List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do Gold Coast even want 2019 picks. They desperately need prospects now.

Still got 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds this year.

My guess, they're stockpiling picks to chase a few players next year. They added 4x top 10 picks in 2016, Scrimshaw now departed, they'll add picks 2 & 3 to the squad this year, so they've loaded up on top end talent. I think they'll be chasing a few blokes in the 15-22 range at other clubs or struggling to get games like Horlin-Smith, Ellis and Miles to fill the 22 with.

Brisbane will be gunning for our 2 firsts now while giving back GC’s future second. We’ve lost our position of power now that they have 19 to get Neale with. Rats.

Gold Coasts futurec 2nd will almost certainly be pick 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michael Gleeson saying we're offering 18 and next year's first for Beams, pick 30 and pick 52. Lions apparently resisting giving pick 52.

I thought they said trade was Happening now?

Didn’t they just say the mega deal won’t involve the Pies? Brisbane are getting 19 which means they don’t need 18

We were included in the mega-deal because of Brisbane needing our pick 18 for Neale.

They acquired Pick 19, so no longer need to include us in the trade, doesn't mean they don't want 2 firsts for Beams, which we still have.

So why does that mean we can't trade for Beams?

I’d be bitterly disappointed if we allow Brisbane to now bend us over a barrel, again for a 29 year old mid we don’t have a need for.

Which is what’s the likely scenario.

Michael Gleeson saying we're offering 18 and next year's first for Beams, pick 30 and pick 52. Lions apparently resisting giving pick 52.

This is a very good deal if we can get 30 & 52.

As it stands, we probably won't use this years pick 18, and next years will get pushed back because we'll be in deficit.

So getting 30 & 52 basically gives us our pick 18 back this year...and therefore it's just the loss of next years first, which as I said probably would have got pushed back anyway.

Brisbane now don't need our pick to land Neale.
Brisbane may prefer to keep Beams to the end of his contract (Beams has said he is okay with doing that) rather than taking 2018 #18 and a 2019 pick around the same mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back