Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast given up on Kelly I reckon.

Still, doesnt mean much given how long the day is.

Trade Radio reporting Adelaide aren't even at Marvel Stadium.

itsnothappening.gif

You can already write the article for our trade wrap:

"Adelaide, with picks 8, 13, 16, 21 and 72 will take a strong hand to the draft. List Manager Justin Reid said that this year's draft pool is as strong as any in recent years."

"Adelaide, with picks 8, 13, 16, 21 and 72 will take a strong hand to the draft. List Manager Justin Reid said that this year's draft pool is as strong as any in recent years."
Nothing incorrect there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but at least this year it is true...!!

While it might not mean nothing, I think it is a confirmation that we are holding on to our picks for the time being at least. I don't think we will do any other deals today. Might explore our options in the picks swapping period and on draft night but not today I don't think.

You see, this is the phrase I really hate!

"Oh we punch above our weight. Yay us!"

This phrase is nothing more than an excuse for failure, it's "We tried really hard and, really, we achieved more than we could have reasonably expected, so finishing where we did is reasonable."

We should not be punching above our weight, WE SHOULD BE MAKING THE OTHER TEAMS PUNCH ABOVE THEIR WEIGHT!!! We should be setting the bar, not trying to achieve levels set by other teams. I know this sounds emotional, but it seems to be a South Australian character trait that we have to try to punch at Victorian or New South Wales standards, kind of a "look at me!" annoying little brother type of thing.

FFS just for a change I'd love to see US set the standard and be the ones the eastern states aspire to. Unfortunately I fear this won't happen in my life time.

It already did, assuming you were born pre-1997.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back