Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know roughly what time in the late afternoon the bad outbound bottleneck in Mordialloc on the Nepean Hwy starts? I've gotta go there later. The last time I drove there it was about 4:45pm, and it was already knackered

Does anyone know roughly what time in the late afternoon the bad outbound bottleneck in Mordialloc on the Nepean Hwy starts? I've gotta go there later. The last time I drove there it was about 4:45pm, and it was already knackered
This time I got to the train line overpass (just passed the White St intersection) at 4:35pm, and it was already half-stuffed. However, it only took me 5 mins to get the ~800 metres from the train line to the second roundabout. Yes, I'm talking to meself :D

Been noticing more tailgating recently. Doesn't seem to matter which lane out of 2 or 3, the speed of traffic or my own speed relative to the limit, always seems to be someone sitting a metre behind me. The other day I was doing 60 or 70 in the left lane of an 80 zone, car up my date. 5 minutes later I was sitting on 85-90 (I mean no more than 80, officer) in the right lane on the same road, car up my date. Even had someone doing it on a section of freeway that is 4 lanes when it was night time and there was minimal traffic. Two lanes right of me, one lane left. Feel free to pass...

Perth drivers are particularly poor tailgaters (might be the same elsewhere, haven’t been outside the state for a couple of years). I remember driving along the freeway at night, absolutely chucking it down, couldn’t see more than a few metres ahead, some clown right up my arse at 95km. A colleague at work was in a fender bender, four cars. No guesses as to why it included four cars.

Perth drivers are particularly poor tailgaters (might be the same elsewhere, haven’t been outside the state for a couple of years). I remember driving along the freeway at night, absolutely chucking it down, couldn’t see more than a few metres ahead, some clown right up my arse at 95km. A colleague at work was in a fender bender, four cars. No guesses as to why it included four cars.
What lane were you in?

Been noticing more tailgating recently. Doesn't seem to matter which lane out of 2 or 3, the speed of traffic or my own speed relative to the limit, always seems to be someone sitting a metre behind me. The other day I was doing 60 or 70 in the left lane of an 80 zone, car up my date. 5 minutes later I was sitting on 85-90 (I mean no more than 80, officer) in the right lane on the same road, car up my date. Even had someone doing it on a section of freeway that is 4 lanes when it was night time and there was minimal traffic. Two lanes right of me, one lane left. Feel free to pass...

Absolutely, see it every day. Can be doing the speed limit and someone is right up my ass. I cant even see their headlights.

But I notice it more with other cars around you. Some utensil speeds up to someone and tailgates them expecting them to move.

Did have one the other day where he was tailgating me (im doing the speed limit), the road changed to 2 lanes, he went around me in the other lane, but that car ahead in the 2nd lane he moved into was going slower than me. I gave the tailgater a wave and a laugh as i went past. Then even funnier, eventually he caught up went past me and we got a 2 lane round about, he took the right hand lane, I took the left had lane knowing full well it moves a hell of a lot faster than the right lane. Again gave him a wave as I entered the round about and he waited for another 5 cars or so, so funny.

the other day, i had a tradie in a ute sit up my clacker, i was doing the speed limit he eventually passed me and then he passed me another 3 times, he kept on getting stuck behind slow cars, then he got stuck behind a truck then caught a red light, if he didn't drive like a douchebag, he would have been fine, it was great schadenfreude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small shopping strip with 12 shops on one side and vehicles parked on both sides in a separate service lane off Middleborough Rd Box Hill North (Kerrimuir).

Irresponsible driver leaving the area speeding like a bullet. Visibility is a problem when reversing out and people cross regularly. Luckily no pedestrians had crossed and I had previously reversed parked so therefore was able to see him when I was leaving, still had to slam on my brakes.

Last edited:
Absolutely, see it every day. Can be doing the speed limit and someone is right up my ass. I cant even see their headlights.

But I notice it more with other cars around you. Some utensil speeds up to someone and tailgates them expecting them to move.

Did have one the other day where he was tailgating me (im doing the speed limit), the road changed to 2 lanes, he went around me in the other lane, but that car ahead in the 2nd lane he moved into was going slower than me. I gave the tailgater a wave and a laugh as i went past. Then even funnier, eventually he caught up went past me and we got a 2 lane round about, he took the right hand lane, I took the left had lane knowing full well it moves a hell of a lot faster than the right lane. Again gave him a wave as I entered the round about and he waited for another 5 cars or so, so funny.

This.....is pretty much how road rage starts and some nut job attacks you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That period of the morning where the traffic is almost specifically tradies is the worst to drive in if you hate tailgating. The speed limit might be 70 but these blokes are doing 90 and will sit right up your arse if they can't overtake.

In other events, I had a bloke pull out of the Highbury Park carpark the other day as I was traveling west, and he decided to drive down the wrong side of the road as oncoming traffic was approaching then try to nudge into my lane. Had to swerve to miss the campaigner, almost taking out another bloke to my left.

Sometimes you just have to let the dickheads in if you can, which is what I did on Thursday morning when some bloke decided to chuck a Uey as I (and a mountain of traffic behind me) were coming the other way. This was also on Highbury Rd, about 300m east from the other bloke that I mentioned above. I basically had to stop because he was going to do it whether I stopped or not. Could have done it in any of the many sidestreets along that section and then performed a right hand turn but decided that he couldn't wait for a break in traffic to turn right (or do a U-turn), so he made his own break.

Just came back from a 2 week holiday in New Zealand where I drove a fair bit. Totally different driving philosophy over there, no tailgating, people pull over to let others pass, no road rage.

Its interesting. People like to blame immigrants for our traffic problems, but it runs deeper than that. You've noticed in NZ its a totally different philosophy, its cultural. They have immigrants too, yet all let drivers pass. Here? Nope.

Small shopping strip with 12 shops on one side and vehicles parked on both sides in a separate service lane off Middleborough Rd Box Hill North (Kerrimuir).

Irresponsible driver leaving the area speeding like a bullet. Visibility is a problem when reversing out and people cross regularly. Luckily no pedestrians had crossed and I had previously reversed parked so therefore was able to see him when I was leaving, still had to slam on my brakes.

Know that stip well. Its a bitch of a section!

That period of the morning where the traffic is almost specifically tradies is the worst to drive in if you hate tailgating. The speed limit might be 70 but these blokes are doing 90 and will sit right up your arse if they can't overtake.

In other events, I had a bloke pull out of the Highbury Park carpark the other day as I was traveling west, and he decided to drive down the wrong side of the road as oncoming traffic was approaching then try to nudge into my lane. Had to swerve to miss the campaigner, almost taking out another bloke to my left.

know that area like hand of my hand(s). In traffic it is hard to turn right out of that car park given proximity to the intersection with blackburn rd. But still, what he did was stupid! Thing is, people like them are those who'll cut in and laugh at you despite being in the wrong.

Sometimes you just have to let the dickheads in if you can, which is what I did on Thursday morning when some bloke decided to chuck a Uey as I (and a mountain of traffic behind me) were coming the other way. This was also on Highbury Rd, about 300m east from the other bloke that I mentioned above. I basically had to stop because he was going to do it whether I stopped or not. Could have done it in any of the many sidestreets along that section and then performed a right hand turn but decided that he couldn't wait for a break in traffic to turn right (or do a U-turn), so he made his own break.

Was that maybe near worthing ave or sevenoaks drive?

Thing about these people is they'll be laughing at your inconvenience, and chastise you for having the temerity for judging them.

know that area like hand of my hand(s). In traffic it is hard to turn right out of that car park given proximity to the intersection with blackburn rd. But still, what he did was stupid! Thing is, people like them are those who'll cut in and laugh at you despite being in the wrong.

Was that maybe near worthing ave or sevenoaks drive?

Thing about these people is they'll be laughing at your inconvenience, and chastise you for having the temerity for judging them.
Yeah I get that, if I was stuck in the carpark driveway for an extended period of time I'd probably do a lefthand turn up Highbury and go around the block, then do a right hand turn out of Gareth drive. Sure, it's less convenient but it also won't end up causing an accident.

Yeah, think it was quite literally next to the entrance to Newhaven Rd.

I was driving south-bound along Hoddle Street a couple of days ago, about a block past Clifton Hill station, as my light goes green and some dumb * hoons up the lane to turn right, forcing me and the car in the middle north-bound lane to have to break to stop this piece of s**t causing a major accident.

All for this dumb * to end up parked next to me at the lights on the Eastern Freeway overpass. (Had their window open to, to get a real friggen brutal spray from me.)

That kind of s**t drives me crazy. You're an a-hole to do this at any time of the day, but with the amount of traffic during peak hour you're just being the worst kind of campaigner, risking serious accidents cos you think your time is more important than anyone else's (including all the traffic that will be delayed when you inevitably do cause an accident.)

"If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is, I no have no interest in cars. If you have no interest in cars you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something it means you are no good at it. Which means you must have your driving license taken away." - Jeremy Clarkson

******* push start cars. Every time the remote battery starts to die, the system ****s up. WTF is wrong with keys. Stupid car makers.

If you open your centre console there will be a tight little slot down in there for you to insert your battery-drained key temporarily. It is there exactly for this scenario. Your push-button and other functions will then work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back