List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think tomorrow will be the day for getting Beams officially.

Looked like we were edging close to a deal today. I wouldn't be able to stomach it if it went into Wednesday.
What fun is that? lol They'll torture us til the last few hours. But it sure would be nice if it can get signed off tomorrow. Or at least they can agree, and then lodge the paperwork on wed.

The depth we have around the ball is frightening.

Keep rotating them through, so much difficulty for opposition.

Grundy feeding:

Pendlebury
Treloar
Adams
Sidebottom
Sier
De Goey
Beams
Wells

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

how good would our match simulation midfield matchups be in pre season - can get the old band back together verses the young bulls:

Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom
VS
Adams, DeGoey, Treloar

I must admit to knowing very little about Roughead other than he’s been around a while and looks to be able to play KPD based on some YouTube clip I just watched. Are they likely to be bringing him in to matchup on the giant KPF types or are we going to see him as ruck cover? I assume he’s not mobile enough for a Leigh Brown type role - also acknowledging that role probably does not fit within our current game style.

Still think Greenwood is best 22 for next year - still has a role to play unless some of our other midfielders can get some mongrel and learn to tag. Mayne should be safe unless he regresses this offseason. Possibly Aish at the expense of Beams, but Aish was playing in defence the past few weeks so don’t see Beams taking his role in the team.

Sier who only plays midfield for 60% game time seems the most likely candidate unless he has a massive preseason.
No, Greenwood is very limited. Doesn't have any attacking flair at all, even though he is a tagger. Mayne could easily do that job and provide more.
Sier came on in leaps and bounds, there is no way he is aqueezed out.

No, Greenwood is very limited. Doesn't have any attacking flair at all, even though he is a tagger. Mayne could easily do that job and provide more.
Sier came on in leaps and bounds, there is no way he is aqueezed out.
I enjoy Greenwood’s mongrel. Apart from Adams, Maynard and Dunn - hoping some of these other guys can bring that to the team and make Greenwood incumbent.

idontbelieveyou.gif

No chance.
I'm a fan of Phillips in what he's doing as such a young player, but I can't help but feel he's a little bit limited. Just because he's by no means quick and by no means elite by foot, especially not on both legs.

If someone was willing to pay up (and pay up big) you'd have to consider it on the basis that Beams is coming which means Sidebottom/Stephenson can probably take his wing spot.

Tbh, I even think Nathan Murphy looks like a smooth winger.
iQ may push onto the wing.
WHE.
Obviously, Stephenson.
Even the younger Brown boy.
Phillips and Thomas are juicy trade-bait.

If our list can stay healthy (finally) adding Beams edges us into premiership favouritism for 2019 I'd say, doesn't mean much as we gotta perform and climb the mountain again, but Beamer makes us a 2-3 goal better side then our 2018 squad.
Not sure about favouritism but helps us stay in the pack.

So here's my thinking:

• Pick 57 (Fas compo) to Bulldogs for Roughead, and maybe a fourth rounder (63 or 64).

• Pick 18 and future first rounder to Lions for Beams + future third or fourth rounder.

• Use points to match for Isaac Quaynor and Will Kelly, potentially going into slight deficit. Rookie list Atu B and Bailey Wraith.

• Have enough points in the bank to match for Thariel Ter next year.
Does this sound reasonably doable?

Edit: I just saw the comments about Ter. Maybe a rookie listing?
Roughead will go for a bag of chips.
He’s unsigned.
No other takers.
He will go to the preseason draft if he wants.
I doubt we use the Fas compo on him.

-====-

This is part 2 of this thread.

Continued in Part 3 - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/trade-f-a-2018-2019-part-3.1207418/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back