List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do NOT understand the Sier trading business Knightmare

Sier looks our best bet to get a Patrick Cripps type in build and his play and vision is terrific for his few games played. If he gets say to 80% Cripps level, we've got it made.

Hence if we went the trade we'd be hoping say Rankine is going to be certain better than Sier.
As we know does not always work that way.

As well trading Langdon would seem a risk for his ongoing best 22 play?

I'd move quite a bit for Lukosius that's true but Sier would be untouchable for me.
Langdon reluctantly but only for Lukosius.

We cannot afford to trade Sier. We need to be trading more big bodied midfielders like Sier in or maybe a summer in the gym (without losing endurance and speed) would help

At times yesterday our players were rag-dolled by the size of the WCE players in and around the contest and the clearances. Even Grundy looked small (physicality not height) against the likes of Lycett (203cm/103kgs) and Vardy (200cm/103kgs, and when you throw in some others like Kennedy (197cm/103kgs) on Goldsack (193cm/93kgs), Darling (191cm/97kgs) on Langdon (190cm/83kgs), McGovern (196cms/101kgs) on Mihocek (192cm/93kgs); Yeo (191cm/91kgs) on Adams (181cm/83kgs); Shuey 183cm/91kgs) on Treloar (182cm/86kgs); Redden (191cm/88kgs) on Sier (191cm/88kgs); Hurn 187cm/97kgs) on WHE (186cm/81kgs); Schofield 196cm/94kgs) on Stephenson (188cm/77kgs); and Barass (194cm/96kgs) on De Goey (191cm/91kgs).

The media going on about that Melbourne will get May? He need to be ours!

Well there nothing more to that Story on just on the Hypothetical Trade with Hogan,May and Neale being talked about

The media going on about that Melbourne will get May? He need to be ours!
Assuming the Suns finish bottom 4 we would get a top 5 pick for him as compo next year. To let him go this year the deal would have to match that Otherwise why let him go

I do NOT understand the Sier trading business Knightmare

Sier looks our best bet to get a Patrick Cripps type in build and his play and vision is terrific for his few games played. If he gets say to 80% Cripps level, we've got it made.

Hence if we went the trade we'd be hoping say Rankine is going to be certain better than Sier.
As we know does not always work that way.

As well trading Langdon would seem a risk for his ongoing best 22 play?

I'd move quite a bit for Lukosius that's true but Sier would be untouchable for me.
Langdon reluctantly but only for Lukosius.

It's because they weren't high draft picks. Think draft experts can only see the potential and none of the reality of AFL against the best of the best.

Also suggesting Lukosius is gonna play 300 is absurd at this point given the percentage of players that do that.

Assuming the Suns finish bottom 4 we would get a top 5 pick for him as compo next year. To let him go this year the deal would have to match that Otherwise why let him go
Avoid the disruption around whether another (former?) captain and quality player will walk out or stay. Help build a united and committed club and playing group.

Well Lynch is an RFA so they can match the offer which gives them leverage.
Yeah sweet thought that’s what they were getting at.

Anyone else on the list we could use?

Restricted
Tom Lynch (Gold Coast Suns); Bachar Houli (Richmond); Andrew Gaff (West Coast), Scott Lycett (West Coast); Jordan Roughead (Western Bulldogs); Mitch Wallis (Western Bulldogs).

Unrestricted
Andy Otten (Adelaide Crows); Rohan Bewick (Brisbane Lions); Ryan Lester (Brisbane Lester); Jarryd Blair (Collingwood); Alex Fasolo (Collingwood); Tyson Goldsack (Collingwood); Michael Johnson (Fremantle); George Horlin-Smith (Geelong Cats); Daniel Menzel (Geelong Cats); Michael Rischitelli (Gold Coat Suns); Taylor Duryea (Hawthorn); Paul Puopolo (Hawthorn); Ryan Schoenmakers (Hawthorn); Brendan Whitecross (Hawthorn); Scott Thompson (North Melbourne); Sam Wright (North Melbourne); Justin Westhoff (Port Adelaide); Reece Conca (Richmond); Shaun Grigg (Richmond); Sam Gilbert (St Kilda); Mark Le Cras (West Coast); Eric Mackenzie (West Coast); Luke Dahlhaus (Western Bulldogs); Tom Liberatore (Western Bulldogs

Can’t lose Josh Thomas IMO adds to our forward line despite the quite finals

It’s more a case of what’s important. We need a KPD. We don’t have the draft picks to get May and I think the GC would prefer players anyway.

I don't think anybody is suggesting an Aish trade (it's not like people are saying DELIST him) based on yesterdays game alone. He doesn't do enough, doesn't get enough of the ball, doesn't impact the scoreboard, isn't a great user of the ball either. He can mark and tackle sometimes, but it's all flashy and inconsistent and he's invisible most of the time.

Thomas kicked almost 40 goals this season. Phillips showed things during the year that Aish has never shown. Mihocek came in midway through the year and kicked around 30 goals. Greenwood has been an effective stopper... but meh, his days are numbered.

But all the players you've mentioned here all had better seasons than Aish and add more for the future.
Aish does a lot that you don't see on tv. He's not that bad. He can mark and kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The May to Melbourne thing is interesting. We’ve heard a lot about how that destination will suit the Suns but nothing about how it suits May, or even whether or not they have even spoken to May. Fact is May has to agree to any trade to any destination. Unfortunately (as we found out in the Beams and Shaw trades a few years ago) the players hold all the power on destination both in and out of contract (I personally believe that clubs should hold the power while the player is within contract although that wouldn’t help us in this scenario).

It's because they weren't high draft picks. Think draft experts can only see the potential and none of the reality of AFL against the best of the best.

Also suggesting Lukosius is gonna play 300 is absurd at this point given the percentage of players that do that.
I'm totally with you that the draft is way too much judged on which pick number they went at.)

I'm totally with you on the 300 game matter.
I have no issue by saying a 10 year player, 200 game player.
The rest is a bonus of course.

Now my view and understanding including talking to those within recruiting is that Lukosius is special, very special. I'm told think Nick Riewoldt but a better kick.

Of course he has not done it and it's all before him.

But I'm told he's played against men (SANFL) and done fine. So there's a basis of evidence for the high the praise.

Assuming he stays healthy he surely will be at a minimum a terrific player at best an elite super star.
These days recruiters don't botch too much in the high praised special players, injuries aside.

Now I have a pretty good memory and don't recall many number ones with such a boomlet.
Riewoldt was a high one, but the one I really recall as that extra special was Josh Fraser (we apparently had the golden spoon).

So let's give Lukosius the benefit of the doubt and at a minimum he equals a career like Josh Fraser at the top end he's Nick Riewoldt or better.
I'd say if he ends up like Fraser the deal is way too much, but its not a wasted career just ok.
But better than Riewoldt that's pure gold for us.

Interesting approach whichever way you go.

• NB:hands off our bear; don't even think about laying fingers on my boy Scharenberg :D

I don't think anybody is suggesting an Aish trade (it's not like people are saying DELIST him) based on yesterdays game alone. He doesn't do enough, doesn't get enough of the ball, doesn't impact the scoreboard, isn't a great user of the ball either. He can mark and tackle sometimes, but it's all flashy and inconsistent and he's invisible most of the time.

Thomas kicked almost 40 goals this season. Phillips showed things during the year that Aish has never shown. Mihocek came in midway through the year and kicked around 30 goals. Greenwood has been an effective stopper... but meh, his days are numbered.

But all the players you've mentioned here all had better seasons than Aish and add more for the future.
I disagree. He was in very good form up until he did his PCL. He wasn’t in as good a form once he came back though I think he was playing a different role because Mayne was doing such a good job in the role Aish was playing pre injury. Still since coming back he played a role that helped us get to a Grand Final.

I can’t get behind the paywall. Is this an official announcement by Lynch or his manager or just another reporter with an inside word or opinion piece?

I feel like Johnson could outplay Moore honestly. That's the level he played at in his single game back.

Reid I agree with you isn't the kick he once was and I also agree he isn't the athlete he once was either. He can still read the ball in flight, intercept, still hit targets fine and still has the strength. Even on this years numbers, had he played 24 games, at his averages, he would have managed 136 marks and 276 disposals. Those are strong numbers at either end. He should have been playing throughout the finals series is my view.

I also disagree on Reid's viability as a forward. In 2013 after switching forward he actually led the competition in 1v1 mark win % i50 of any forward. It's just with Cox a terrific number one option and Mihocek showing he's a viable forward, I'm content with them being the key forward combination again in 2019, unless a Lukosius can be had.

You're right to comment that the clubs 2017 rookie selections have proven valuable with Mihocek particularly. When conversion of rookies is that high though, it makes you think that perhaps a few more players who don't look like best 22 players could be turned over.

Fasolo leaving as a free agent to Carlton, Murray if he's done for 3 or more years probably has to lose his spot, Blair, Kirby, Wills, Smith, Broomhead go. Crocker ideally shouldn't have been re-signed and is one I would not have retained. Then from the rookies Mihocek gets promoted and Oxley and Lynch can go.

That's a lot of list spaces opening up. I wouldn't have any trouble fitting Johnson into one of those three rookie vacancies along with a Tyler Keitel as something like another Mihocek as that capable state leaguer who can play either end.
Keep Broomhead, rookie him. Could have potentially turned a corner this year and it was sheer bad luck that injury ended his season. A player should at least be given that opportunity. Kirby is different because even though he has an unfortunate heart condition he's had issues with skinfolds and fitness every year since before he was drafted.

Lynch signed a new deal for a year at the same time the Reid, Stephenson and Sier re-signings were announced.

That was the most predictable performance of any player on the ground yesterday
Wasted at halfback. Was playing impressive footy in the first six rounds on the opposite wing to Phillips, until he did his PCL. But then Mayne stole his spot.

Based on that, I can comfortably say we know he can be a skillful player, but needs to be in the right position.

I can’t get behind the paywall. Is this an official announcement by Lynch or his manager or just another reporter with an inside word or opinion piece?

Tom Lynch will play for Richmond in 2019 and beyond after choosing Tigers as new home

Jay Clark, Herald Sun
an hour ago
Subscriber only

RICHMOND has won the race to secure prized free agent Tom Lynch in a massive boost to the Tigers’ premiership prospects.

The Gold Coast captain and star key forward will this week confirm he will formally nominate the Tigers when the free agency period opens on Friday.

The Suns have until October 15 to consider matching Richmond’s bid, but will instead accept pick No.3 in this year’s draft as compensation for Lynch’s departure.

GRAND FINAL: KEY PIES WENT MISSING WHEN IT MATTERED

MARK ROBINSON: MAYHEM BEFORE SHEED’S BIG MOMENT

LEIGH MATTHEWS: MAYNARD SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED FREE KICK

His signature is a huge coup for the Tigers who have been crowned next year’s outright $5 premiership favourite with TAB, ahead of Melbourne ($7) and Collingwood ($8).

This year’s premier West Coast is sixth favourite ($11) to go back-to-back next season after toppling the Pies by five points in Saturday’s thrilling decider.

Lynch, 25, strongly considered offers from Collingwood and Hawthorn, but was drawn to the team culture and strong leadership at Punt Rd.

The Herald Sun understands the opportunity to partner Jack Riewoldt as part of a bolstered forward line next season was also a key factor in the decision.

6676169f63e2c36ffe45243c4ecc2fdb

Tom Lynch will play for Richmond in 2019. Picture: Getty
Lynch wants to learn from the three-time Coleman Medalist to help refine his forward craft after two injury-affected seasons at the Suns.

The Tigers have been chasing the All-Australian through his managers, Robbie D’Orazio and Paul Connors from Connors Sports, for more than 18 months, believing his character strengths, contested marking skills and work ethic are a perfect fit at Punt Rd.

But Lynch has taken his time to make a decision on his future in recent months after meeting with the three clubs following season-ending surgery.

FREE AGENT: WILL PREMIERSHIP SWAY GAFF’S DECISION?

PIES RUNNER: ‘I’M FEELING A LOT OF GUILT’

BAD START: WHY COLLINGWOOD’S BANNER FELL APART

The Suns’ four-time leading goal kicker and dual best-and-fairest is set to sign a lucrative deal with Richmond in excess of six years.

But the Blairgowrie product will face a cautious start to preseason training as he recovers from surgery in July on his posterior cruciate ligament.

The Tigers are confident he will make a full recovery and work towards realising his immense potential as one of footy’s most talented and dominant key forwards.

0c50a37f0ce66995da4bd9ca0d918460

Lynch will team up with Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt. Picture: Michael Klein
His marking power is certain to bolster Damien Hardwick’s scoring capacity as part of a taller, twin tower forward structure next season.

The Tigers stormed to the 2017 flag on the back of its relentless tackling pressure and speedy small forwards.

But Lynch’s arrival will help give superstar midfielders Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin another dynamic marking target in the forward half.

The 199cm Lynch was dubbed the No. 1 player in the game by Hawthorn champion Dermott Brereton after a stunning breakout campaign in 2016, booting 66 goals to finish fourth in the Coleman Medal.

Brereton said: “Lynch is extraordinary.”

“He took the most contested marks last year (2016) in a team which was in the bottom-four and they kicked it into the forward line like puff bags, they were hopeless.

“He works the hardest out of every key forward, he has the best hands. He is a bit robotic in his kicking nature but he runs hard, works hard, he’s aggressive and just marks anything above head height in his area.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/eb468bfaa3d460a7eab1bfd81245bad5

Don’t think it really matters, everyone knows he’s going there.
I know. I just found the headline interesting. I would have thought the headline it’s official would require an actual announcement from Lynch or his management. Having read the article posted in this thread by MagpieBat (thanks MB) there isn’t actually anything new in the article and the headline was just another click bait that had nothing to do with the actual article.

Remember when the headline actually related to the content of the article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back