List Mgmt. Trade and Free Agency Discussion 2018 - Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone played Football Manager? They should make a game like that for AFL. No relegation/promotion system but would sure as fuq fill in the time between seasons

I have been looking at it for some time but there are quite a few legal and technical issues to work through.

The first legal problem is the branding, if the AFL do not own it, they will not allow it. Technically, FM, the world game, that is, uses scouts top apportion attributes to players and backroom staff. They do not just scout their own clubs but scout every player in the division their club is in. Scouts here rate draftee possibilities only so difficult to apportion attributes top players and backroom staff. These are just starter issues, the problems lie a lot deeper than that.

Hawks really seem to want Wingard..... if Port continues to press and bends the Hawks over I reckon we will have a strong chance to make a play for Scully......

Hopefully we are waiting to pounce!

920x920.jpg

I have been looking at it for some time but there are quite a few legal and technical issues to work through.

The first legal problem is the branding, if the AFL do not own it, they will not allow it. Technically, FM, the world game, that is, uses scouts top apportion attributes to players and backroom staff. They do not just scout their own clubs but scout every player in the division their club is in. Scouts here rate draftee possibilities only so difficult to apportion attributes top players and backroom staff. These are just starter issues, the problems lie a lot deeper than that.
I was addicted to FM years ago. Surely there would be a market for an AFL game that combines the gameday experience and tactics with trade period list management and salary cap?

I was addicted to FM years ago. Surely there would be a market for an AFL game that combines the gameday experience and tactics with trade period list management and salary cap?

Connect in champion data and hey presto you’ve have stats you need

Hawks really seem to want Wingard..... if Port continues to press and bends the Hawks over I reckon we will have a strong chance to make a play for Scully......

Hopefully we are waiting to pounce!
Honestly if Scully has chosen Hawthorn then lets move on and not waste our time. Dont want a bloke at the club that hasnt chosen Richmond FC as his first choice after being told to explore his options.

I would much rather invest the time in someone who plays for the jumper as oppose to the dollar.

If he chose Hawks purely because of money (which we would never know the truth i guess) i say PASS!

On rucks. A decent AFL tap ruck we already have - Soldo. He's a good/better than VFL ruck already. Why trade for that. And we have a potential A grader in CCJ. SO ruck only makes sense if we get genuine quality. Then what do we do with Nank? Think it through list management wise. A taller midfielder that can pinch hit? A mobile ruck? Not as easy as it sounds

Agreed. Soldo is no worse than most 2nd or 3rd string AFL listed ruck from another side. Would like to see us take a state league ruck with a late pick or rookie spot though.

If we dont bring one in, id expect to see Balta or perhaps Chol play a bit more to give Nank a chop out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly if Scully has chosen Hawthorn then lets move on and not waste our time. Dont want a bloke at the club that hasnt chosen Richmond FC as his first choice after being told to explore his options.

I would much rather invest the time in someone who plays for the jumper as oppose to the dollar.

If he chose Hawks purely because of money (which we would never know the truth i guess) i say PASS!
and until he officially nominates Hawthorn, we will sit by the tree and be waiting......

I honestly don't think we'll get anyone else. Don't necessarily think that it is a good thing because midfield and ruck departments will probably end up fairly weak especially in terms of depth, but it is what it is. Try to find something in the draft and then work out game style that suits our new best 22.

so in the event the Hawks cannot get a deal done and Scully nominates us, you would still be a no? I strongly doubt it.....

I honestly don't think we'll get anyone else. Don't necessarily think that it is a good thing because midfield and ruck departments will probably end up fairly weak especially in terms of depth, but it is what it is. Try to find something in the draft and then work out game style that suits our new best 22.
Or some of the players in the VFL will step up and become that depth, ever thought of that as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back