Training The 2019 preseason training REPORTS thread

Remove this Banner Ad

was cavka ever a player of note or taken purely on ath ability .. is that why he vanished so quickly

was cavka ever a player of note or taken purely on ath ability .. is that why he vanished so quickly

He could play but his feet were ****ed and he was forced to retire

He was a very promising footballer, and a lot of people here were really disappointed when he had to retire without playing a game, because many thought he had the attributes that we needed desperately.

I’ve heard that he started playing footy again last year back in Vic but haven’t heard any more to say if he was successful in his return or succumbed to more injuries.

He was a very promising footballer, and a lot of people here were really disappointed when he had to retire without playing a game, because many thought he had the attributes that we needed desperately.

I’ve heard that he started playing footy again last year back in Vic but haven’t heard any more to say if he was successful in his return or succumbed to more injuries.
didn't Will Maginness have a similar type injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt there was a reason he got delisted from the Pies outside of his injury. Still it's good to have more speed even if it's just in the WAFL. I would have thought if he can improve the kicking and is faster than Masten he would be more vulnerable than Sheed or Hutchings. Still what's footy pre-season for apart from wild speculation!😉

Think Beams getting traded in late was what pushed Smith out. A list spot and cap space was needed.

So Willie mentioned he wasnt surprised with Camerons time trial results as he looks like a natural runner.

Anyone know how Cameron went?

Still working back from a toe injury.

If he did a 2km time trial be wont be far off from returning to full training.

I am concerned about Cripps as he still isn't at training.

Sounds like Yeo and Barrass are close to training back in the group. JK is doing everything bar contact work. ( Shoulder)

If he did a 2km time trial be wont be far off from returning to full training.

I am concerned about Cripps as he still isn't at training.

Sounds like Yeo and Barrass are close to training back in the group. JK is doing everything bar contact work. ( Shoulder)

We can cover Cripps round 1. Petrucelle can play that role.

If Shep comes back in as expected we can use Jetta as well.

Ainsworth isn't like for like but would bring defensive pressure.

So round 1 we could line up something like.

FF: Ryan Kennedy Vardy / Rioli
HF: Petrucelle Darling Waterman

Venables and Cripps may not be available so Petrucelle covers one and Ainsworth or even M Allen covers Venables if not 100%.

By round 3/4 we will get Gaff back from suspension as well.

We can cover Cripps round 1. Petrucelle can play that role.

If Shep comes back in as expected we can use Jetta as well.

Ainsworth isn't like for like but would bring defensive pressure.

So round 1 we could line up something like.

FF: Ryan Kennedy Vardy / Rioli
HF: Petrucelle Darling Waterman

Venables and Cripps may not be available so Petrucelle covers one and Ainsworth or even M Allen covers Venables if not 100%.

By round 3/4 we will get Gaff back from suspension as well.

Could even use Ah Chee if he steps it up over the off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back