• Jack Higgins

Votes: 137 56.8%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 93 38.6%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know how anyone can be pleased with that or say it was a good win. It was rat s**t and most other teams wouldve belted us, Not gonna make finals playing like that. And then we go and lose rance.

We need a midfield.
round 1, get a grip... carlton played their grand final and played out of their skins for 2 quarters we have a lazy 34 point win.

People keep saying that Garth has big shoes to fill...... What a ridiculous statement. Astbury and Grimes have big shoes to fill... Garth will come in and play a role but let's not make him the new rance. The backline has to adjust accordingly as a unit, great test for us now.
Post of the night so far.

I'd be tempted to move Vlastuin to Rance role and bring Garthwaite in to play Vlastuin role. I think Astbury has limited ability to step up. Grimes though will now lead the defensive unit. Should have got the AA nod last year ahead of Rance as he was brilliant in 2018.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't know how anyone can be pleased with that or say it was a good win. It was rat s**t and most other teams wouldve belted us, Not gonna make finals playing like that. And then we go and lose rance.

We need a midfield.
its only round 1 mate and in the end we did it comfortably. good signs from a few of our players, we were rusty but its round 1 after all

special mentions to edwards and martin for a massive last quarter, geez shedda was clean and houli for a wonderful game when some on here written him off

I'd be tempted to move Vlastuin to Rance role and bring Garthwaite in to play Vlastuin role. I think Astbury has limited ability to step up. Grimes though will now lead the defensive unit. Should have got the AA nod last year ahead of Rance as he was brilliant in 2018.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Grimes will make the AA team this year, lock it in

I don’t think anyone has to replace Rance as such, i see it as more of a shifting of roles, Astbury, Grimes and Broad can all play tall, Vlas can take a slightly taller forward too. Our back line is still a well oiled machine without Rance there, Grimes took it upon himself to General the troops when Rance went down.

Defense is probably the best line to lose a player in as you don’t have to go through that line to score.

Still hoping he pulls a Conca and escape s the serious ligament tear.

The Rance injury is a blow, obviously, but Astbury or Grimes can deputise, they can delegate.
Rance will be assisting with the coaching.
In terms of defence you could have:
FB Short Astbury Grimes
HB Houli Vlaustin Broad/KMc

Similar result this time last year and look at the year we had.
Rancy will be missed but have faith in our defence.

Last quarter showed we still have the hunger.

nope, he can’t lift his left arm above his head. sitting in the heated pool in the motel of shame
I’d say so, you don’t do abdominals from impact like that, that was more of a rib tickle.
Please don’t play around guys :(
If the guy is injured, then I really don’t know what our 22 should look like next week.

Back