Society/Culture Hypocrisy of The Left - part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The point is that Larry David can make shows because he is Larry David, not because his comedy is permissible. If his comedy wasn't permissible now we'd have to be living in a authoritarian hellhole.

Yes, people like Hannah Gadsby, who are boring and accord with the present political view.

Your Peep Show argument was a bit ridiculous because there could not be a more politically correct comedian than Robert Webb, who has disavowed a lot of his past comedy.

Yes, a new comedian if they were clever and funny enough would be able to make groundbreaking, clever comedy that would offend some people. Is that clear enough now ?

Hannah Gadsby is a genius. I understand that she may not be for everybody. Especially people that occupy a particular space.

Do you have a source for Webb disavowing his past comedy ? Peep Show in particular because that is what I am talking about, but I would throw in all of the Mitchell and Webb work.

Larry David and curb your enthusiasm has been pushing it for years.
The most recent season wasn't the best.

Jim Jeffries... Australian comedian..now US resident. Has his own show..Jim Jeffries show.
He is left wing but pushes the boundaries a lot.
One of the few people I have seen interview Jordan Peterson and have Peterson say he migjt have been wrong about a certain point.

Could he fit more s**t in 25 minutes ? Contradictions and generalisations for a full 35 minutes. Yet it seemed like he and the host genuinely thought they were being funny... and clever. What a load of garbage.

Don't watch it then.

See how this works (for grown ups)?

DlzGzQNV4AEciCM.png:large

Chelsea Manning? I’m yet to see declarations of the abolition of free speech.

And she’s actually politically incorrect. She will speak to the abuse of state power. Yianoppolous and Southern are lackeys of state power. They support corporate capitalism and make rude jokes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And when the sand-in-the-vaginas get all Tommy Robinson on me, I show them this.

That was quite fascinating. I have never commented on Robinson as I have not really followed his story, but if I had heard the name Tommy Robinson, leader of the English Defence League. My first thought would have automatically been, Nazi.

He came across as passionate and a decent bloke. I will need to see more to fully understand the situation.

Is this actual for real?

Sounds like she used the N word in a post from a quote.

How is their actually a hate crime unit?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-43816921

Woman guilty of 'racist' Snap Dogg rap lyric Instagram post

A teenager who posted rap lyrics which included racist language on Instagram has been found guilty of sending a grossly offensive message.

Chelsea Russell, 19, from Liverpool posted the lyric from Snap Dogg's I'm Trippin' to pay tribute to a boy who died in a road crash, a court heard.

Russell argued it was not offensive, but was handed a community order.

Prosecutors said her sentence was increased from a fine to a community order "as it was a hate crime".

She was charged after Merseyside Police were anonymously sent a screenshot of her update.

'Grossly offensive'
Liverpool Justice Centre, sitting at Sefton Magistrates' Court, heard Russell posted the lyrics to her account after the death of a 13-year-old in a road accident in 2017, the Crown Prosecution Service said.

The words Russell used on her account contained a racial label which some people find extremely offensive.

The screenshot was passed to hate crime unit PC Dominique Walker, who told the court the term was "grossly offensive" to her as a black woman and to the general community.

The Liverpool Echo reported that Russell's defence had argued the usage of the word had changed over time and it had been used by superstar rapper Jay-Z "in front of thousands of people at the Glastonbury Festival".

Prosecutor Angela Conlan said Russell's defence also argued her profile "wasn't public", but it had been proved in court that anyone could access it and "see the offensive language".

She said prosecutors also "sourced case law that showed that posting the profile on her account constituted sending it and making it public".

Russell was found guilty of sending a grossly offensive message by a public communication.

She was given an eight-week community order, placed on an eight-week curfew and told to pay costs of £500 and an £85 victim surcharge.

This is clearly a case of things going too far. Nothing wrong with a the crime unit though. I imagine that it does not normally focus on FB posts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And she’s actually politically incorrect. She will speak to the abuse of state power. Yianoppolous and Southern are lackeys of state power. They support corporate capitalism and make rude jokes.

U got sucked in by clickbait.

That was quite fascinating. I have never commented on Robinson as I have not really followed his story, but if I had heard the name Tommy Robinson, leader of the English Defence League. My first thought would have automatically been, Nazi.

He came across as passionate and a decent bloke. I will need to see more to fully understand the situation.

He speaks well and makes some good points

His early association with some far right groups has followed him. He has disavowed the extreme right groups, but the narrative remains the same from media and leftist organisations.

The English governments attempts to stifle and control his speech has been staggering

If you actually date girls of today the majority think guys are whimps now days

Biggest misconception of the common 'cnck' or 'snowflake', they think acting like a wimp attracts girls.

I don't care what girls claim, they're attracted to MEN who are strong, confident and opinionated not skinny little soyboys. This will never change.

Last edited:
The English governments attempts to stifle and control his speech has been staggering

Sure, that's the narrative being pushed....Though he's been receiving plenty of voice & attention all the same.

Hmmmm….Paradoxical, now aint it.

Sure, that's the narrative being pushed....Though he's been receiving plenty of voice & attention all the same.

Hmmmm….Paradoxical, now aint it.
Not really

The attention is not mainstream and when it is reported in mainstream media it inevitably is cast as Tommy robinson-white supremacist/neo nazi/far right activist

Not really

The attention is not mainstream and when it is reported in mainstream media it inevitably is cast as Tommy robinson-white supremacist/neo nazi/far right activist

Right....which is why it's reached the shores of Oz & has been such a mainstream talking point here for the past 2 months.....Are you kidding with this?

Robinson has been recruited by Rebel Media because he pushes the Islamaphobia angle it seeks to promulgate.....End of story!

Don't confuse yourself.

I think you'll find they support a free market with small Government.

Capitalism with an overly intervening Government (US) is Crony Capitalism. Exactly the reason those you've mentioned hate state meddling via 'the establishment', ie. Hilary Clinton.

As a father of three I can say the victim mentality displayed here is a right wing myth that does not exist in reality

Depends to what extent one's parents were emotionally absent/abusive co-dependent arse-holes......Symptomology.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back