face at pressers

Not to mention their runners have never been afraid to get within the action to sprout their messages or try and clog up play.

Wasn't there an occasion during the match where their runner was in the middle of the action and a free kick should have been awarded but it was missed?

I'd rather have Nick Gill than Jack Watts and that says something

Funny listening to commentators talking about the “big names” Port have brought in, as if that’s true

Motlop is a big name historically but that’s all atm
Rockliff not as big as his rep
Watts..
McKenzie...
Trengove..
Toumpas..

It’s the Vossy Brisbane strategy all over again. With similar and totally unpredictable :rolleyes: results

Hey I wonder if Fev is still available??

Every single excuse they come up with just leads them into another problem. And they don’t even seem to realize that

They act as if they’re still in the Primus years where they lacked resources and people with know-how so they’d get some sympathy for not having the right things working all the time like a fully professional club

They’re way beyond that now but still have that mentality. It’s why Ken has that “ahh..what just happened..” look on his face at pressers
They’re still banging on about how close they were in 2014 !

Oi you FLOGS !
That was the fluke year !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back