Autopsy 2018 post-trade week wrap!

Remove this Banner Ad

You sure are. A dozen other clubs would have grabbed him if available.
Which clubs were they?
It is not like he was de listed, went to the market, got no offers then we came along after everyone had the chance on him and passed. He literally asked to be delisted due to our offer (according to multiple sources). So yes it appears in this instance you are wrong.
So one person is saying a dozen clubs would have taken Lyons and another is saying he was shopped around and no one interested.

Got it.:drunk:

Im seeing this the other way re; Dew.

He’s come in and is the sucker left dealing with all the sh!t from the past administration.

Lyons is the only ‘strange one’ leaving this period imo and despite me being happy to get him it seems to be about standards setting and fitness professionalism not some of the more personality clash issues, immaturity and off field unprofessional issues that were implied with Leppa, Hanley, Rockliff (who was moved on by Farah and noble) and some other things at the time.

(also the above is what has been implied with Neale coming to us, wasn’t happy about some of the off field and on field behaviours of Freo recruits like Mccarthy and Bennell and diminishing culture of professionalism)

Next year dew will have ‘his team’ and have set a new culture with various other new administrative figures at the club. It seems more positive than the eade years.

Should we start a pool on how many times Dylan will refer to Lyons as the guy delisted by the Suns?

I think it'll be over 100 before the end of next season
My guess is about the same amount of times as your criticism's of Dayne Beams for anything he did last year.

As an aside, I haven't knocked Jarryd Lyons at all; just questioned the club's interest in a player delisted and dropped multiple time by one of the worst clubs in the league last season and by offering that same player a 3 year deal (and not learning by giving players of such ilk too long a deal).

To be fair, I did imply he was a hack, which I'll admit is probably a tad harsh, however I stand by my questioning of not being somewhat concerned why we'd give 3 years to a guy that was delisted and dropped multiple time by the Suns of all clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which clubs were they?

So one person is saying a dozen clubs would have taken Lyons and another is saying he was shopped around and no one interested.

Got it.:drunk:
Did you see the bit where I said it is NOT like...? Can you read? I literally said the opposite to what you think I said.

My guess is about the same amount of times as your criticism's of Dayne Beams for anything he did last year.

As an aside, I haven't knocked Jarryd Lyons at all; just questioned the club's interest in a player delisted and dropped multiple time by one of the worst clubs in the league last season and by offering that same player a 3 year deal (and not learning by giving players of such ilk too long a deal).

To be fair, I did imply he was a hack, which I'll admit is probably a tad harsh, however I stand by my questioning of not being somewhat concerned why we'd give 3 years to a guy that was delisted and dropped multiple time by the Suns of all clubs.

I questioned the 3 years too but it's clear while he has weaknesses he'll still be best 22 and is great pickup at the expense of our last pick in the draft.

We'll be backing for him to improve in a much better system and culture which is probably a fair assumption given how much of a rabble the suns is.

Could be similar to us giving up Crisp which you've been so critical of.

Timeline:

1. GC have end of season review with Lyons, tell him he's further down the depth chart.
2. We get in his ear about an offer.
3. Lyons asks to be de-listed from GC specifically so he can pursue our offer.
4. Is de-listed.
(We are here).
5. Signs with Brisbane.

If this timeline is correct (as reported) then no other clubs were ever given a chance to pursue him. That's why I think it isn't correct to say he was shopped around and no one else wanted him because neither of those things appear to have happened.

Timeline:

1. GC have end of season review with Lyons, tell him he's further down the depth chart.
2. We get in his ear about an offer.
3. Lyons asks to be de-listed from GC specifically so he can pursue our offer.
4. Is de-listed.
(We are here).
5. Signs with Brisbane.

If this timeline is correct (as reported) then no other clubs were ever given a chance to pursue him. That's why I think it isn't correct to say he was shopped around and no one else wanted him because neither of those things appear to have happened.
I suggest to listen to Cameron's interview with Whateley this morning. Lyons was shopped around during trade period. No interest according to Cameron. By the way I think he will fit nicely to Lions midfield. But he is not A player as some Melbourne media suggest. Also it appears Lyons had a major ankle surgery this off-season.

I suggest to listen to Cameron's interview with Whateley this morning. Lyons was shopped around during trade period. No interest according to Cameron. By the way I think he will fit nicely to Lions midfield. But he is not A player as some Melbourne media suggest. Also it appears Lyons had a major ankle surgery this off-season.
Considering how quickly they appeared to be willing to de-list him it would be completely believable to me. Neither here nor there though but some may want to use it as evidence that he is a spud.

Did you see the bit where I said it is NOT like...? Can you read? I literally said the opposite to what you think I said.
Perhaps there was no interest after all CarterS ?

I questioned the 3 years too but it's clear while he has weaknesses he'll still be best 22 and is great pickup at the expense of our last pick in the draft.

We'll be backing for him to improve in a much better system and culture which is probably a fair assumption given how much of a rabble the suns is.

Could be similar to us giving up Crisp which you've been so critical of.

Wouldn’t it be great if he turns out to be our Crisp. would it be luck or just damn fine list management?

Meanwhile they won't ask any questions if it was involving a Victorian club like Essendon, Collingwood or Hawthorn.

Just on this, look at this bit regarding Langford. How is this crafty list management? Wouldn't Hawks have a spare spot anyway since he retired?

DESPITE Will Langford's delisting and subsequent retirement, he will be re-drafted by Hawthorn as a rookie next month for list management reasons.

It was necessary since he was contracted until the end of 2019 after signing a four-year deal at the end of 2015.

Langford, 26, was cut by the Hawks and opted to end his career.

WHO'S LEAVING YOUR CLUB? All the latest retirements and delistings

This move will give the Hawks another spot on its senior list.

Hawthorn is believed to be interested in recruiting former St Kilda forward Darren Minchington, either as a delisted free agent or as a rookie.

Minchington, 24, didn't manage to play a senior game this year after being cruelled by injuries, having dealt with hip issues and left knee surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back