Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

no official release of the address has been released but if you google Springfield Central Station, you'll see the shopping centre on the south side. the land to the north is the location.

View attachment 613002

Pfft, anyone can circle green bits on a map.... :D

I think the main oval will be bounded by the railway line, Spingfield Greenbank Arterial Road, Eden Station Drive and Mountain creek. So the eastern third of what you've circled there. The second oval looks to be on the other side of Eden Station Drive.

Edit: Street view

Last edited:

Greg Swann looking he’ll go down as the GOAT. If We hit our straps on field, he can bow out in a couple of years having completely resurrected the club both on and off field.

I think the main oval will be bounded by the railway line, Spingfield Greenbank Arterial Road, Eden Station Drive and Mountain creek. So the eastern third of what you've circled there. The second oval looks to be on the other side of Eden Station Drive.

I know right. Probably as easy as putting lines over streets on a map :p

Doubtful the demand is there for it, but existing infrastructure could allow you to run special 'football' trains on the GC/Cleveland lines direct to Springfield without having to go all the way into town.

The original post referred to academy kids getting to training, hence the Roma St changeover. Should not be an issue matchday either, provided the capacity is there on scheduled services.

This is correct, there is a development application that can be sourced on thebipswich council website that has quite detailed plans and maps etc.

There are many who seem to think it is running in the whole tract of land between the train station and eden station drive, this has about 20m of fall and would take significant earthworks and engineering to put two flat ovals on.

no official release of the address has been released but if you google Springfield Central Station, you'll see the shopping centre on the south side. the land to the north is the location.

View attachment 613002
North from the train station car park and on both sides of eden station drive, it is the areas that are pretty much cleared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we won't have another awkward media moment with someone like McCarthy when they're asked "How are the facilities here?", and they avoid the question.

I often worried about the reaction of our interstate recruits, many from well-resourced under-age Vic clubs in particular, when they first realised just how crap our facilities are.

As to where in Brissie they might choose to live- really???

My only regret is our esteemed former Gabba groundsman didn't hang around long enough for us to stick his attitude up his clacker.

We're on our way, baaaby.

This is correct, there is a development application that can be sourced on thebipswich council website that has quite detailed plans and maps etc.

There are many who seem to think it is running in the whole tract of land between the train station and eden station drive, this has about 20m of fall and would take significant earthworks and engineering to put two flat ovals on.

Application number?

Not sure many of them will hang around Moorooka or Inala

True but they may look at suburbs like Indoorpilly and Graceville. Still fairly trendy and a good 15 minutes closer to training each day. Some of them might even bite the bullet and move right out to Brookwater and get themselves a house on the Golf Course. Although I'm not sure Brookwater or the surrounds will have enough cafe action or be close enough to the nightlife for the younger crew.

I often worried about the reaction of our interstate recruits, many from well-resourced under-age Vic clubs in particular, when they first realised just how crap our facilities are.

As to where in Brissie they might choose to live- really???

My only regret is our esteemed former Gabba groundsman didn't hang around long enough for us to stick his attitude up his clacker.

We're on our way, baaaby.

I thought it was an interesting discussion point. From what I can tell a lot of the players currently live around Inner East of Brisbane. I am wondering over time if that might slowly change to the Inner West.

Excerpts from DA

Attachments

• 9C809C96-1D44-414C-BE38-97AEBA12BAAE.png
    9C809C96-1D44-414C-BE38-97AEBA12BAAE.png
    343.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 4EFD6BCC-2719-4601-AB3B-2C66F6A118DE.png
    4EFD6BCC-2719-4601-AB3B-2C66F6A118DE.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • CE1D9DBF-1E81-4D3E-939F-E0D90F05B382.png
    CE1D9DBF-1E81-4D3E-939F-E0D90F05B382.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
True but they may look at suburbs like Indoorpilly and Graceville. Still fairly trendy and a good 15 minutes closer to training each day. Some of them might even bite the bullet and move right out to Brookwater and get themselves a house on the Golf Course. Although I'm not sure Brookwater or the surrounds will have enough cafe action or be close enough to the nightlife for the younger crew.
Graceville and Sherwood. Smack bang in the middle of the river loop. They can get their bike on and join the Lycra latte set.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back