List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I’m suggesting strongly, we want our key back with real talent?

Simple.

Darcy Moore. Pay him; tell him we have full trust in you; it’s our very best long term bet. Back him in!

Simples.

(Also McLarty it’s time to test him as our long term Dunn replacement)

Last edited:
180cm

defensive back pocket will allow Maynard play a more attacking role, with a big preseason think he plays round one has pace.
Ta great.

I thought he was a 6 foot type.

Ta great.

I thought he was a 6 foot type.

Quick nice skills one those players you see make an impact from day 1 as he has all the skills and a good system

Towelled up a few big names has been playing more midfield this year.

I assume you are suggesting bringing in a FB and CHB.
The FB is obviously MAY. We will need to trade for him. Which player/s out of our best 22 do you want to give to the Suns?
As for a CHB, we already have one in Moore.
I’d rather Moore at CHF

A couple we could add to our rookie list are Woodward and Jok
Woodward is way to good for VFL level and Jok has a bit of "x" factor about him

Woodward could cover for any mid injuries and Jok to learn the game and put to use his exquisite abilities
I like Woodward because he was on an AFL list before so there must have been some potential in him

Standard "oh he's going home but let's spice it up a bit by saying the other club could swoop on him" stuff really.

Next think you know someone will put together a Gaff to Melbourne for Hogan trade scenario because that's just the obvious thing to do.

I actually spent 10 minutes to sign up to this forum purely because I couldn't sit by any longer and see people genuinely discussing the possibility of a) trading Sier and/or Langon and/or Thomas, and b) getting our way towards pick 1.
Please remember that your fantasies are simply just that - fantasies. You literally have nothing to do with the list management of this club (thank Christ), and the mere thought of trading 3 Grand Final members in what is clearly such a close, tight-knit group would somehow manage to put a smile on the faces of club administrators only 48 hours after the ultimate heartbreak due to the hilarity of the suggestion.

Anyone suggesting or agreeing with this is so deluded and dis-jointed from the running of a football club that it genuinely shocks me.

Sier is going nowhere. Thomas is going nowhere. The only possibility of Langdon going anywhere is due to his own choice should it happen (re. contract status) - there is no chance in hell that the club will actively look to move him on.

We were 5 points off a premiership, yet (certain) people are almost alluding towards a small re-build by bringing in 2 kids via these magical top 5 picks with the belief that this will somehow bring us closer to going one step better in 2019? Once again - anyone suggesting this just has no concept of AFL football.

Had to get that off my chest.

To contribute further to this thread (and this is for my fellow posters with a greater than 35% knowledge of football) - we require a mature body down back. Steve May is ideal, and with the return of Dunn (and hopefully Reid and Moore, but who knows with those two), we are looking a level-up already. We will be taking 2 academy boys at a minimum - I don't expect either of these boys to improve us straight away, but it's a genuine possibility that they would.

As always, there will be a twist or two over the next fortnight - but trading required players from a clearly tight group to move places up in the draft? Get a grip.

PS. Hi, I'm new to the forum.
Welcome Mate,that is a high standard 1st post and 1 I fully agree with,if we are getting rid of Sier,Thomas and Langdon why not go the whole hog and trade De Goey and Stephenson at the same time.

It is ludicrous to even think this way,the aim of trading is to strengthened the club not decimate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Martin is an untapped talent. He is lazy and there is no way I'd spend the world on him, but he will break out at some point. I would prefer him to Dylan Shiel who would cost way more and has little true substance to his game. (outside player with suspect kicking).

Martin is one of the best kicks in the league already. If we don't get him and he goes to a good club he will be a player, forward or back.
Shiel isn’t outside.

I’d rather Moore at CHF
Either or.

I can see him, if healthy, a terrific player for us.
He plays fit Saturday we may have won the lot.
(Ofcourse they had key outs too.)

Weirdly, I think Mihocek or Langdon might leave. Just don’t see how we fit them both, if Moore decides to stay.
Langdon is a lock and stays.
Mihocek is really a medium level type where would he realistically go on high coin? Don’t see it. He’ll stay and be a very nice player for us, but no star, workmanlike.

Weirdly, I think Mihocek or Langdon might leave. Just don’t see how we fit them both, if Moore decides to stay.
It is weird, can and will fit all in if they want to stay

Going through what some people are posting almost makes me sick
Trade Aish
Trade Sier
Trade Moore
Trade Langdon
I have to say we have a great young list and yes we could do with a May or Lynch but we almost won a flag with the biggest injury list.
Let back in what we have and keep Moore at all costs as he is the exact player we need up and firing

He’s no sure thing.

Agreee - I'm still wary of picking him up too early and a bid anywhere near the first round is a hard pass for mine.

It's clear that he benefited to some degree from being a more mature bodied player in the TAC cup over the course of the season - if he had shown a bit in the grand final I'd have warmed to him a bit more as big game players get an extra tick in my book (although he was reasonably good in the U18 champs), but at this stage I'm still thinking he's probably worth considering matching a bid on in the 25-30 range at the earliest.

I don't have anything specifically against his body of work for the year but I am a little worried about how much improvement there is left in him.

The real question for me is how much better will he he be in years 5-6 in comparison to years 1-2?

Josh Thomas is going no where. He signed a 3 year deal.

Yeah I don't really want to lose him either but would be decent carrot (one of our few) to dangle to the GC (seeing as he's from Qld) to try and land a more pressing need in May.

Could this be why we've been sniffing around Jack Lonie? JT replacement?

Team culture my arse. More like because they won the flag last year. I actually don’t even believe he use to be a Pies fan.
You don’t think team culture helped them win the flag last year?

I actually spent 10 minutes to sign up to this forum purely because I couldn't sit by any longer and see people genuinely discussing the possibility of a) trading Sier and/or Langon and/or Thomas, and b) getting our way towards pick 1.
Please remember that your fantasies are simply just that - fantasies

What's funnier is the guy suggesting it actually works for ESPN as a draft analyst.... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back