Do we need to trade some current players to improve the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Common Jen

Shazz. How many knees and has shown that the upside is ? At best

Aish ain't top 22
Broomy ditto
Thomas will attract more than his value to us , if traded to suns , is he best 15

Hugh greenwood is a star and will get better, how olds pendels again , ain't going on forever

Simple YOU HAVE TO PLAN 5 years ahead that's how it's done

You don't get stars for players outside your best 22. And Scharenberg is a great player when he's right, I'm not sure why you want to trade him.

You don't get stars for players outside your best 22. And Scharenberg is a great player when he's right, I'm not sure why you want to trade him.
Well At this point he isn't , and hasn't shown much at all
Moore , Howe , Langdon all ahead same position even sack
Then add
Murphy ,aish

Realistically shaz is number 7 or 8 inline for 3 or 4 spots

Who's that guy who captains the suns

Did he play for us

NOW WHAT DID WE GET FOR HIM?
Why

WE PROCRASTINATED AND GOT REAMED , he should have had value added and got us something better

Remember those melts

Mark this down

The new rules will expose Tom Langdon for pace ( remember round 1 hawthorn , exploited first 4 entries)

Nowhere to hide with these new rules

Let's hope he doesn't play on rowan

Too all those saying we're so good
Really
We finished 4th and won a lot of games by little
Easier draw sure helped
We always need to take stock and look for improvement

We have a surplus of stock with depth really not to far off the pace Playing reserves who would appeal to some clubs

Imo
Here's the list barring injuries running around in Vfl WHO WONT WANT TO PLAY VFL

Aish
Sharenberg
Wills
Apple by
2 browns
1 Daicos
Broom head
Rough head

We have NO FIRST rounder this year

IMO we trade while they have currency

Think gws
Think hawthorn

My view is our list is very flexible , contains a lot of guys who really aren't world beaters

Ed Richards, Peter wright and Hugh greenwood would be quality

You're right. We have a good list but it's a bit off the best lists. I don't think we improve the list by culling our best mid tier players for unproven rookies. Our list imbalance comes from our key positions. Possibly some of our aging midfielders too. It'll be interesting how we look to address this imbalance now we have missed out on Lynch and May. I wonder if we will target anyone else?

Jen
List management, caps ect are ALWAYS 5 year plans

We didn't do that
We had little expertise

now we have NED

You sell high and buy low

Common Jen

Shazz. How many knees and has shown that the upside is ? At best

Aish ain't top 22
Broomy ditto
Thomas will attract more than his value to us , if traded to suns , is he best 15

Hugh greenwood is a star and will get better, how olds pendels again , ain't going on forever

Simple YOU HAVE TO PLAN 5 years ahead that's how it's done
Matthew Scharenberg is a beauty.
You can’t buy his poise.
But with his injury history you’d get a few kopecks at most for him.

So he’s worth more to keep.

Also keep your hands off my Berger boy.
:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's that guy who captains the suns

Did he play for us

NOW WHAT DID WE GET FOR HIM?
Why

WE PROCRASTINATED AND GOT REAMED , he should have had value added and got us something better

Remember those melts

True. But when we sold he had done nothing at AFL level of note. And whilst Witts is now a fantastic tap ruckman... he still doesn't get much ball and would struggle to mark a beach ball overhead, so he is not and will never be Grundy or Gawn like in presence around the ground.

For this reasoning your trades of Aish, Scharenberg and Broomhead would net us very little too. Aish is only OK after 4-5 years in the system, Scharenberg is untradeable with his knees and Broomhead be lucky to be picked up as a DFA let alone a trade being done for him.

Points for having a go though and your thread has generated talk that's for sure.

Then add
Murphy ,aish

Sack ahead of Matthew?

Well there you go.

Then add
Murphy ,aish

Scharenberg if right is straight in. He would play 2 VFL games tops before he's in for the rest of the season. He's our classiest defender, the new Clement.

I can see merit in sending Thomas to Gold Coast for a top fifteen pick if they were desperate enough to offer one up.

Then again, Ben Kennedy, Chris Egan, Richard Cole and Nathan Freeman are all quite compelling reasons as to why not to.

Sack ahead of Matthew?

Well there you go.

Why don't you like sack
And of course I like shaz
But if I can get a low 1st or early 2nd for him and aish , well that's prudent imo

Proven 110% player
Tough as
Experienced

Runs on the board

Last season who performed better
And please saintly shaz couldn't hold darling nor Kennedy or jack r
So who's ahead of who

You have to go on performance and flexibility
Wouldn't you agree

Why don't you like sack
And of course I like shaz
But if I can get a low 1st or early 2nd for him and aish , well that's prudent imo

Proven 110% player
Tough as
Experienced

Runs on the board

Last season who performed better
And please saintly shaz couldn't hold darling nor Kennedy or jack r
So who's ahead of who

You have to go on performance and flexibility
Wouldn't you agree
I like Sack when we have ten out injured...
Moore and Dunn or Roughead can take the big boys from the opposition.

Scharenberg if healthy is a far better player than Tyson.

Besides Matthew would beguile the big forwards better than the trying Goldsack.

That’s my take.

You would not get a high draft pick today for either of Aish or Scharenberg.

True. But when we sold he had done nothing at AFL level of note. And whilst Witts is now a fantastic tap ruckman... he still doesn't get much ball and would struggle to mark a beach ball overhead, so he is not and will never be Grundy or Gawn like in presence around the ground.

For this reasoning your trades of Aish, Scharenberg and Broomhead would net us very little too. Aish is only OK after 4-5 years in the system, Scharenberg is untradeable with his knees and Broomhead be lucky to be picked up as a DFA let alone a trade being done for him.

Points for having a go though and your thread has generated talk that's for sure.

Cheers mate
We're some quality kids short imo

Think wits splitting his webbing hurt us, with his value

Wasn't my cup of tea , always was ok as a ruck man and oblivious as a presence

Hasn't changed, never dominated vfl like masons game against port
Really Shows how bad the suns are
Also how poor some ruckman are!

Package deal may get us something from port
Shaz still has a rating and aish is the type of guy they need

We shouldn't allow our stocks to loose value though

Think we did that with him and marley

Here's a ?
Who wouldn't trade Thomas and aish for May and a pick

Remember they traded pick 3 for a local shows how much we were low balled on witts
He ain't as good as Thomas either
Any things possible

I like Sack when we have ten out injured...
Moore and Dunn or Roughead can take the big boys from the opposition.

Scharenberg if healthy is a far better player than Tyson.

Besides Matthew would beguile the big forwards better than the trying Goldsack.

That’s my take.

You would not get a high draft pick today for either of Aish or Scharenberg.

Think sacks quicker saintly which the new rules will expose
Also I'm proposing 2 players for a pick

Think sacks quicker saintly which the new rules will expose
Also I'm proposing 2 players for a pick
Never happen.
If you don’t want them
Why would some one else?

You want a first round early type of pick you have to give up real talent too end like Stephenson.
Perish the thought!

Last edited:
Bit Early Talking about this when the Season has not even Started.

Wait for at least 17-18 Games when this Talk can start to Happen.

Lot can happen over a Season

Well known we have to Always make changes off season
Minimum 3

OK, with you so far

I've noticed that our youngsters are now due to blossom after a few seasons in the system

Blossom. Sounds good. We must have been using good fertilizer.

To do that we need spaces in the team

IMO Untouchable youngster s ( not best 22) that will not be traded or delisted
Nathan murphy
Callum brown
Tyler brown
Josh Daicos

Steady on...thats way too much bullshit fertilizer. Not sure any of those is "untouchable". Indeed, I figure one of Callum Brown or Josh Daicos is going to struggle to make it at least but... untouchable...?

To give these 4 a go we're gonna have to trade out established players
Aish , shaz , broomy should get us at least a low 1st round next year from port

The universe in which we get a first rounder for any combination of those is the same universe in which I am currently naked in a hot tub with Josh Schache and a large pina colada.

For the record, I love this universe, but its only accessible for me with psychotropic substances and/or prolonged sniffing of pectoral sweat from a real Josh Schache.

Ok, Let me just find one of those...

Phillips can be traded to saints for a first round

Langdon freo for a high second pick

Because Langdon would be happy to leave after just signing a contract? Because Freo would pay that? Because an out of body experience would occur and I end up in bed having a 3 way with Meghan Markle and Harry? Because, we can just wish upon a star now right?

Heck even Thomas for a juicy Gold Coast outcome ( wright? Or Ben king or pick 2?)

So now Gold Coast are sniffing the Schache sweat too? Hey bastards, its all mine you campaigners!!!

Murphy takes langdons spot

Tyler takes Phillips

Daicos takes thomas

So let me get this straight, we have moved on 3 mature bodied proven players in our top 15 or so players in the squad playing good football, simply to provide more opportunities to three youngsters who are no guarantee to be any better.

Heres a radical idea, the youngsters could just play better football than the incumbents?

Delisting

Sack
Levi
Wells
Crocker
Reid

Dunn, Varcoe, Wills would have to be in the mix too. So...we probably dont need to make any other changes??

My recruiting targets would be

Ed Richards( dogs)

Peter wright ( suns)

Hugh greenwood ( crows)

I...what...um...huh?

We have currency and we should use it

To purchase better drugs clearly.

We also have nick Daicos comming in

in...a few years at least, not in the lifecycle of this combination.

Edited typo obvious richards

There is also the other obvious typo, you left out a whole lot of letters at the start spelling "So, I am ripped off my **** and just thought I would free-associate to the melodious riffs of Eloy, here goes!"

You're right. We have a good list but it's a bit off the best lists. I don't think we improve the list by culling our best mid tier players for unproven rookies. Our list imbalance comes from our key positions. Possibly some of our aging midfielders too. It'll be interesting how we look to address this imbalance now we have missed out on Lynch and May. I wonder if we will target anyone else?
I think that depends on how Moore goes this season if he goes alright then I do not think that is such a worry Moore and Kelly could be around for a decade.For myself I would like a bit more coverage for ruck and a key forward and our midfield I think we be fine in the future, Stephenson and Quainor the Brown brothers,Sier and maybe the Daicos boys we should be alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back