2019 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The difficulty of draws are a bit overrated. If we doubled up Carlton instead of Essendon, everyone would be saying it is an easy draw. But the reality is that all that means is the away game at Marvel Stadium would be against Carlton instead of Essendon, so the most it could help us is 1 win. If we are good enough, we can win that game.

Well Round 17 in Tasmania will be a write-off. We can all plan to be overseas that weekend.

A week later would have been perfect i fly out to london on the monday 15th july after that weekend for a 5 week trip around Europe and going to the 1st 2 ashes tests.

Would rather them dish up that crap performance when i am over there instead of it being the last game i watch for 5 weeks.

Get back here on the 20th of August before the last round. Hopefully we will be in contention.

Similar to others I think our double ups could be better but overall think it's a decent enough draw. Happy to give up Friday and Thursday grabs if it gives us more Saturdays and less Sundays. Brute the possible change and round 23 is Sunday (9) and Saturday (12). Even though I won't be travelling to optus next year that's still a nice split, hate Sunday games.

At least we have a decent start. Must go 3-0 and build confidence and go from there. Might sound stupid, but I honestly think Round 1 is make or break for the entire season.

After that, the draw is tough. Most of the away games are against very good sides. Not much margin for error at home, especially with 3 games against WC/Richmond.

Can see us performing reasonably well, but then needing to go 5-1 or 6-0 to end the year for finals. Possible on paper, but not ideal.

What an absolute joke that Richmond have the 6th easiest draw. Adelaide with the 2nd easiest.

If we're 4 and 7 after Round 11 the wheels will fall off (again). Your 'wins' against Port, Sydney and Ess will become losses. We'll be lucky to win 6 games. Confidence is an amazing thing. Once it's gone - it's gone.

On the other hand, if Hogan/Fyfe/Blakely/Hill etc stay fit we could easily win one those away games and the boys could really fire. We'd be 5-6 and still in with a shot at the 8.

Oops, I just dropped my Crystal Ball and it seems to have broken - I can't see anything more. Wait..... there is something... it's Andrew Gaff getting a soft free kick in front of goals in the first Derby so the umpires can 'take control of the game' - Langdon and Jackovich as making a mess of the commentary..... nope - gone again.

Anyway, I still think injuries play a bigger part in your season than fixtures. Good teams win anywhere - anytime.

I am going to be brutally honest here. Freo could get 8 wins again for the 3rd year in a row. 6 wins at home and 2 wins away.

I expect freo to win 4-5 home games by round 11. Then injuries become more regular after the bye and we struggle. Only realistic games I see freo could win away is round 2 vs the suns, round 19 vs the dogs at marvel and round 21 vs the saints at marvel.

after round 15 vs Carlton at home, the rest of the games from rounds 16-23 could be brutal.

Our remaining home games are against teams that are expected to make finals or try to make finals : west coast, Sydney, geelong and Essendon.

the away games are interesting to say the least: Hawks at Tassie, saints and dogs at marvel and Port in Adelaide oval.

when our season played out this year, we all knew that our last win would come vs Carlton at round 21 at home.

Double up games against Port, Essendon, Buldogs and St Kilda are not idea.

I think Port and Essendon will be pushing for the finals, and the Buldogs are the best of the worst teams.
Not a terrible fixture but we deserve GC or Carlton as a double up over Port

Hypothetically it looks like a tough run home, which I'm not sure how to feel about.

On the one hand a tough draw to begin with followed by a cushy draw mid to late could allow a rattling run home when the side has had a better chance to gel.

While on the other, getting the tougher patch late might coincide with being gelled up and best prepared for it.

The difficulty of draws are a bit overrated. If we doubled up Carlton instead of Essendon, everyone would be saying it is an easy draw. But the reality is that all that means is the away game at Marvel Stadium would be against Carlton instead of Essendon, so the most it could help us is 1 win. If we are good enough, we can win that game.

It's also assuming Essendon are going to be decent. A lot of people are assuming that.

* knows why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what all the fuss is about. We do nor exactly have a lot of bargaining power for recent history. It is hard to tell how the year will pan out anyway. One year is always completely different to the next.

Overall it is is pretty good.

Tough :
We have to play at Tasmania
We play in Canberra
Port twice will both teams on the rise (they probably think we are tough team to draw twice as well)
Essendon twice is a tough fixture

Good
We get to play an away game against the Suns
We avoid Gabba and Northern Territory
We avoid the Cattery
We play 2 at the MCG
6 Saturday home games is great.
Melbourne, Richmond, Collingwood, Hawks, GWS, Sydney, Adelaide once seems good for us but a few of these might be the sliders of 2019.

Nothing to get really excited about, but it never was going to be the case in what should be another even year for the majority - hopefully we can join in the fun!

I have purchased a chook from Chicken Treat and examined it's entrails. The prediction for the season is:

North - home-WIN
GC - away - WIN
St Kilda - home - WIN
Eagles - away - WIN
Giants - away - LOSS
Dogs - home - WIN
Adelaide - away - LOSS
Richmond - home - LOSS
Essendon - away - LOSS
Brisbane - home - WIN
Pies - away - LOSS
Power - home - WIN
Melbourne - away - LOSS
Carlton - home - WIN
Eagles - home - LOSS
Hawks - away - LOSS
Swans - home - WIN
Dogs - away - WIN
Cats - home - WIN
St Kilda - away - WIN
Bombers - home - WIN
Port - away - LOSS

12 wins for season.

Except its 13!

I think it'll be something similar to

North - home-WIN
GC - away - WIN
St Kilda - home - WIN
Eagles - away - LOSS
Giants - away - LOSS
Dogs - home - WIN
Adelaide - away - WIN (Can't really call this one, I see Adelaide and Freo around the same level atm)
Richmond - home - LOSS
Essendon - away - LOSS
Brisbane - home - WIN
Pies - away - LOSS
Power - home - LOSS
Melbourne - away - LOSS
Carlton - home - WIN
Eagles - home - WIN (Our only chance of beating them, close to the end and just before Tassie. Start of the season they'll still be in prime form)
Hawks - away - LOSS
Swans - home - Loss
Dogs - away - WIN
Cats - home - WIN
St Kilda - away - WIN
Bombers - home - WIN
Port - away - LOSS

I think it'll be something similar to

North - home-WIN
GC - away - WIN
St Kilda - home - WIN
Eagles - away - LOSS
Giants - away - LOSS
Dogs - home - WIN
Adelaide - away - WIN (Can't really call this one, I see Adelaide and Freo around the same level atm)
Richmond - home - LOSS
Essendon - away - LOSS
Brisbane - home - WIN
Pies - away - LOSS
Power - home - LOSS
Melbourne - away - LOSS
Carlton - home - WIN
Eagles - home - WIN (Our only chance of beating them, close to the end and just before Tassie. Start of the season they'll still be in prime form)
Hawks - away - LOSS
Swans - home - Loss
Dogs - away - WIN
Cats - home - WIN
St Kilda - away - WIN
Bombers - home - WIN
Port - away - LOSS

Swans and Port are very winnable games at home. Having said that, very hard to see us beating Adelaide away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back