Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No-One ever said Kane was an intellectual .....look at what his after footy career was going to be ....he simply knows how to shock & get you to read his articles
I enjoy reading comedy prose though
Even if it is completely untintended !

Was that the case ? .....if so 5AA will not get the rights renewed from CrocMedia

Depends on the length of the contract.

5AA has rights with the AFL for SA based games, but the remainder of the weekend they get AFL Nation which is CrocMedia and 5AA have an agreement with Croc for that.

I imagine that the deal would most probably cover the term of the rights agreement so if SEN are still going in 4-5 years time then 5AA could potentially lose some or all of the AFL rights in SA to SEN.

Are you sure about that? because 5aa's broadcast partner is 3aw.

You have all the local broadcasters around Australia, but CrocMedia is now the umbrella rights holder for the Australia wide radio rights. So while it might be a 6PR or 3AW call, it's broadcast around Australia via CrocMedia's AFL Nation telecast.

"Crocmedia will provide broadcasts for that station's two weekend twilight games, along with providing game coverage for 5AA in Adelaide and 6PR in Perth and extending the AFL coverage into Sydney and Brisbane through the Macquarie and Southern Cross networks."

It would be, but they still buy airtime on 3AW in Victoria, so they'll probably continue with the madness.

Yeah that's right, SportsDay SA is continuing. I think if it makes money they do it.

It's interesting the market share was really good for the 5am show so I am surprised.

I enjoy reading comedy prose though
Even if it is completely untintended !
I say quite often ...you might as well listen to your footy supporter neighbor ....has as much, if not more, insight into the game than Kane

Depends on the length of the contract.

5AA has rights with the AFL for SA based games, but the remainder of the weekend they get AFL Nation which is CrocMedia and 5AA have an agreement with Croc for that.

I imagine that the deal would most probably cover the term of the rights agreement so if SEN are still going in 4-5 years time then 5AA could potentially lose some or all of the AFL rights in SA to SEN.
That makes sense ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they play better coffee?
:p In general I find SEN a broader, more mature, AFL coverage of all AFL ......however I do then flick around to get my Crows content ....I'm all app predominantly, rather than radio

I simply cringe at 5AA interviews, literally ......so I welcome SEN Adelaide & they're not stupid to ignore the biggest club in Sth Aust , so the interviews will be better

Give any organization starting in a new market, time to find their feet

:p In general I find SEN a broader, more mature, AFL coverage of all AFL ......however I do then flick around to get my Crows content ....I'm all app predominantly, rather than radio

I simply cringe at 5AA interviews, literally ......so I welcome SEN Adelaide & they're not stupid to ignore the biggest club in Sth Aust , so the interviews will be better

Give any organization starting in a new market, time to find their feet

on the other hand has 5AA gone into hibernation. Missing on my laptop for at least 6 weeks are the podcasts and news updates are old. Something is wrong there.

on the other hand has 5AA gone into hibernation. Missing on my laptop for at least 6 weeks are the podcasts and news updates are old. Something is wrong there.
Yes .....since i said i get all my Crows content off the Soundcloud interviews, now they've disappeared

5AA obviously reading the thread .....advertisers getting short-changed ....but i refuse to listen to their incessant advertising / referrals

They don't do podcasts during summer period so that is probably why.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Apparently 5AA also doesn't do a post season review with the AFC Coach either
To be honest I couldn't care less about interviews.

More interested in analysis.

Not that Fiveaa people do wonderful analysis though.

But just saying interviews are overrated as you hear the same stuff every time.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back