2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Why can't I bring myself to pick Dunkley over the likes of Kelly, Boak and Heeney?
To me, they’ve all got an element of risk in a way. Dunkley I feel has proven to have probably the highest ceiling of the lot so wouldn’t say he’s a bad pick at all. Looked great in JLT2

I’m surprised people have dumped Devon so quickly too. Pretty safe top 3 forward. Had average JLT games but limited TOG. Gets a lot of his points from tackles too and wouldn’t be bothering with going in that hard in JLT. What are four thoughts on Dev?

Why can't I bring myself to pick Dunkley over the likes of Kelly, Boak and Heeney?

Because the Dogs' midfield is a raffle at the moment. No-one knows where anyone will be, except that Libba should play in the middle. Hunter, Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, McLean and Wallis, could be playing anywhere. Macrae should play full mid, but I think the rest will get shuffled on a weekly basis, which is why none of the rest can be trusted

Been operating under the same theory myself. Priced at a whopping 123 and it just isn’t as easy maintaining that sort of average as some people are making out. $890,000 is an awful lot of money to fork out on someone who may well end up averaging (at least to begin with) the same as some of the midfielders costing $100-$150k less.

Will have egg on my face if he does go bang from the start but happy enough to take the punt that he won’t.
That's one argument. The other is if Macrae in your side then you have a captain locked for the entire season who is a very good chance to top score in overall points for the year.

Yes Coniglio/Treloar/Brayshaw etc may all be similar to Macrae on their day, but as consistent? No one rivalled Macrae last year. If it happens again the car is gone for anyone without him R1.

Set and forget.
I agree that the extra outlay isn’t worth it in that position currently.

Flip side to the argument is that he averaged something like 135 in his last 6 or so games last year (can’t remember the exact stat but it’s close to that at the very worst) and he could very easily do that. Even as your captain option.

Still can’t bring myself to do it though

I'll put my neck on the line here and say that I'm starting Macrae and believe he will start with a bang.

Priced at an average of 123 but actually averaged 127 in the first half of the season before he got injured in Round 13 (scored 44). Until that point his lowest score was 99. He's 7th year in the comp, in his prime midfield years. I can see him bettering his average from last year. I reckon he goes 125+.

Ignore him at your peril!

Because the Dogs' midfield is a raffle at the moment. No-one knows where anyone will be, except that Libba should play in the middle. Hunter, Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, McLean and Wallis, could be playing anywhere. Macrae should play full mid, but I think the rest will get shuffled on a weekly basis, which is why none of the rest can be trusted

Wallis should play mostly forward and less midfield - but Bevo has a ******* stupid flexibility mantra and everyone swaps every five minutes.

That would a) help our forward line b) help our midfield and c) help my AFL Fantasy side....

Could be priced higher than a basement rook, due to his previous time in the system. Hopefully not though. Can't see him scoring well given the fact that he'll have Brown's role as a lockdown defender
Time out of the game will be the biggest factor here.
Hoping he is basement priced purely for another option.

I'll put my neck on the line here and say that I'm starting Macrae and believe he will start with a bang.

Priced at an average of 123 but actually averaged 127 in the first half of the season before he got injured in Round 13 (scored 44). Until that point his lowest score was 99. He's 7th year in the comp, in his prime midfield years. I can see him bettering his average from last year. I reckon he goes 125+.

I'm finding it hard to fit in all of Lloyd, MacRae, Grundy and Danger. I think you can get away with not having one of these players

I usually do start with the highest scoring player but I just see upside in Coniglio, Cripps, Treloar that I don't in Macrae. Could see all three going 115 which bridges the gap pretty well and lets you use that 100k elsewhere.

I'm finding it hard to fit in all of Lloyd, MacRae, Grundy and Danger. I think you can get away with not having one of these players
I usually do start with the highest scoring player but I just see upside in Coniglio, Cripps, Treloar that I don't in Macrae. Could see all three going 115 which bridges the gap pretty well and lets you use that 100k elsewhere.

Old school GnR allows you to do it! I’ve managed to squeeze in Laird, Lloyd Macrae, Cogs, Crouch, Gawn, Grundy and danger!

Also on a side note, I think Billings is cemented in my team....

97 in the second half last year, leaves him at 14% discount. Playing on the wing in the right position in JLT highlighted by his positions in the DEF half (0.97 PPM). I can easily see him going 92+ ! Am I crazy after what he did last year? Can’t keep a good player down two years in a row.

Old school GnR allows you to do it! I’ve managed to squeeze in Laird, Lloyd Macrae, Cogs, Crouch, Gawn, Grundy and danger!

97 in the second half last year, leaves him at 14% discount. Playing on the wing in the right position in JLT highlighted by his positions in the DEF half (0.97 PPM). I can easily see him going 92+ ! Am I crazy after what he did last year? Can’t keep a good player down two years in a row.
That's impressive. Surely you're batting light on in certain areas? How are your rookies?

Treloar/Dunkley/Worpel/Elliot

OR

Rocky/Boak/Kelly/Worpel

Think this is my last dilemma until teams named

I got burnt by Billings last year but I'm the same in that I have him as a lock in my team. I think being dropped last year was the best thing for him and it's easy sometimes for player's to just cruise around in a poor team. If JLT is any indication he will have a better role than last year so I can see him scoring well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar/Dunkley/Worpel/Elliot

OR

Rocky/Boak/Kelly/Worpel

Think this is my last dilemma until teams named

110 + 105 + 85 + 75 vs 100 (but who knows) + 95 + 95 + 85

Comes out exactly the same funnily enough but I'd probably back in option 2, assuming you're confident in Rocky at least going 100. I really like do like Boak/Kelly.

Guys with Roberton, are you going to hold him if he gets the all clear from the doctors?

Had there been a diagnosis at any point? Being with the heart it’s obviously very serious, but I wonder if it is something that can be managed carefully with medical help?

Guys with Roberton, are you going to hold him if he gets the all clear from the doctors?

Had there been a diagnosis at any point? Being with the heart it’s obviously very serious, but I wonder if it is something that can be managed carefully with medical help?
Can't go near Roberton, they are literally talking about him never playing again. Even if he got the all clear for Round 1 I would be WAAAY to worried about him having another dizzy spell and getting sidelined.

Can't go near Roberton, they are literally talking about him never playing again. Even if he got the all clear for Round 1 I would be WAAAY to worried about him having another dizzy spell and getting sidelined.
Yeh, was originally said that it was an over reaction. Guess it must be a bit more complicated seeing as there hasn’t been much else.

Very sad situation, a very promising player, health first though

Was one of my first players picked this year, was looking great

I was just having a lfick through the RDT pre-season threads and I found it interesting that they've transitioned to a full rolling lockout this year, SuperCoach style.

The reasoning from their development app was that they noticed the majority of users were active on the app over the weekend checking scores so may as well give them the capability to make changes if they feel like it.

A rolling lockout would undoubedtly drive more players to the site and app over the weekend that already are present, thus increasing add revenue for the company surely.

In light of this fact, do we think it is inevtiable that Fantasy will go the same route and how would you feel about it?
I really hope not. My job means i'm often on long-haul flights on weekends. I can usually set my team Thursday/Friday, but don't have internet access over the weekend. It would put me at a real disadvantage. For a lot of people who work weekends, it would make it tough.

That's impressive. Surely you're batting light on in certain areas? How are your rookies?

Not really light anywhere tbh. Rookies are sitting at 8 at the moment. Williams, Smith & Crouch the only mid pricers

I got burnt by Billings last year but I'm the same in that I have him as a lock in my team. I think being dropped last year was the best thing for him and it's easy sometimes for player's to just cruise around in a poor team. If JLT is any indication he will have a better role than last year so I can see him scoring well.

We all got burnt!! Hopefully he picks it up this year.

Jame Elliott is surprisingly consistent. I had always pegged him as an up and down type

2017 - Average 75, Standard deviation 20.5
2015 - Average 80, Standard deviation 19.3
2014 - Average 87, Standard deviation 20.5

(A Standard deviation of 15 is considered elite. I excluded games from 14 and 15 which were sub affected)

You cant pick a guy who could drop dead halfway through a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back