Podcast BigFooty Tigercast - S03, EP02 - ft Grockadoc, TLL & CB17...again.. you love us..

Do you like the Wildcard finals system as mentioned by CB17 in tonights Podcast?

• yes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • no

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With our JLT Game 1 completed on the weekend it was the perfect opportunity to jump into another podcast.

As always there was plenty to talk about so I got the band back together from Episode 1 for some more laughs and footy talk.

We also launched a new segment tonight called Tigercast Takedown. I want to admit up front I didn't actually realise one of the things TLL said in his Tigercast Takedown section until after I uploaded it ha ha.

In a slight twist for tonights episode we have a poll we would love you to participate in based on one of the discussions we had, and I'm also including an image of a pair of shoes. You will need to listen to find out why.

On tonights episode:
-Review of our JLT 1 game including talk on the following players;
Balta, Houli, Higgins, Ross, Weller, Broad, Vlastuin, Soldo, Rioli.
-How did we feel we coped with the 6-6-6 rule, and an interesting fact to go with it.
-Champion Data copped a drive by at that point for various things.
-The kicking out rule and how its going to help us.
-Should we play Dusty this week?
-Twilight Grand Final, do we like it?
-The proposed Wild card finals system (see poll)
**new segment** Tigercast Takedown:
TLL, Grock and Michaels all come off the long run up on various topics. Each person had a 2 minute time limit. I also included a sneaky sound effect when time was up ;-)

plus more.

Massive thanks to Grockadoc TheLoungeLizard and captain blood 17 for coming on again. It was probably our best discussion yet we feel.

Here is the photo of the shoes as promised, listen in to find out what that's about. We also give you a chance to post your story.

FB_IMG_1551780766578.jpg

You can check out the episode on the below links.

**mild language warning**

Spreaker:
https://www.spreaker.com/episode/17227979

iTunes is giving me issues again, will advise once up.

Last edited:
With our JLT Game 1 completed on the weekend it was the perfect opportunity to jump into another podcast.

As always there was plenty to talk about so I got the band back together from Episode 1 for some more laughs and footy talk.

We also launched a new segment tonight called Tigercast Takedown. I want to admit up front I didn't actually realise one of the things TLL said in his Tigercast Takedown section until after I uploaded it ha ha.

In a slight twist for tonights episode we have a poll we would love you to participate in based on one of the discussions we had, and I'm also including an image of a pair of shoes. You will need to listen to find out why.

On tonights episode:
-Review of our JLT 1 game including talk on the following players;
Balta, Houli, Higgins, Ross, Weller, Broad, Vlastuin, Soldo, Rioli.
-How did we feel we coped with the 6-6-6 rule, and an interesting fact to go with it.
-Champion Data copped a drive by at that point for various things.
-The kicking out rule and how its going to help us.
-Should we play Dusty this week?
-Twilight Grand Final, do we like it?
-The proposed Wild card finals system (see poll)
**new segment** Tigercast Takedown:
TLL, Grock and Michaels all come off the long run up on various topics. Each person had a 2 minute time limit. I also included a sneaky sound effect when time was up ;-)

plus more.

Massive thanks to Grockadoc TheLoungeLizard and captain blood 17 for coming on again. It was probably our best discussion yet we feel.

Here is the photo of the shoes as promised, listen in to find out what that's about.

View attachment 629935

You can check out the episode on the below links.

**mild language warning**

Spreaker:
https://www.spreaker.com/episode/17227979

iTunes is giving me issues again, will advise once up.

One of my favourite recordings we have done. The Tigercast Takedown is going to be a fan favourite, I feel.

3 mintues until the first f-word, i am very disappointed :(

I actually gave you a mention tonight for running the fantasy comps.

I'll leave you guessing with how I pronounced your name :p

I actually gave you a mention tonight for running the fantasy comps.

I'll leave you guessing with how I pronounced your name :p
Oh boy, can't be any worst than JoshWoodenSpoon

Anyway, best drunk purchases. I will live through one of my mates and he once purchase a slinky and a laser pointer. He still has no idea why.

Last edited:
Oh boy, can't be any worst than JoshWoodenSpoon

Anyway, best drunk purchases. I will live thougt one of my mates and he once purchase a slinky and a laser pointer. He still has no idea why.

That's a great purchase lol.

It was a great recording last night. Was awesome to talk footy and sink our teeth into some meaty footy topics. One of our better ones together i think

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I like the Grand Final time as it is, plenty of time to get up and get to the MCG or get last minute BBQ supplies, also the finishing time allows the concert at the G and the party in the streets.

On the wildcard........NO NO NO
The thought of over half the competition playing in the finals is just wrong, a team that finishes eg. 4 games out of the 8 shouldn't be there.

Hey Michaels, how did it feel to have your Podcast taken over by CB17?

All part of the succession plan ;-)

Nah we discussed before recording and I thought it would be good for him to take the reigns on his topics and drive the poll!

Gotta share the love lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting topics.

Wildcard: could you imagine 10th defeating 7th and then going up against 5th the following week, would be a smashing because every chance 10th would be flat as tacks and would show why they missed the top 8 in the first place. So a No for me.

Twilight GF: not against it for this timeslot, as a fan i like the 4:40pm slot on a saturday, get things done in the morning at home, then head off to game and enjoy a couple hours at the pub before making my way across the park to the G, and then afterwards there is still plenty of time to celebrate.

But we all know why the AFL want to finish the GF in the dark................fireworks.

if only this bit of info had come out last night before my Tigercast Takedown on those stupid iPads

captain blood 17 Grockadoc TheLoungeLizard

Common sense prevails. There are far too many rotations to make the board feasible, sight issues, glare etc.

I was talking to my brother about this last night. I came up with an idea that is much more simple and efficient. You know those beeping buzzer things you get from places while you wait for your order and they go off when it is ready? Why can't they put that technology into the GPS trackers or something so that when a player needs to be rotated, they just activate said players beeper thing.

Could just be me, but I feel that is far more logical and efficient than the ipads.

Common sense prevails. There are far too many rotations to make the board feasible, sight issues, glare etc.

I was talking to my brother about this last night. I came up with an idea that is much more simple and efficient. You know those beeping buzzer things you get from places while you wait for your order and they go off when it is ready? Why can't they put that technology into the GPS trackers or something so that when a player needs to be rotated, they just activate said players beeper thing.

Could just be me, but I feel that is far more logical and efficient than the ipads.

Nicely done boys. Can see the Tigercast Takedown picking up when the season proper begins. In fact I can't wait for the T71 episode that features a takedown. The dump button will get a fair workout that night.

Nicely done boys. Can see the Tigercast Takedown picking up when the season proper begins. In fact I can't wait for the T71 episode that features a takedown. The dump button will get a fair workout that night.

Yeah it will get a decent run I reckon.

Wont always be a weekly segment, just when required.

I think it will be something listeners will look forward to!

I think it would be wrong of me to sensor Tiger71 :p

Really enjoyable ep gents.

Was actually good to have CB17 take the floor for a bit and have Michaels offer his thoughts on the topics.

A real nice change up, made it seem less formulated.

Thanks mate. I changed my mind on the Hird rant while i was walking the dog about 2 hours out from the broadcast. There was so much more footy stuff we could discuss, so why waste it on history and negative stuff.
And I appreciate Michaels allowing me to change it up.

Listened today while oiling furniture, great way to pass the time, thanks guys. Good job.

Regarding the wildcard weekend I have to say I dont like it. Imagine you're sitting in 7th yet only 4 points behind 3rd or 4th(double chance), there is a genuine chance you can finish top 4 but instead you are relegated to play 10th in a gimmicky play-off game. For me it devalues the entire season and makes one round more important than everything that came before it(if you find yourself in that position).

I dont like it at all.

Twilight Grand Final, I'm all for tradition but also happy to move on. Personally I would like it as I wouldnt have to wake up at 5.30am, but I didnt give a s**t about that in 2017.

Listened today while oiling furniture, great way to pass the time, thanks guys. Good job.

Regarding the wildcard weekend I have to say I dont like it. Imagine you're sitting in 7th yet only 4 points behind 3rd or 4th(double chance), there is a genuine chance you can finish top 4 but instead you are relegated to play 10th in a gimmicky play-off game. For me it devalues the entire season and makes one round more important than everything that came before it(if you find yourself in that position).

I dont like it at all.

Twilight Grand Final, I'm all for tradition but also happy to move on. Personally I would like it as I wouldnt have to wake up at 5.30am, but I didnt give a s**t about that in 2017.

How’s France buddy?

Haven’t finished the episode yet but the wildcard idea probably needs to be more specific, if it’s only percentage or a game that separates 7, 8, 9 & 10 I can see merit, but if 9 & 10 finish 2 or more games outside of the 8, they probably shouldn’t do the wildcard. That’s just a thought.

Back