List Mgmt. Delisting and drafting is almost as fun as trading: The trade and draft megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycett will be a big loss make no bones about it, after watching the fox replays of our season he was a monster...at times.
And then at other times....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I would be pretty dissapointed if we gave up brander, hopefully the eags bulk at that.

Offer next year's first pick aNd this year's pick 37 for Kelly and 49.

49 for hickey.

Take 20 and 21 to the draft.

Pick 70 and parto for ports 48.
Use 48 on Cameron.

Delist karps

In: Kelly, hickey, 20, 21 and Cameron (48)
Out: emac, Lycett, parto, lecras (retire) and karps
This would be an excellent trade period for us

Lycett will be a big loss make no bones about it, after watching the fox replays of our season he was a monster...at times.
Isn't durable.

Pathetic number of hitouts per game. Tap ruck work is poor at best.

Can't soccer a goal from 2cm out.

Jumps for ruck contests 5 minutes before the teams arrive to the ground.

Can't a slot a goal from 15m out in a grand final. Shanks another shot 10m (mercifully into Darlings lap) in the same game under no pressure.

Tries to backflip after making his intentions clear he'd like to return home.

He's just not a very good ruckman. Competent yes, with Vardys help, but he's no great loss. I'd rather the compo pick.

Yep. Cash in our chips while his value is at it's absolute highest. Well and truly inflated due to the lack of other rucks on the market and our premiership season.

He's a premiership player, he played a key role, but we'd be silly to pass up generous compensation to retain him.

That would annoy the s**t out of me personally.

Yep. Cash in our chips while his value is at it's absolute highest. Well and truly inflated due to the lack of other rucks on the market and our premiership season.

He's a premiership player, he played a key role, but we'd be silly to pass up generous compensation to retain him.

That would annoy the s**t out of me personally.
Yep, as much as love the big man he's probably not worth anything like 600K per year for 5 years.

Isn't durable.

Pathetic number of hitouts per game. Tap ruck work is poor at best.

Can't soccer a goal from 2cm out.

Jumps for ruck contests 5 minutes before the teams arrive to the ground.

Can't a slot a goal from 15m out in a grand final. Shanks another shot 10m (mercifully into Darlings lap) in the same game under no pressure.

Tries to backflip after making his intentions clear he'd like to return home.

He's just not a very good ruckman. Competent yes, with Vardys help, but he's no great loss. I'd rather the compo pick.
What will you eat if he re signs?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we had a domination victory this year, I’d like to keep Lycett as he gets us closer to that cultural victory.

Yeah best stay away from the scientific victory. Essendon tried that a few years and it didn't go well. We just need to load up some trebuchets and phalanxes and we will be fine. Hanging gardens and the great library would be cherry on top.

While we had a domination victory this year, I’d like to keep Lycett as he gets us closer to that cultural victory.
I like hugging it out as much as the next person on here, (particularly with Avishkas mum) we're all in a good space after winning the flag...

You make a fair point, but for arguements sake, you'd prefer we carried a below average ruckman on our list for a long period for sentimentality?

Might as well give big 'orse Fraser another 3 years on our list because he's a good bloke then. Professional Industy I say, club comes first. He was legit about to leave.

Jarrod Brander is going precisely nowhere. Ludicrous ‘journalism’ from what’s his face and pie in the sky wishful thinking from the Geelong board.
We took Brander over Kelly knowing he wouldn’t break into the side for a while. Don’t see how winning a flag or Kelly’s season changes our perspective. Kennedy is still right at the end and we aren’t crying out for plug and play mids.

If Lycett goes, do we prioritise Lobb? Or is Kelly the priority, with a makeshift ruckman in the mix?
Cheap rucks please.

How many recent premiership teams have had a dominant ruckman? Regardless of game style - 'precise kicking' (e.g. us) or 'chaos ball' (e.g. Tigs, Pies, Dees) - sharking taps works.

(Side note: imo we're the only team in the comp at the moment that can effectively switch our game style to suit the situ; we're perfectly capable of running with 'chaos' and manic forward pressure as it suits our fleet of quick and agile small forwards but just as easily can slow the play and hit up a target in the F50 because of our dominant talls...kudos to Simmo et al.)

Our rucks matched or nullified Grundy and Gawn throughout the finals series but we lost the hitout count comfortably in every game. So long as the dominant ruck isn't giving silver service (i.e. the opponent is not applying enough pressure) it's not a big deal. We just need flexible (in terms of position) rucks that can compete.

Yeah look, as much as it would be a “feel good” thing, it’s too big a commitment to make to an OK player.

The compo pick would be handy to secure Kelly, and we can go with Hickey/Roughead/Clarke/Anonymous tall player for a season while Nic gets healthy.

You make a fair point, but for arguements sake, you'd prefer we carried a below average ruckman on our list for a long period for sentimentality?
I just don’t think there’s any ruckman floating around in the trade ether that are substantially better than Scott. Lobby certainly isn’t it, Hickey and Roughead and whoever else are OK but no real upgrade IMO. If we could get a really promising junior like English then sure.

I just don’t think there’s any ruckman floating around in the trade ether that are substantially better than Scott. Lobby certainly isn’t it, Hickey and Roughead and whoever else are OK but no real upgrade IMO. If we could get a really promising junior like English then sure.
But one may come along in the next couple of years and we've just tied ourselves to Lycett long term for big money? Not worth it imo

But one may come along in the next couple of years and we've just tied ourselves to Lycett long term for big money? Not worth it imo

That man is English.

Need that blonde dopey campaigner on our list as soon as possible IMO. Contract is up after next year, someone has to plant the seed with him.

Happy to get a stop gap until then.

Hickey just as good as lycett and 1/2 the price .
Pocket pick 20 give saints our second .

Offer future 1st for kelly if thats not enough wait a year . Im sure geelong will get the best out of him

If we get Kelly

And we have Shuey, Yeo, Gaff, Redden, Kelly Sheed .....

You can put Polly farmer in the ruck and he can sit in the stands, eat dogs while sipping on margaret river wines and we would still win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back