• Kayo

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Channel 7

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You will get some buffering issues, i did while watching some of the BBL games, it usually fixes itself pretty much straight away.
It'll will be interesting to see how it goes with the footy with it having a much bigger audience to deal with.

Yeah, that's my concern... I imagine that it will reach peak demand during the AFL season and will be interesting to see how it copes. Without trialing it yet, the only reason you would subscribe to Kayo (instead of the Foxtel sports package) is if you are splitting the subscription with a buddy and basically halving the cost..

Use the Android TV app. No need to use Chromecast.
Try installing the version in the link I posted in this thread.
yeah the tv i've got is running an outdated version of android which isn't compatible with the app. hence the chromebook (basically a web browser) - i'll see how i go with that.

We have a fetch box which is good for TV watching and other 'smart tv' stuff but i don't see a kayo app on it for ages, if ever

(ps don't buy a kogan TV)

Can anyone confirm that split screen functionality is only for tablets and laptops/desktops?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Lol
Foxtel have emailed me offering my current contract extended for another 12 months
($39 a month for base, sport +HD)
tempted but I'll just jump to kayo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol
Foxtel have emailed me offering my current contract extended for another 12 months
($39 a month for base, sport +HD)
tempted but I'll just jump to kayo

Foxtel are so dodgy. Emailing customers with special deals is pretty funny. We all know once that deal finishes it will be 60 bucks a month unless you bother to renegotiate.

They must have taken a huge hit to numbers because of Kayo if they are doing that. I reckon a huge number of customers had foxtel just for the sport and they underestimated just how many would jump ship to Kayo.

I wonder what their strategy is here. They are cannibalizing their own business. I think the whole thing will move to streaming sooner rather than later. Those clunky foxtel boxes will be a thing of the past.

I got an email early this month offering me my existing Base + Sport + HD & 4K for $43 p/m for 12 months (i currently pay $39)
only had a week to accept it.. which i didnt. Apparently will shoot up to $69 after my contact ends
My current contract runs out on the 20th March and still plan to go to Kayo
Will be interesting to see what they throw at me when i ring in a couple of weeks to cancel
Last time i cancelled i had them call me about 5 times after i told them to cancel my subscription and offer me all kinds of deals which i didnt take

Even if they offered me the current $39 per month i dont think i'd take it

Foxtel are so dodgy. Emailing customers with special deals is pretty funny. We all know once that deal finishes it will be 60 bucks a month unless you bother to renegotiate.

They must have taken a huge hit to numbers because of Kayo if they are doing that. I reckon a huge number of customers had foxtel just for the sport and they underestimated just how many would jump ship to Kayo.

I wonder what their strategy is here. They are cannibalizing their own business. I think the whole thing will move to streaming sooner rather than later. Those clunky foxtel boxes will be a thing of the past.

I think you may be underestimating the market of non-subscribers who in the past weren't able / weren't willing to pay. It's long been a lament of many without Foxtel to complaint they would only watch sport but there's no mechanism to do so without paying a fairly hefty premium. Now that option is available, at $25 a month which really is an outstanding value at a pretty irrelevant price that reaches a lot more households.

The proportion of subscribers who left in the quarter, which the industry describes as churn, hit 15.6 per cent, compared to 12.9 per cent in the first quarter and 14.5 per cent in the three months to December 31, 2017.

However, Mr Thomson attributed the lift in churn to price increases on traditional Foxtel.

https://www.afr.com/business/media-...tempts-to-adjust-to-new-world-20190207-h1aycy

I'm not so sure on their claim that it's mainly attributable to price increases, but would say it's a case where it's a little of column A and a little of column B.In any case people aren't switching en masse.

Strangely enough the deal was $39 a month no contract, just goes on forever in theory.

Its a move anticipating the Netflix and others possibly moving into the Sport space imo

Signed up to Kayo last night, haven't watched a 'live' event yet but can confirm that it has all the FoxFooty shows on demand, e.g Open Mike, AFL360, Bob.... So I assume these will be streamed live during the season?

Curious to see how the HD stream goes this evening for JLT... Quick question for anyone in the know - are all streams in HD? Live and on demand?

Or are only 'Live' sports in HD and on demand content in just SD? (If that makes sense? :drunk:)

yeah the tv i've got is running an outdated version of android which isn't compatible with the app. hence the chromebook (basically a web browser) - i'll see how i go with that.

We have a fetch box which is good for TV watching and other 'smart tv' stuff but i don't see a kayo app on it for ages, if ever

(ps don't buy a kogan TV)
I dont have fetch tv, but I bought the Optus app for the World Cup, and on the soccer forum on Bigfooty and a couple of other soccer forums, people who had fetch reported that they didn't have any of the issues that those of us watching on mobile devices were having.

Back