List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and it will be rinse and report. Got to get them while you can. I can see it now. next year when cant get anyone people will say we should have taken Shiel last year.

If we suck again we probably won't be attractive, get around 9th spot again though and I think we would be looking much more likely to get the players we want. FA is not going to slow down. Players will get a taste for moving, it's important to give the impression of progressing even if it's a North style progression.

We are trying to get Shiel but if he doesn't it's no big deal. He might end up regretting it when he's at Carlton and we go better than them. Might motivate a few of our guys to perform.

Listening to Terry Wallace on trade radio he said Sam Walsh will be pick #1. Then he speculated that Gold Coast with picks 2 & 3 could go one of two ways, depending on how they see things:

1. Draft best available which would probably be Lukosius and one other player, or;

2. Draft players that can structurally replace Lynch and May with the mindset of also retaining them in the future, which could involve drafting the King twins back-to-back.

If scenario 2 plays out then suddenly pick #4 comes into play on draft night with live trading. Lukosius and Rankine would still be on the board but unlikely to last beyond pick 6.

If Saints still had pick #4 on draft night (depending on what happens with Dylan Shiel) it would be interesting to see what the SA clubs would offer to get access to pick #4. Especially the Crows who have 2 first round draft picks this year.

Presumably if scenario 1 plays out then the lure of live trading for pick #4 diminishes among the SA clubs, even though there will still be 1-2 outstanding SA prospects on the board.

But it will be interesting to see how it plays out on draft night regardless.
Also be nice to take one ourselves

If we suck again we probably won't be attractive, get around 9th spot again though and I think we would be looking much more likely to get the players we want. FA is not going to slow down. Players will get a taste for moving, it's important to give the impression of progressing even if it's a North style progression.

We are trying to get Shiel but if he doesn't it's no big deal. He might end up regretting it when he's at Carlton and we go better than them. Might motivate a few of our guys to perform.

Still think it’s the hawks if they can organise some sort of trade. If he goes to Carlton they will look much better. I do know one thing. It won’t motivate our players

But did he take him on the Spirit of Tasmania to meet Richo for a wine?

Nah. Roo and gears took him on a train to Frankston for some dimmies down in the Pines

Cop that Carlscum!

I am behind on this thread so it has probably already been mentioned but Sam Walsh was asked which clubs had spoken to him. He said just the bottom clubs and GWS.

GWS obviously think they will have pick #1. Says to me Shiel to Carlton. Lock it in.
Spoke to Sam the other day. He said Carlton didn't give much away but told him they will not be trading pick #1. St.Kilda told him that we will pick him at #4 if he is available. But that seems highly unlikely unfortunately.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah. Roo and gears took him on a train to Frankston for some dimmies down in the Pines

Cop that Carlscum!

They conducted an impromptu test of his agility by watching him dodge the stray needles on the ground

Can you please refer to me were Wingard has said he doesn't want to come with us?

Thanks
Pretty simple really. Unlike some here I trust the media involved in drafting have more idea than anyone on here. They get plenty wrong but seem to know which clubs are interested in players or vice versa. In wingard case we haven’t been mentioned either way so I will go with them. You can pull out Franklin to prove that they don’t always know. I will go with the odds

Pretty simple really. Unlike some here I trust the media involved in drafting have more idea than anyone on here. They get plenty wrong but seem to know which clubs are interested in players or vice versa. In wingard case we haven’t been mentioned either way so I will go with them. You can pull out Franklin to prove that they don’t always know. I will go with the odds
1m x 5 years might get his attention though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here experts on draft tampering? Wouldn't be against the concept of splitting pick 4 for two first rounders from a SA club and nabbing the King twins. Tanking the interview shouldn't be too hard, right? :cool:
Jake Carlisle, a burning dwarf and Chicken Nixon would get it done.

Every so called football journalist is saying that Dylan Shiel will play with either Carlton or Hawthorn. What they don’t tell us is how each club satisfies GWS.

Shiel is contracted next year. GWS won’t accept anything less than an early 1st RDP this year and maybe a bit extra. I can’t see Carlton diluting pick #1 or Hawthorn having the currency to trade-in an early pick.

If Shiel wants to come home then maybe St Kilda is the only feasible option he has. We have pick #4 and apparently it is tradeable. Otherwise I can see GWS enforcing Shiel’s contract next year as they still see themselves as a contender.

Lazy journalists crapping on about the genius of Hawthorn or Shiel being influenced by travelling on a private jet does not deal with reality of meeting the requirements of GWS.

They want picks and not players with their salary cap issues. I think GWS will be prepared to hold firm if necessary. Although Shiel is not my preference he must still be a huge chance of coming to St Kilda. Logically it’s difficult to come to any other conclusion.

Every so called football journalist is saying that Dylan Shiel will play with either Carlton or Hawthorn. What they don’t tell us is how each club satisfies GWS.

Shiel is contracted next year. GWS won’t accept anything less than an early 1st RDP this year and maybe a bit extra. I can’t see Carlton diluting pick #1 or Hawthorn having the currency to trade-in an early pick.

If Shiel wants to come home then maybe St Kilda is the only feasible option he has. We have pick #4 and apparently it is tradeable. Otherwise I can see GWS enforcing Shiel’s contract next year as they still see themselves as a contender.

Lazy journalists crapping on about the genius of Hawthorn or Shiel being influenced by travelling on a private jet does not deal with reality of meeting the requirements of GWS.

They want picks and not players with their salary cap issues. I think GWS will be prepared to hold firm if necessary. Although Shiel is not my preference he must still be a huge chance of coming to St Kilda. Logically it’s difficult to come to any other conclusion.

The last paragraph may be the exact reason he get to the Hawks. Salary Cap issues. The only way we get Shiel IMO is we have to be very close to what he wants. If he has no interest at all he wont come. I know GWS hold the upper hand but every club would know the salary cap is stuffed and they also know next year he is likely to only get a mid range pick at best if he goes as a FA.

Well I call crap on that because I know for a fact that he is considering us. That's from the horses mouth. Not saying he will but he is considering it.

Haha, when I left Australia, I dumped my duel fuel 1974 Kingswood Stationwagon with benxh-style front seats outside the Salvos with my old mattress in the back. Always wondered what happened to it. So many beautiful memories with that car but a lot of frustration too, a lot of failure and breakdowns, a lot of time spent getting fixed. Hope it's not still there it was over a decade ago.
don't worry, someone will still be using the plates to steal petrol, or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back