AFL Teams delisting, retire, trades (update p4)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 556889
Thought I would start a thread with what is happening elsewhere, please add.

Interesting so far, Claye Beams.

Kieran Collins might appeal as a key defender. Aaron Mullett offers depth at half back but probably isn't a need.

What happened with Tom Bell? Went to lions from blues. He's a big unit who moved well.

He isn't a very good player at AFL level. He had the odd good game but that's about it. The list of delisted players is overall pretty ordinary. I reckon there are better bets through trade and state leagues than most of the players available.

Kieran Collins might appeal as a key defender. Aaron Mullett offers depth at half back but probably isn't a need.
Yeah dunno about that. K Collins was a man child hence outmuscled the under 18kids but hasn't really progressed now he's played against real men.
Buckley was into mullet a few years ago but that window passed and we don't need his type.

Rather take Hore from the VFL or one of the other VFL performers. We need more speed and skill and a few KPP.

I reckon it will be touch for Ned to cut players this year given performance and injuries. But he's got to go in hard to keep improving.

If Moore is out I'm very disappointed but we need to get above par compensation at the trade with a pick bonanza. Allir the only swan I'd want now but he signed a new deal.

Can't stand the thought of Fasolo at Carlton either. I can't think of a blues player we would trade so there is no match there but hope they pay him well so we get good compo again to cover NGA and FS picks.

If Kirby retires that's our min 3 off the main list.

If not, Blair and Broomhead are in trouble.

One of Wells Dunne and Goldsack may not return either.

Not sure we will have a huge amount of list changes this year

We may only draft our 3 Academy/ FS and use our 1st round pick on a player
There might be a exchange of 1 or 2 Rookie/Senior List positions

We have to use our first round pick this year or next

Suggest ISSAC will be bid on forcing us to use our first on him
Excess points will get Kelly
Upgrades for apples and checker
Rookie broom
Rookie wellings/ hore
We're going after. May

Hard to imagine that he’d get picked up by another AFL team.

Maybe he’d be good to have in the VFL leadership group? (Thoughts MagpieBat jackcass ...?)

Interesting to see how that plays out. Blair is only 28 this year I think but can't see too much interest in his services at AFL level. Just too limited. Jack Hellier turned 30 this year I think and must be nearing the end, maybe a role for Blair as VFL captain going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broomhead has been on the list for years and shown virtually nothing will be gone.

Blair gone.

Reid I would get rid off

Was in the 22 when he broke his leg. Yes there were injuries but this at least shows he's there about in terms of fringe best 22. I actually think the way footy is played is becoming more relevant to him. At a minimum, he'd be cheap quality depth.

Yeah dunno about that. K Collins was a man child hence outmuscled the under 18kids but hasn't really progressed now he's played against real men.
Buckley was into mullet a few years ago but that window passed and we don't need his type.

Rather take Hore from the VFL or one of the other VFL performers. We need more speed and skill and a few KPP.

I reckon it will be touch for Ned to cut players this year given performance and injuries. But he's got to go in hard to keep improving.

If Moore is out I'm very disappointed but we need to get above par compensation at the trade with a pick bonanza. Allir the only swan I'd want now but he signed a new deal.

Can't stand the thought of Fasolo at Carlton either. I can't think of a blues player we would trade so there is no match there but hope they pay him well so we get good compo again to cover NGA and FS picks.

If Kirby retires that's our min 3 off the main list.

If not, Blair and Broomhead are in trouble.

One of Wells Dunne and Goldsack may not return either.

I agree there are likely better options through trade or state league level than those two (K Collins, Mullett). Although Sam Collins is likely Gold Coast bound so that hurts the available depth for keys. For half backs I reckon with Quaynor coming in we might be okay there. I'd consider replacing Smith with Hore or Mullett. There are a lot of key backs around this year or next. I reckon we could shake some guys free from GWS. Haynes is an RFA next year. Corr and Mohr aren't regular starters. Marcus Adams is out of the Doggies but his injuries are a put off. Hombsch at Port but I reckon injuries have gotten the best of him with his good footy 3 years ago and question marks now over his pace and agility following those injuries. And then theres May! There's enough around for an astute recruiter to find some roughies I reckon.

The real problem for me is what to do about key forward? We're too high in the draft to get a good one. We've missed out on Lynch. Some guys we could look at include Bruce who I actually don't mind. Perhaps go after Weideman. Balta may want out of Richmond now Lynch has arrived. Are we any chance to get Cameron?

We will 100% hold onto or re-rookie Broomhead. We've already got pretty much 5 certs on the senior list to go, we won't be much more aggressive than that. Might see Wills cut from the main list and re-rookied when nobody else grabs him too.

Hugh Goddard is about the only player of real interest off that list, I haven't seen him play much recently bar that game against our VFL, but he had a lot of potential as a key back. Might be worth a punt along the same lines Henry Schade was.

I hope there is some scope to keep Kirby if his heart is ok. Of all those mentioned he is the one with unrealised potential

Fas should goo elsewhere as he has fallen to the back of the line. If Elliott is ever fit he goes further back. Could be good elsewhere

Delistings Certain- Murray, Blair, Oxley
Likely- Wills, Smith, Broomy ( re rookie)

Moore will likely sign back on from what I have heard. Dont need more than 7 off the list and could be less.

We will 100% hold onto or re-rookie Broomhead. We've already got pretty much 5 certs on the senior list to go, we won't be much more aggressive than that. Might see Wills cut from the main list and re-rookied when nobody else grabs him too.

Hugh Goddard is about the only player of real interest off that list, I haven't seen him play much recently bar that game against our VFL, but he had a lot of potential as a key back. Might be worth a punt along the same lines Henry Schade was.

Totally agree re: Broomhead. I think if he wants to play on we should keep him on the list.

I'm not such a big fan of Goddard but he is another on the list of potential key backs available. I reckon there is a gem out there if Hine can find it.

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about Crocker as a potential delisting. Is he contracted? I don't see that he offers the 22 much and I don't see upside. I'd be trying to turn him into a negator because he does have work ethic on his side.

You do know that you are the only one who hears the voices in your head? And they aren't a reliable source of information.
Nah, the other bloke in there hears them crystal clear. So does the lady, and the old bloke. As far as I can tell we all do.

I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about Crocker as a potential delisting. Is he contracted? I don't see that he offers the 22 much and I don't see upside. I'd be trying to turn him into a negator because he does have work ethic on his side.
Contracted

Contracted

I'm not sure that was a good list management decision. I hope we try him as a tagger/defensive forward because it's handy having a player that can do a defensive role. I reckon it's his only hope of making it at AFL level.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back