List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has youth on his side against Howe (4 years) and unfortunately anybody playing has it on Moore at the moment

You havent factored in the trade IN of May or another quality defender to support Moore and Howe if Langdon goes.
So there is no NET loss in such circumstances if Langdon leaves - unless you believe we will not trade IN a quality defender.

I actually spent 10 minutes to sign up to this forum purely because I couldn't sit by any longer and see people genuinely discussing the possibility of a) trading Sier and/or Langon and/or Thomas, and b) getting our way towards pick 1.
Please remember that your fantasies are simply just that - fantasies. You literally have nothing to do with the list management of this club (thank Christ), and the mere thought of trading 3 Grand Final members in what is clearly such a close, tight-knit group would somehow manage to put a smile on the faces of club administrators only 48 hours after the ultimate heartbreak due to the hilarity of the suggestion.

Anyone suggesting or agreeing with this is so deluded and dis-jointed from the running of a football club that it genuinely shocks me.

Sier is going nowhere. Thomas is going nowhere. The only possibility of Langdon going anywhere is due to his own choice should it happen (re. contract status) - there is no chance in hell that the club will actively look to move him on.

We were 5 points off a premiership, yet (certain) people are almost alluding towards a small re-build by bringing in 2 kids via these magical top 5 picks with the belief that this will somehow bring us closer to going one step better in 2019? Once again - anyone suggesting this just has no concept of AFL football.

Had to get that off my chest.

To contribute further to this thread (and this is for my fellow posters with a greater than 35% knowledge of football) - we require a mature body down back. Steve May is ideal, and with the return of Dunn (and hopefully Reid and Moore, but who knows with those two), we are looking a level-up already. We will be taking 2 academy boys at a minimum - I don't expect either of these boys to improve us straight away, but it's a genuine possibility that they would.

As always, there will be a twist or two over the next fortnight - but trading required players from a clearly tight group to move places up in the draft? Get a grip.

PS. Hi, I'm new to the forum.
Solid first post!

We had it a grand total of 3 times less than West Coast (340 v 343 disposals) for the game. It's what we didn't do for large periods of the game when we did have it.

What about in the last quarter?

Jumping at shadows

Let the games begin...

I don't think these stat in ANY way prove your point - Disposals, Tackles, I50, R50, Clearances, this season are ALL above his career averages, so he is getting better in these areas.
Clangers up and marks down are feeble support for your view.
lol of course you conveniently rely on 'career averages' because that includes his first 5 seasons when he was a kid :thumbsu:. Pointless arguing with someone who won't read the numbers in their proper context :(

Don't be so lazy, I provided the link which goes through his averages throughout his career - he is down in almost all areas.

'played more inside this year' is just a nonsense way of apologising for his drop in DE. He plays inside every year and nothing has changed in that respect in 2018. If he played more inside this year how do you explain his drop in tackles per game?

And you don't address his poor finals series where his number were well down on both in 2017 averages and 2018 averages.

But really it ought be clear to the naked eye that in 2018 he was well off the standards (admittedly very high) that he has set in previous seasons.

You did? I responded to Wicksy's post, you challenged my response, I checked every post in our subsequent discussion and I don't see it.

You said his stats were "well down". I'm not sure a drop of 1.3 disposals a game on last year equates to well down. His disposal efficiency was still at 76% despite playing a more inside role, actually up on last year. His centre clearance numbers are on par with every year bar 2017 when he averaged 2.2 a game, his stoppage clearances at career highs, his 1%ers are .1 a game down on his career high in 2017 of 2.1 per game, his intercepts are up 1.1 per game on 2017, his tackle numbers the 3rd highest of his career.

You're just choosing to dismiss the change of role being a factor in him delivering differently and throwing "errors" in to support you. Fact is, like every footballer, Pendles makes mistakes. Always has, always will. He was never perfect.

Last edited:
No Way! No Way! mate, If Langdon wants to leave looking at Fremantles form ie weller for pick 2! Langdon stocks as we know have gone up the last month for me it would be a straight pick 6 and nothing coming back to Fremantle simple! Pick 18 stays with us!
If Weller is worth pick 2 and Neale pick 4 certainly Langdon is worth a straight pick 6.
If they dont want to entertain pick 6 Brayshaw or Cerra thanks.
Fremantle were able to demand that price because Weller was contracted. We are in no such position with Langdon. If it’s true he is leaving, then him+18 for pick 6 is a very good deal.

I actually spent 10 minutes to sign up to this forum purely because I couldn't sit by any longer and see people genuinely discussing the possibility of a) trading Sier and/or Langon and/or Thomas, and b) getting our way towards pick 1.
Please remember that your fantasies are simply just that - fantasies. You literally have nothing to do with the list management of this club (thank Christ), and the mere thought of trading 3 Grand Final members in what is clearly such a close, tight-knit group would somehow manage to put a smile on the faces of club administrators only 48 hours after the ultimate heartbreak due to the hilarity of the suggestion.

Anyone suggesting or agreeing with this is so deluded and dis-jointed from the running of a football club that it genuinely shocks me.

Sier is going nowhere. Thomas is going nowhere. The only possibility of Langdon going anywhere is due to his own choice should it happen (re. contract status) - there is no chance in hell that the club will actively look to move him on.

We were 5 points off a premiership, yet (certain) people are almost alluding towards a small re-build by bringing in 2 kids via these magical top 5 picks with the belief that this will somehow bring us closer to going one step better in 2019? Once again - anyone suggesting this just has no concept of AFL football.

Had to get that off my chest.

To contribute further to this thread (and this is for my fellow posters with a greater than 35% knowledge of football) - we require a mature body down back. Steve May is ideal, and with the return of Dunn (and hopefully Reid and Moore, but who knows with those two), we are looking a level-up already. We will be taking 2 academy boys at a minimum - I don't expect either of these boys to improve us straight away, but it's a genuine possibility that they would.

As always, there will be a twist or two over the next fortnight - but trading required players from a clearly tight group to move places up in the draft? Get a grip.

PS. Hi, I'm new to the forum.
Whilst I agree trading Sier, Thomas and Langdon is beyond stupid people are entitled to their opinions.

I'd rather we not spent our capital on May and gamble on enough of Moore, Dunn, Reid or even McLarty being fit enough to get through a season. I don't think you get bang for your buck giving away first rounders for full backs when we already have some reasonably effective (albeit injured) full backs and you can recruit from state leagues or as rejects of other clubs lists.

We should use our spending power on midfielders or forwards where you really do get what you pay for. Jack Martin, Gaff or Shiel should be the priority imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol of course you conveniently rely on 'career averages' because that includes his first 5 seasons when he was a kid :thumbsu:. Pointless arguing with someone who won't read the numbers in their proper context :(

The "average" also include the far more numerous years when he has been a gun.

That's why comparison to the average in meaningful - if he was tracking below average in ALL stats then you would have a case.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree trading Sier, Thomas and Langdon is beyond stupid people are entitled to their opinions.

I'd rather we not spent our capital on May and gamble on enough of Moore, Dunn, Reid or even McLarty being fit enough to get through a season. I don't think you get bang for your buck giving away first rounders for full backs when we already have some reasonably effective (albeit injured) full backs and you can recruit from state leagues or as rejects of other clubs lists.

We should use our spending power on midfielders or forwards where you really do get what you pay for. Jack Martin, Gaff or Shiel should be the priority imo.

Absolutely - everyone is entitled to their opinion. However when you see these kinds of comments (not to mention Pendlebury being 'finished' by this time next year - I can't even start on that), it just strikes me as such a complete waste of time and energy to both write, and read. Just my two cents.

McLarty is an important name to bring up - it's a shame that we haven't been able to see him on the big stage as yet. His VFL form has been a bit of a mixed bag so far, however this year seemed more good than bad. On paper he is essentially everything we'd love to bring into the club - a defender with a big frame, strong body, very good hands and young. A bonus is that he's of great character. His non-selection so far may show that the club are reserved on him, although he did manage to crack the emergencies on multiple occasions so perhaps I'm making something out of nothing there.

Regarding Jack Martin - he'd be a dream. Highly doubt that Gold Coast would allow him to leave, certainly if May (in addition to Lynch) is on the way out.

I think I missed something. Where did this Langdon rumour start?

Been doing the rounds for a few weeks that there is interest in his services.

Whether or not people agree with Knightmare's comments what is right is that at times you need to trade surplus talent to get required talent. Aish is talented however does he improve our side significantly by being in it? did we lose anything by not having him in it? if no to either answer, then a trade is at least worth discussing.

Sier is 50 shades of grey...meaning some have him as easily tradeable to people accused of losing their marbles and knowing nothing of football, if a trade is suggested. However, how many times have we lost games this year because of our mids (which is supposed to be our strong suit). Personally, I love the guy and I believe we need as many big bodied mids as possible because our midfield was ragdolled by the size of WCE. However, if we have 15 mids can we afford to lose one with talent to bring a list need in?.

Lets be realistic... Packaging Oxley, Smith & to a lesser extent Thomas, is going to get us to parts of F**k all. Decent players are not going to land in our lap.

After the weekend I have changed my mind...as to what we require more...a KPD or a KPF...we need a KPF. Mihocek is not our answer for a second tall. Once that avenue broke down (again against WCE), we became predictable.
Yes to get talent in you usually have to give something good to get them.
Aish is ok, can see why one would trade him, sier, no thanks could be anything, and not surplus to our needs, he is exactly what we need.
I always thought for a while now the trading of those three is for laughs rather an being serious.
But one of the knights thoughts, was more gutting the team to get good high talent, but the risk to the team within is really important Langdon, Moore, Sier and one other plus two firsts was not going to go down well within the playing group
If we where on the edge of fall of the cliff, then yes, but we are not.

Absolutely - everyone is entitled to their opinion. However when you see these kinds of comments (not to mention Pendlebury being 'finished' by this time next year - I can't even start on that), it just strikes me as such a complete waste of time and energy to both write, and read. Just my two cents.

McLarty is an important name to bring up - it's a shame that we haven't been able to see him on the big stage as yet. His VFL form has been a bit of a mixed bag so far, however this year seemed more good than bad. On paper he is essentially everything we'd love to bring into the club - a defender with a big frame, strong body, very good hands and young. A bonus is that he's of great character. His non-selection so far may show that the club are reserved on him, although he did manage to crack the emergencies on multiple occasions so perhaps I'm making something out of nothing there.

Regarding Jack Martin - he'd be a dream. Highly doubt that Gold Coast would allow him to leave, certainly if May (in addition to Lynch) is on the way out.
Sadly I stand by it, his drop off this season has been alarming imo. To put it another way he's gone from a our clear best midfielder to probably our 4th best in one season - Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom are all clearly better now - by next season it is 5th best if De Goey moves into the midfield which is likely imo.

Maybe retiring this time next year is an exaggeration because imo he can retire when he wants, however, his days of meaningful contribution are fast coming to an end. I don't think he has the scope of players like Hodge or Burgoyne to move into defence and be a quality player. I was really disappointed with his finals series, as I keep on repeating his numbers were poor, it was littered with mistakes he never used to make, and he wasn't receiving any attention from the opposition. In the face of Sidebottom getting the hard tag we really needed him to stand up in the GF and he didn't

With McClarty I've always thought he looked AFL quality when I've watched him in the seconds, but always a few seasons away because he's built like a fridge and lacks ta big engine. I understand that he's currently uncontracted and there is a bit of school of thought that he might be a surprise delisting which would be disappointing.

He's last 3 years have been very consistent. There has been a slight drop in some areas but an increase in others.

Sadly I stand by it, his drop off this season has been alarming imo. To put it another way he's gone from a our clear best midfielder to probably our 4th best in one season - Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom are all clearly better now - by next season it is 5th best if De Goey moves into the midfield which is likely imo.

Maybe retiring this time next year is an exaggeration because imo he can retire when he wants, however, his days of meaningful contribution are fast coming to an end. I don't think he has the scope of players like Hodge or Burgoyne to move into defence and be a quality player. I was really disappointed with his finals series, as I keep on repeating his numbers were poor, it was littered with mistakes he never used to make, and he wasn't receiving any attention from the opposition. In the face of Sidebottom getting the hard tag we really needed him to stand up in the GF and he didn't

With McClarty I've always thought he looked AFL quality when I've watched him in the seconds, but always a few seasons away because he's built like a fridge and lacks ta big engine. I understand that he's currently uncontracted and there is a bit of school of thought that he might be a surprise delisting which would be disappointing.

How is Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom going past Pendlebury (according to you) a bad things, it means that they are improving.
Penlebury is the #16 rated player in the comp (higher than all players you mentioned)
He was sick for the majority of the finals and i think your overreacting massively.

Gee I'd love to see Moore play flanked by Dunn and May. Reckon we could play all 3 in the one side.

Reckon May is ours. Unless the boys on Triple M were just trying to stir up Ed this morning, it sounded like they knew something.
You don't play with three Key defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back