List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Sheehan just tweeted this

As collingwoodfc commiserates yesterday’s heartbreaking loss in the #2018 #AFL Grand Final, their focus turns to signing Steven May and trying to find a deal for Dayne Beams

Beams ?? Be great but I thought he was staying in Bris

I would not even take Notice of Him

Yeah...its Tones, not a very reliable source

His nic name is 2Phones, I think 2Di.cks is more appropriate
Obviously has a listening and reading problem that one

Found it...
When does the 2018 NAB AFL free agency and Trade Period start and finish?
Friday, 5 October: Restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period starts.
Monday, 8 October 10am: NAB AFL Trade Period starts.
Friday, 12 October 5pm: Close of restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period.
Monday, 15 October 2pm: AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends.
Wednesday, 17 October 8.30pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of players).
Friday, 16 November 2pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of selections only).

When is the 2018 NAB AFL Draft Combine?
Tuesday, 2 October – Friday 5 October: AFL Draft Combine.
Friday, 5 October: Victoria / NEAFL / Tasmania State Draft Combine.
Saturday, 13 October: South Australian Draft Combine.
Sunday, 14 October: West Australian Draft Combine.

When are the 2018 NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Drafts?
Thursday, 22 November 7pm – 9.30pm: NAB AFL Draft (Round One).
Friday, 23 November 10am – 1.30pm: NAB AFL Draft (Round Two onwards to conclusion).
Friday, 23 November 5pm: NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft and NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-09-10/when-is-the-2018-afl-trade-period

As I said Adams is not a Great Field Kick and can Cost us a Game and you could say he bad Kicking late in the Game cost us the Flag
No you really couldn’t. Adams is the absolute last player anyone should be putting blame on right now. Maybe focus your ire towards your mate Aish instead. He was absolutely shitful.

Hi All,

At my first GF yesterday, great day had, result aside. One point of concern for me was whether Darcy Moore came onto the ground with the rest of the non playing players. I could not find or see him although specifically looking for him. I was on level 4 too. Can anyone confirm his presence out on the field after the match?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wondered about this also, but he was definitely out on the ground after the PF win.

I think you have some optimistic assessments of what those state leaguers can offer. Thomas kicked 38 goals in the regular season. Sier was an absolute menace around the clearances (only Will Kelly compares as a state league example) and Langdon was just about best on for us in a GF. Maybe Shaz would be a better option to replace Langdon if we went there? I don't mind the thinking generally but you need to be careful not to tear down your house too much and destroy what's been built.

It's a lot of risk v regard.

Do we take 300 games each of elite level play from Lukosius/Rankine or 150 from Sier, 120 from Langdon and 80 from J.Thomas? And take the chance the two first round picks given up won't be of that standard.

I think you have some optimistic assessments of what those state leaguers can offer. Thomas kicked 38 goals in the regular season. Sier was an absolute menace around the clearances (only Will Kelly compares as a state league example) and Langdon was just about best on for us in a GF. Maybe Shaz would be a better option to replace Langdon if we went there? I don't mind the thinking generally but you need to be careful not to tear down your house too much and destroy what's been built.

Agree conceptually you want to keep those relevant components of the list together as there is the chemistry.

I'm just bringing up an example of a deal where I'd be willing deviate.

Josh Thomas did even Less.

How let's Trade Pendles as well as he been quiet for 2 Years

TD Pendles is our captain and has been a great player for the CFC.

How can you throw something like that at people for wanting to trade a guy who's probably not best 22 with a fit list to pick from?

TD Pendles is our captain and has been a great player for the CFC.

How can you throw something like that at people for wanting to trade a guy who's probably not best 22 with a fit list to pick from?

Just Replying to how bad I think the Original Post

They would have to nominate for the draft so anyone can grab them before us if they want to.
With Carlton and GC being able to sign or trade 2-3 state league players if we rate them high enough there's now the option of packing a few up and facilitating a trade. We used similar tactics in 2010 and 2011 to recruit Ceglar/Krakouer and Elliott/Clarke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Carlton and GC being able to sign or trade 2-3 state league players if we rate them high enough there's now the option of packing a few up and facilitating a trade. We used similar tactics in 2010 and 2011 to recruit Ceglar/Krakouer and Elliott/Clarke.

Especially for someone like Sam Collins

Reckon it would be madness to consider trading Sier even for a top 5 pick. Could be anything and one of the better mids in the comp if/when he gets his fitness up. More than held his own in the first half of all finals; one of those players who perform better at AFL level.

Reckon it would be madness to consider trading Sier even for a top 5 pick. Could be anything and one of the better mids in the comp if/when he gets his fitness up. More than held his own in the first half of all finals; one of those players who perform better at AFL level.

What on earth? Who is considering trading Sier? :huh:

No you really couldn’t. Adams is the absolute last player anyone should be putting blame on right now. Maybe focus your ire towards your mate Aish instead. He was absolutely shitful.

Well IF you going to shit on Aish.

I could shit on:

• Thomas(Did Nothing)
  • Phillips had great start to season but fell away badly in 2nd Half of Season and Finals
  • Greenwood. Definisvly good but Disposal can be a Worry
  • Miocheck outside of the Goal he Kicked was well beaten

and I Guess you and Apex36 are experts on Footy and know everything

Yes, we are. Apex36 is (in your own words) Mr F*cken-Know-It-All and I am (in the words of all the people who have written me) the World's Greatest Detective.

I mean, you are dealing with a pair of seriously high-calibre minds here, Dave...

Well IF you going to shit on Aish.

I could shit on:

• Thomas(Did Nothing)
  • Phillips had great start to season but fell away badly in 2nd Half of Season and Finals
  • Greenwood. Definisvly good but Disposal can be a Worry
  • Miocheck outside of the Goal he Kicked was well beaten
Not the thread for it, but Aish was far from our worse. Perhaps Aish is attracting more criticism due to a consideration of what Moore may have offered in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back