List Mgmt. Hawks Major List Problems

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this on FB and this thread seemed as good a place as any to add it. (Note: I'm not responsible for the accuracy)

Hawthorn have 28 players out-of-contract at the end of 2019

➡️ Grant Birchall, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, James Cousins, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Will Golds, Damon Greaves, Blake Hardwick, Ricky Henderson, Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Ben McEvoy, Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr, Dylan Moore, Tim O'Brien, Jaeger O'Meara, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Jackson Ross, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers, Liam Shiels, Ben Stratton, James Worpel

11 players in their first contract with the Hawks, then guys like Schoenmakers and Henderson who are on rolling 1 year deals, being over 30.

Not exactly painting an accurate picture, McGowan.

11 players in their first contract with the Hawks, then guys like Schoenmakers and Henderson who are on rolling 1 year deals, being over 30.

Not exactly painting an accurate picture, McGowan.
What's inaccurate about it?

Marc McGowan who produced the article on AFL.com.au corrected himself, said that there are 31 Hawks coming out of contract at the end of the year including Will Langford.

Just saw this on FB and this thread seemed as good a place as any to add it. (Note: I'm not responsible for the accuracy)

Hawthorn have 28 players out-of-contract at the end of 2019

➡️ Grant Birchall, Shaun Burgoyne, Jon Ceglar, James Cousins, James Frawley, Conor Glass, Will Golds, Damon Greaves, Blake Hardwick, Ricky Henderson, Changkuoth Jiath, Harrison Jones, Ben McEvoy, Teia Miles, Darren Minchington, David Mirra, Tim Mohr, Dylan Moore, Tim O'Brien, Jaeger O'Meara, Marc Pittonet, Paul Puopolo, Jackson Ross, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers, Liam Shiels, Ben Stratton, James Worpel
???

What's inaccurate about it?

It's presented in a way to make the list look like 70% of it is about to walk out the door. Unstated is how many of those players are eligible for free agency of some sort so a walk-out is even a reality? How many are over 30 and on short-term deals and a walkout is very unlikely? How many are fringe and on short term deals and a walkout doesn't matter? How many are new arrivals waiting to sign a second deal with the club and almost certain to re-sign?

And of course, for the best perspective: Is this situation at all unusual for Hawthorn or other teams in the league?

Yellow journalism, pure and simple. The scourge of modern football media.

It's presented in a way to make the list look like 70% of it is about to walk out the door. Unstated is how many of those players are eligible for free agency of some sort so a walk-out is even a reality? How many are over 30 and on short-term deals and a walkout is very unlikely? How many are fringe and on short term deals and a walkout doesn't matter? How many are new arrivals waiting to sign a second deal with the club and almost certain to re-sign?

And of course, for the best perspective: Is this situation at all unusual for Hawthorn or other teams in the league?

Yellow journalism, pure and simple. The scourge of modern football media.
Haha. You guys are jumping at shadows.

So is midfield depth a major Hawk list problem?

Also, with Ned Reeves training at the Hawks, does that mean our ruck depth is questionable or the standard of our rucks?

Ben McEvoy, Jon Ceglar and Marc Pittonet.

Not enough depth and Ned Reeves gets a year?

Also, with Ned Reeves training at the Hawks, does that mean our ruck depth is questionable or the standard of our rucks?

Ben McEvoy, Jon Ceglar and Marc Pittonet.

Not enough depth and Ned Reeves gets a year?
I wouldn’t be surprised if we were looking at him as more of a forward option. Mason Cox style possibly.

Midfield Quality is the issue for mine, not just depth.

With TMitch, JO'M, Shiels & Wingard, we had a midfield depth issue. Without TMitch, we don't have enough quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think it was a negative bump, just a questioning of midfield depth and rucks. When the primary midfielder of the side goes down, the focus goes on others.

We have more serviceable ruck options than the average club, I don't believe there is an issue there. Midfield, we've lost someone that can't be covered regardless of depth. That's not to say we won't bring in someone from the state league, but they definitely won't be brought in to the side to play seniors as that messes with the balance you get from everyone knowing the game plan.

I wonder if Impey will see more midfield minutes? Impey, Wingard, Minchington and Breust all rotating between small forward and in the midfield might cover the loss of Mitchell ever so slightly. Given our depth at that small forward position I think Wingard can just as easily split his time between forward and midfield. That’s why I think Minchington could be best 22 come Round 1. He gives us some added depth.

The reason Chad's form had dropped off from AA years, is because he was spending more time in the midfield at Port.
I'd say playing permanently forward for us(filling Cyril void) was what brought him to us.
Even with the Mitchell injury he'll see limited centre square time I believe.

I wonder if Impey will see more midfield minutes? Impey, Wingard, Minchington and Breust all rotating between small forward and in the midfield might cover the loss of Mitchell ever so slightly. Given our depth at that small forward position I think Wingard can just as easily split his time between forward and midfield. That’s why I think Minchington could be best 22 come Round 1. He gives us some added depth.

I think he will have a fair amount of work to be done on his tank before he will play in my view. The Aints are not renoun for there fitness and conditioning.

Tom Mitchell goes alright :(

I reckon it’s weirdly not such bad timing. We weren’t a flag change this year and Sammy will train the **** out of these kids and Jaegar
No one thought WCE were last year, the Tigers the year before, or the Doggies before that.

Who knows who'll ******* win it, but if we go in with the attitude our best mid is injured and we can't, we'll get ****ed up. There is no reason to believe we can't win it.

The reason Chad's form had dropped off from AA years, is because he was spending more time in the midfield at Port.
I'd say playing permanently forward for us(filling Cyril void) was what brought him to us.
Even with the Mitchell injury he'll see limited centre square time I believe.

If you look at his 2018 stats his midfield games are his good ones. When you look at his heat maps over the years it doesn’t back your theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back