The Law Freedom of Speech

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you explain that the majority of the posts in this thread are from RWNJs?
Milo is triggering his brethren so that they get outraged enough to buy a ticket to one of his shows.
It's classic rope a dope marketing.

What is a 'RWNJ'?? Right wing NJ.....natural justice?

Surely there is a problem if particular protest groups (far right or left) get to use as a tactic unruly behaviour to prevent someone from speaking.

Put your politics aside for 5 seconds and ask yourself - Is this the kind of society we want to live in where a loud mob dictates who speaks via physical intimidation/bad behaviour.

Why are people who go into meltdown over someone talking crap deciding who speaks?

Surely there is a problem if particular protest groups (far right or left) get to use as a tactic unruly behaviour to prevent someone from speaking.

Put your politics aside for 5 seconds and ask yourself - Is this the kind of society we want to live in where a loud mob dictates who speaks via physical intimidation/bad behaviour.

Why are people who go into meltdown over someone talking crap deciding who speaks?
The conservative government chose to not give him a visa.

The conservative government chose to not give him a visa.
Sorry to be clearer I was talking more to the police bills that get sent to speakers - in that respect do you think we should be creating a system where poor behaviour from protest groups can be used to stop events from happening by creating an economic impediment to organisers.

Sorry to be clearer I was talking more to the police bills that get sent to speakers - in that respect do you think we should be creating a system where poor behaviour from protest groups can be used to stop events from happening by creating an economic impediment to organisers.
Are you suggesting protest groups should be charged?

Are you suggesting protest groups should be charged?
It would be good to hold individuals to account for their behaviour financially or 'criminally' (fines or whatever...not talking jail) however thats obviously not realistic.

However do you think mobs that carry on in an uncivilized way should be allowed to stop people from speaking by using said behaviour to create financial problems for organisers?

Sounds like the free market at work to me.

It would be good to hold individuals to account for their behaviour financially or 'criminally' (fines or whatever...not talking jail) however thats obviously not realistic.
How can protesters be held financially accountable for protests?

However do you think mobs that carry on in an uncivilized way should be allowed to stop people from speaking by using said behaviour to create financial problems for organisers?
No. But Yiannopolous is a professional troll who needs protesters. He's not a nazi, but makes overtures to nazis, to generate protests. He's playing them like a fiddle.

How can protesters be held financially accountable for protests?
I don't know - that's why I said its not realistic....Maybe 2 grand fine every time you act disorderly in a group.

No. But Yiannopolous is a professional troll who needs protesters. He's not a nazi, but makes overtures to nazis, to generate protests. He's playing them like a fiddle.
I know what Milo is and those idiots creating a storm for him are doing his marketing for him. I just don't think Milo/Organisers should be paying for other peoples bad behaviour - if you cannot act like an adult - stay home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know what Milo is and those idiots creating a storm for him are doing his marketing for him. I just don't think Milo/Organisers should be paying for other peoples bad behaviour - if you cannot act like an adult - stay home.
Let'd not pretend some supporters aren't looking for a fight. One poster on here admitted as much.

I still don't see any way of holding protests financially accountable.

I know what Milo is and those idiots creating a storm for him are doing his marketing for him. I just don't think Milo/Organisers should be paying for other peoples bad behaviour - if you cannot act like and adult - stay home.
Those protestors must be about as good at marketing as Scott Morrison is. He's banned from the country.

Professional protesters should absolutely be fined.

Unless each and every one of them can write a 500 word essay outlining the reasons they are at the protest, then fine them.

I also have a feeling many of the antifa slappers are there for social, peer group pressure and/or trying to bang a feminist reasons.

Reminds me of gym goers you see circling gym floors for hours on end yet they never lift a weight.

Disrupting everyone with their incessant chatting and just taking up space.

This is where the left is at in 2019 and beyond.

Professional protesters should absolutely be fined.

Unless each and every one of them can write a 500 word essay outlining the reasons they are at the protest, then fine them.

I also have a feeling many of the antifa slappers are there for social, peer group pressure and/or trying to bang a feminist reasons.

Reminds me of gym goers you see circling gym floors for hours on end yet they never lift a weight.

Disrupting everyone with their incessant chatting and just taking up space.

This is where the left is at in 2019 and beyond.
So freedom of speech for some. Looks like Milo is going to get his visa now, do you think people should not be permitted to protest his presence.

So freedom of speech for some. Looks like Milo is going to get his visa now, do you think people should not be permitted to protest his presence.
If the protest serves no purpose other than ideological or political point scoring, and is going to eat up police resources and public funds, then it should be banned.

The protests seem to boost his popularity.

The public should not be expected to fund idiots standing around with other idiots.

Go protest genetically modified tomatoes, or something that actually harms the public.

If the protest serves no purpose other than ideological or political point scoring, and is going to eat up police resources and public funds, then it should be banned.

The protests seem to boost his popularity.

The public should not be expected to fund idiots standing around with other idiots.

Go protest genetically modified tomatoes, or something that actually harms the public.
What purpose does the deplorables Australia tour serve other than political points scoring?

Nope, but when they start tossing s**t at people or interfering with peoples normal freedom of movement then it becomes an issue. That's not freedom of speech, that's being an obnoxious arsehole.

The protesters are the ones protesting against others peoples freedom of speech. They are control freaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back