List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom going past Pendlebury (according to you) a bad things, it means that they are improving.
Penlebury is the #16 rated player in the comp (higher than all players you mentioned)
He was sick for the majority of the finals and i think your overreacting massively.
I hope so

Whilst I agree trading Sier, Thomas and Langdon is beyond stupid people are entitled to their opinions.

I'd rather we not spent our capital on May and gamble on enough of Moore, Dunn, Reid or even McLarty being fit enough to get through a season. I don't think you get bang for your buck giving away first rounders for full backs when we already have some reasonably effective (albeit injured) full backs and you can recruit from state leagues or as rejects of other clubs lists.

We should use our spending power on midfielders or forwards where you really do get what you pay for. Jack Martin, Gaff or Shiel should be the priority imo.
Agree
Why give Dunne another year if your main aim is for May to come in ?. I would say, hang tight at GC and we will guarantee you a spot in 2020. Outside mid speed is needed, Pendles is coming to an end. We either go for Shiel now, or wait for both, Kelly and a free May in 2020 ?

Agree
Why give Dunne another year if your main aim is for May to come in ?. I would say, hang tight at GC and we will guarantee you a spot in 2020. Outside mid speed is needed, Pendles is coming to an end. We either go for Shiel now, or wait for both, Kelly and a free May in 2020 ?
I say we are in win now so would be going whoever could make the most difference to our chances in 2019, 2020. So that would be Shiel, Martin or Gaff if available.

Dude. He's very clearly not as clean, is getting mown down and dishing up more shank kicks (rare for him). He looks gaunt this year. I don't know if the babies sleeping in the room but he's been well below his best this year.

Dude - no one said he was having his best year!!!.

But his STATS do hold up and don't support the down cast view by some here.

Some here are trying to make a case for a poor season based on a poor Final series, which is just misguided.

Absolutely - everyone is entitled to their opinion. However when you see these kinds of comments (not to mention Pendlebury being 'finished' by this time next year - I can't even start on that), it just strikes me as such a complete waste of time and energy to both write, and read. Just my two cents.

McLarty is an important name to bring up - it's a shame that we haven't been able to see him on the big stage as yet. His VFL form has been a bit of a mixed bag so far, however this year seemed more good than bad. On paper he is essentially everything we'd love to bring into the club - a defender with a big frame, strong body, very good hands and young. A bonus is that he's of great character. His non-selection so far may show that the club are reserved on him, although he did manage to crack the emergencies on multiple occasions so perhaps I'm making something out of nothing there.

Regarding Jack Martin - he'd be a dream. Highly doubt that Gold Coast would allow him to leave, certainly if May (in addition to Lynch) is on the way out.

Would have liked to see McLarty in the seniors this year down back ( especially when Dunn got injured and Moore had his hamstring issues ) , you never know how it could have turned out if he got that experience, he was in a great patch of form mid season. Could have done what Brown did in 2010 GF for us.

Dude - no one said he was having his best year!!!.

But his STATS do hold up and don't support the down cast view by some here.

Some here are trying to make a case for a poor season based on a poor Final series, which is just misguided.

I won't assume he's down for the count. It might be being a new dad, an illness, but it definitely could be father time. His year this year was a noticeable step down.

Maybe retiring this time next year is an exaggeration because imo he can retire when he wants, however, his days of meaningful contribution are fast coming to an end. I don't think he has the scope of players like Hodge or Burgoyne to move into defence and be a quality player. I was really disappointed with his finals series, as I keep on repeating his numbers were poor, it was littered with mistakes he never used to make, and he wasn't receiving any attention from the opposition. In the face of Sidebottom getting the hard tag we really needed him to stand up in the GF and he didn't

It wasn't his best season, however he still contributed well. The notion that those players going past him as being a blight on Pendlebury are dubious - Treloar is younger and is naturally progressing into the elite midfielder that he will become. Adams has added a lot more consistency to his game and (although still slightly flawed) has neatened up his disposal - more through choosing the better option than anything else. Sidey, for mine, has improved only marginally - in that he has been A grade for many years now.

All 4, including Pendlebury, our now elite in my mind. Instead of discussing Pendlebury dropping off, we should be smiling widely that we have 4 elite midfielders in our starting 22.

Throw the farm at getting May this year, whatever it takes. Next year we can get him as a free agent, but we need him now.

We have Will Kelly and academy prospects available, take them, ignore the draft.

Look for a gun mid to replace Pendles next year (or maybe even the year after), there is no rush to do that now, we have arguably the best midfield in the league.

And we won't have the ammunition anyway if we have to throw the farm at getting May.

One piece at a time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think we do not need to throw the kitchen sink on May.
I still strongly believe Moore if fit is a better option then may.
if we loose Langdon for pick 6 i would be content but not happy i would take that pick to the so called superdraft for key position players.
I would try and pick May up if possible in a player exchange ie maybe for Mihocek J Thomas and Greenwood. or forget it

Worth a Look?

Pass. Struggled with injury a bit this year but not worth what they'd be after. They're just trying to extract some value for him prior to his FA qualification in 2019.

Sadly I stand by it, his drop off this season has been alarming imo. To put it another way he's gone from a our clear best midfielder to probably our 4th best in one season - Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom are all clearly better now - by next season it is 5th best if De Goey moves into the midfield which is likely imo.

Maybe retiring this time next year is an exaggeration because imo he can retire when he wants, however, his days of meaningful contribution are fast coming to an end. I don't think he has the scope of players like Hodge or Burgoyne to move into defence and be a quality player. I was really disappointed with his finals series, as I keep on repeating his numbers were poor, it was littered with mistakes he never used to make, and he wasn't receiving any attention from the opposition. In the face of Sidebottom getting the hard tag we really needed him to stand up in the GF and he didn't.
And yet he made the top 40 All Australian list?

Go figure.

Hes out of contract not a free agent. In a similar trade a few years back Joel Hamling went from Dogs (after they won the flag) to Freo for pick 35. We'd prob only get a second round pick.

Which in all fairness is about right, as much as we'd love to get our hands on a first rounder I just don't see that happening......and it's partly irrelevant nowadays what contract is offered to players when trying to figure out there worth cause there all way over paid, it's just the way footy has become.

If Freo trade Neale to the lions then maybe they need to try and get hold of their 2nd rounder which is currently 22 and I see this as around the mark for Langdon.

If we struggle to land a top key defender and/or lose Langdon/Moore is it worth picking up Ryan Schoenmakers?
I know he wasn't great this year, but is still only 27 and would cost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back