Prediction Hypothetical trades, other clubs moves, draft smokies, salary guesswork and whatever else thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Ceglar and a first round netted Cogs we would do it in a second but I highly doubt GWS would do that, I hate to lose Ceglar always love a good rookie list story but if we landed Cogs we would have our future midfield setup for a decade.

I want Preuss from North. Love his aggression and size.
Keep Cegs and BB - there will forever be injuries. BB won't be around for ever either.
Cegs has been a huge for us - love him.
Not for the price we'll have to pay.

BB will be 30 mid next year. Still got at least 2 years after that on the conservative side. Ceglar has plenty of years left providing his body holds up. We don't know how Pittonet will progress but our ruck stocks are good enough not to be blowing valuable picks on players we don't need such as Pruess. Pittonet looked ok on Saturday against Geelong

Not for the price we'll have to pay.

BB will be 30 mid next year. Still got at least 2 years after that on the conservative side. Ceglar has plenty of years left providing his body holds up. We don't know how Pittonet will progress but our ruck stocks are good enough not to be blowing valuable picks on players we don't need such as Pruess. Pittonet looked ok on Saturday against Geelong

Preuss is miles ahead of Pitto even though I love the kid's attitude. We know what we'd have right away with the North ruckman and that is an absolutely dominant big man pairing with a succession plan set when BB retires. We still have no real idea how good or not Pitto might become.
We'd come out a fair way ahead if we could trade Cegs and NEXT year's 1st round pick for Cogs....
And then maybe swapping our first rounder this year with North for their second and Preuss.
No secret he's been unhappy at being unable to break in as their regular first team ruckman.
Monky would turn him into an absolute beast.

Preuss is miles ahead of Pitto even though I love the kid's attitude. We know what we'd have right away with the North ruckman and that is an absolutely dominant big man pairing with a succession plan set when BB retires. We still have no real idea how good or not Pitto might become.
We'd come out a fair way ahead if we could trade Cegs and NEXT year's 1st round pick for Cogs....
And then maybe swapping our first rounder this year with North for their second and Preuss.
No secret he's been unhappy at being unable to break in as their regular first team ruckman.

Why would he come to Hawthorn if he is unhappy at being a backup ruckman?

On a side note, if we don't land Lynch then I wouldn't be unhappy if we enquired about Josh Bruce.

A second rounder would likely get this done and with McCartin and Membrey it's hard to see how the Saints fit all three next year. Surely they have to give the keys to McCartin and find out one way or the other.

Why would he come to Hawthorn if he is unhappy at being a backup ruckman?

On a side note, if we don't land Lynch then I wouldn't be unhappy if we enquired about Josh Bruce.

A second rounder would likely get this done and with McCartin and Membrey it's hard to see how the Saints fit all three next year. Surely they have to give the keys to McCartin and find out one way or the other.

You want to give up a second round pick in a strong draft for a bloke who can't get a game in one of the worst outfits in recent times?

You want to give up a second round pick in a strong draft for a bloke who can't get a game in one of the worst outfits in recent times?
Bruce has been injured.

As per the above.

I think we are clearly around the mark and a key forward is a glaring need for us. I absolutely hope that is Lynch, but if not I think Bruce would come reasonably cheap and might even be gettable. Before this year he has kicked 50, 38 and 36 goals.

Turning 27 next season I think he might be a handy option if better options are not available.

As per the above.

I think we are clearly around the mark and a key forward is a glaring need for us. I absolutely hope that is Lynch, but if not I think Bruce would come reasonably cheap and might even be gettable. Before this year he has kicked 50, 38 and 36 goals.

Turning 27 next season I think he might be a handy option if better options are not available.

Second round pick is not cheap though. Late pick at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second round pick is not cheap though. Late pick at best.

Depends on your perspective really. A pick in the mid 30's for a bloke capable of kicking 40 goals a year is pretty cheap for mine. It's not like he is in his 30s, or a number of seasons removed from good football. He will be 27 and missed practically a year of footy through injury. Before that, he kicked 2 goals per game across 3 seasons.

It's also a glaring need for us.

But anyhow, it's all a 'hypothetical trade'. No reason to believe we are into him, or that it will happen. I'm just hopeful we might have a decent plan b if we don't land lynch. I see a key forward as a massive need for us.

You're such a Debbie Downer.:mad:
Gimme something back if you're going to piss on my parade, even if you have to make it up.;)
This is the right thread for it, no?
I gave you Cogs for Cegs.

This might sound a bit crazy, but I would consider trading Langford this year if there were any interested parties.
Not expecting a massive dividend, maybe a pick in the 60s.

Could be useful for a side like Carlton looking for some inside help for Cripps.
StKilda if they want to bring a bit of experience into their midfield - part of a Gresham trade if that materialises.
Norf if they are happy to give up their first rounder ;-)

It appears Langford is dropping down the pecking order with the emergence of Worpel, and Howe out suspended, and Cuz and Jones developing at BH. I am just not sure we can offer him as to many games in the seniors now so might be good for him to also find a new home. We cant afford to be sentimental when it comes to rejuvenating our list

I realise that Pruess is probably better than Pittonet but we don't need a Ruckman. Not sure about you but i find it hard doing a succession plan for a ruckman we'll only need in 4+ years. Also North need him and won't trade him for what your suggesting. He's not what we need. If he was so good and North wanted to trade him then why wouldn't GWS just trade with North for Pruess?

I realise that Pruess is probably better than Pittonet but we don't need a Ruckman. Not sure about you but i find it hard doing a succession plan for a ruckman we'll only need in 4+ years. Also North need him and won't trade him for what your suggesting. He's not what we need. If he was so good and North wanted to trade him then why wouldn't GWS just trade with North for Pruess?

Do you think that the days of the lumbering ruckman are coming to an end, in favour of the more mobile ruckman.
Pruess is 206cm and 109kgs (I know - dont believe heights and weight published on afl websites) - 109kgs is a lot to carry around.

By comparrison, Brodie Grundy is perhaps the most mobile ruckman in the competition - 203cm and 102kgs.
Our guys - BB is 200cm and 102kgs and Cegs is 204cm and 102kgs.
Event Pitts is 202cm and 105kgs - could probably drop a kg or 2 to be more mobile.

Lobb - prett mobile as well - 207cm and 106kgs.
Gawn - 208cm and 109kgs
Sandi - 211cm ad 118kgs...........he is going to be a big boy when he retires.

My point is, do you really want a 109kg ruckman lumbering around in your side, or do you want someone more mobile.
Guess it depends on the quality of the ruckman

This might sound a bit crazy, but I would consider trading Langford this year if there were any interested parties.
Not expecting a massive dividend, maybe a pick in the 60s.

Could be useful for a side like Carlton looking for some inside help for Cripps.
StKilda if they want to bring a bit of experience into their midfield - part of a Gresham trade if that materialises.
Norf if they are happy to give up their first rounder ;-)

It appears Langford is dropping down the pecking order with the emergence of Worpel, and Howe out suspended, and Cuz and Jones developing at BH. I am just not sure we can offer him as to many games in the seniors now so might be good for him to also find a new home. We cant afford to be sentimental when it comes to rejuvenating our list

We'd have to offer someone a draft for them to take on Langford, bloke is struggling to play well at VFL level and would be on a decent amount of coin in 2019.

Do you think that the days of the lumbering ruckman are coming to an end, in favour of the more mobile ruckman.
Pruess is 206cm and 109kgs (I know - dont believe heights and weight published on afl websites) - 109kgs is a lot to carry around.

By comparrison, Brodie Grundy is perhaps the most mobile ruckman in the competition - 203cm and 102kgs.
Our guys - BB is 200cm and 102kgs and Cegs is 204cm and 102kgs.
Event Pitts is 202cm and 105kgs - could probably drop a kg or 2 to be more mobile.

Lobb - prett mobile as well - 207cm and 106kgs.
Gawn - 208cm and 109kgs
Sandi - 211cm ad 118kgs...........he is going to be a big boy when he retires.

My point is, do you really want a 109kg ruckman lumbering around in your side, or do you want someone more mobile.
Guess it depends on the quality of the ruckman

So to backup your argument that 109 kg is too heavy for a ruckman and will limit them, you list Max Gawn as being 109 kg as well. Excellent work at undoing your argument.

Buddy Franklin is 107 kg and at his best I wouldn’t accuse him of being lumbering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back