List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Tyler Keitel as a secondary/tertiary type ruck? Without Naitanui's ability on the ground, playing two rucks is already an issue, so a part-time pinch hitter resting forward and swapping with Lycett (provided he's still around) occasionally could be useful. He can even go into defence if needed and can definitely kick a goal. He occasionally rucks for West Perth and could be a Quinten Lynch type of player. Should be able to get him as a rookie too. Maybe I'm just biased though :moustache:

OK let me be polite as I don’t want to trash talk him.

BUT

Let’s just say there reasons why NO Club has taken him.

Thoughts on Tyler Keitel as a secondary/tertiary type ruck? Without Naitanui's ability on the ground, playing two rucks is already an issue, so a part-time pinch hitter resting forward and swapping with Lycett (provided he's still around) occasionally could be useful. He can even go into defence if needed and can definitely kick a goal. He occasionally rucks for West Perth and could be a Quinten Lynch type of player. Should be able to get him as a rookie too. Maybe I'm just biased though :moustache:

These mature age types need to be explored by AFL clubs much more. These guys CAN play and can provide useful roles at AFL level. Almost like there's not enough credit as a recruiter to pick up the obvious state league player.

Hopefully Kelly (who was obvious to anyone who watched his last two years)_ and perhaps a mid year draft might give blokes like this a better chance at the top level.

True, I just think that teams are stupid not to milk the FA compo system for all its worth with deals like this for mutual benefits.
That deal is not to our benifit. If we were to get lycett compo then give saints pick 35 for acres for not matching would be better

That deal is not to our benifit. If we were to get lycett compo then give saints pick 35 for acres for not matching would be better

It was just an example I threw up to show how to milk the FA compo by working with the team he FA is going to.

As for the trade, it just depends how u rate the players involved. Lycett for Hickey and Acres I think is a win for us. Personally don't think we lose a lot going from Lycett to Hickey, particularly as we are sooo keen to play two rucks. If we let Lycett have a run solo and he killed it I might change my mind, but we didn't try it when we had the chance (vs the Dogs). Then throw Acres on top, who still could be a very good player if given a chance in the right position.

Not performing under Alan Richardson isn't a reason to write someone off in my book...the most boring man in football.

It was just an example I threw up to show how to milk the FA compo by working with the team he FA is going to.

As for the trade, it just depends how u rate the players involved. Lycett for Hickey and Acres I think is a win for us. Personally don't think we lose a lot going from Lycett to Hickey, particularly as we are sooo keen to play two rucks. If we let Lycett have a run solo and he killed it I might change my mind, but we didn't try it when we had the chance (vs the Dogs). Then throw Acres on top, who still could be a very good player if given a chance in the right position.

Not performing under Alan Richardson isn't a reason to write someone off in my book...the most boring man in football.
There is no way saints are trading acres AND hickey for pick 20

I'd question if either SA team is closer to a flag than the Saints.

Adelaide are a shambles off field and Port banked heavily on topping up for a flag and their list is ageing. Both arent far off a rebuild IMO.

At least Saints have a semi-head start
You give too much credit to St Kilda.

2019 is looking pretty good if the whispers and rumours are true.

Here is my potential 2019 team.

I think most of the top 18 is pretty settled aside from the 6th forward. For mine it's a toss up between Venables, Waterman and O Allen.

If Gaff leaves I've got either Kelly or Acres replacing him.

If Lycett goes I've got Roughead coming in.

As for the bench, Jetta is the 7th Defender, Vardy is 2nd Ruck and forward, Hutchings is in as taggee, leaving the last spot on the bench a fight between Sheed, Ah Chee, Ainsworth or Brayshaw.

FB Sheppard Barrass Hurn
HB Duggan McGovern Cole
C Masten Redden Gaff/Kelly/Acres
HF Ryan Kennedy Venables/Waterman/Allen
F Cripps Darling Rioli
R Roughead/Lycett Yeo Shuey
INT Jetta Vardy Hutchings Sheed/Ah Chee/Ainsworth/Brayshaw

So from a very reliable source, Saints believe they have secured Lycett and they are interested in trading Blake Acres back to WA. Both teams interested.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Blake Acres contracted with Saints till the end of 2020.
Like to see how that'll work out along with Tim Kelly who's contracted end of 2019...would be somewhat of a recruiting coupe if it if WCE pulls it off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2019 is looking pretty good if the whispers and rumours are true.

Here is my potential 2019 team.

I think most of the top 18 is pretty settled aside from the 6th forward. For mine it's a toss up between Venables, Waterman and O Allen.

If Gaff leaves I've got either Kelly or Acres replacing him.

If Lycett goes I've got Roughead coming in.

As for the bench, Jetta is the 7th Defender, Vardy is 2nd Ruck and forward, Hutchings is in as taggee, leaving the last spot on the bench a fight between Sheed, Ah Chee, Ainsworth or Brayshaw.

FB Sheppard Barrass Hurn
HB Duggan McGovern Cole
F Cripps Darling Rioli

Where's LeGod?

He’s a level above athletically at WAFL level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon his game will translate to AFL level well. People said Kelly wouldn't find the time and space at AFL that he does at WAFL, and that Ryan wouldn't be able to do what he does to AFL level defenders.

Guy like him is the perfect reason why Roos idea of the mature age picks for the lower teams is so dumb. He's unlikely to make a huge difference to a bottom AFL team, but could play a crucial role in a contender.

FB Sheppard Barrass Hurn
HB Duggan McGovern Cole
F Cripps Darling Rioli

I’d love to see a big preseason from venables and have him push for mastens wing spot allowing Jake/Oscar to battle it out for HF role. Think weve got a genuine star in Oscar just from his touch/wits and would love to see him get as much game time as possible.

It should have already happened but Sheed is going to want to work on his fitness over summer to allow him to run two ways next year or he’s quickly going to get overtaken by Ainsworth. Love Ainsworth’s attack on the ball and the questions over his kicking aren’t an issue if sheed is going to keep racking 65% DE on largely uncontested posessions.

Watching VFL finals, Noah Balta will be star. Ripping it up. Tigers did very well in draft last year - Higgins, Balta and Naish. All look quality.

Watching VFL finals, Noah Balta will be star. Ripping it up. Tigers did very well in draft last year - Higgins, Balta and Naish. All look quality.
Balta is the really quick KPP right?

remember him kicking a ripper goal in the all stars game. He basically burnt a handful of guys to the footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back