Autopsy 2018 post-trade week wrap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly what a haul. Great war chest of picks to play with to move up the draft order.
We've only got 3 live picks so our 50's picks will go to waste if we don't trade them or our earlier selections. We can only take as many picks as we have free list spots to the draft.
My hope is we trade up into the early 20's with 30&35, and take the best we can get with 18 and ??. Then get McFadyen with 55 and a small deficit into 2019.

10/10 for me.
I dont think we could have done any better than that with what we had.
Genuine A grade talent brought in (Neale). 29 yo Beams unhappy and traded for two firsts and change. Probably only a couple of years left in him with those shoulders. Trusting our medical/fitness staff to get Adams right. Plus a swath of later picks to buy McFadyen and roll the dice a little on later picks. AND still in first round. Remarkable work!

That is a nice little war chest of assets, the only thing we are missing is a high 2019 first.

8/10 would do again.

Nek Minut, the Pies drop out of the 8 in 2019 and Brisbane have an unlikely finals Beth at 7th. Heh heh

I say 7/10 Beams be a loss... Hope Adams/McCarthy get fit
Wonder if we look to downgrade a listed player to rookie for a spot? Same $ just get a list spot back use 4 picks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not happy with how Beams conducted himself & how he left the club. However I think that we did ok under the circumstances. Was good that we left Collingwood hanging right to the end. Was a masterstroke by Noble to separate the two big trades, otherwise we may have fared not as well. I hope that the Collingwood players get a 22 week flu starting from Round 1. Welcome Lachie Neale, you'll be a great acqusition to our club...close the door on the way out Dayne Beams!

10/10 for me.
I dont think we could have done any better than that with what we had.
Genuine A grade talent brought in (Neale). 29 yo Beams unhappy and traded for two firsts and change. Probably only a couple of years left in him with those shoulders. Trusting our medical/fitness staff to get Adams right. Plus a swath of later picks to buy McFadyen and roll the dice a little on later picks. AND still in first round. Remarkable work!
Agree........often poison to a team to have an unhappy member/distructive influence to the group.....especially a youngish group so hats off to the hierarchy and a BIG feather in ur cap for getting Neale....an upstanding Citzn.

It's an 8/10 if Beams seriously did not want to play for us under any circumstance, the words he spoke was that if a deal couldn't be done he'd be fine to stay but it seems that wasn't the case.

7/10 if Beams stayed was a viable option and he was speaking the truth.

Adams + McCarthy now need to stay injury free and perform to turn this period into a 9/10, as opposed to a 6/10.

So 8/10 for now.

Our trade this morning with the suns is still a bit curious and possibly not totally necessary

If it wasn't for that trade I'd say 9/10 but that probably knocks it down to 8/10

A pass trading wise. The fact we lured A-Grade talent like Neale obviously makes this trade period a huge win. Obviously hurts us without Beams in 2019 but better for the long-term with those handy picks.

Don't think we're done just yet - suspect we might try and use 18, 30 & 35 to shift around to maximise our intake on draft night in regards to what is happening with McFayden.

Our trade this morning with the suns is still a bit curious and possibly not totally necessary

If it wasn't for that trade I'd say 9/10 but that probably knocks it down to 8/10
Until the Neale trade got done Collingwood had a lot of leverage on us, and wouldn't have offered that deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back